Are most married couples unhappy?

FactusIRX

Kingfisher
I'm embarrassed by the posts I wrote in this thread. Being married is great. My wife and I are meeting with a priest to begin the process to have our marriage recognized by the Church. She's converting, and I'm attending the courses as well, since I was a lapsed Catholic for so long. I'm happy I was married relatively young (24). I'm also happy that I was married just before Tinder and other dating apps were launched, so neither of us were impacted by it.

jeffinjapan

Pigeon
Orthodox
I've been married for just a tad over 30 years and have three kids, and two grandkids (so far). And I can say for myself-and my wife-we're still happily married. We can certainly irritate the hell out of each other at times, and the booty calls are rare, but if you can adapt and overcome, you too can have a 'til death do us part' happy marriage. So ignore all the haters!

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
I've been married for just a tad over 30 years and have three kids, and two grandkids (so far). And I can say for myself-and my wife-we're still happily married. We can certainly irritate the hell out of each other at times, and the booty calls are rare, but if you can adapt and overcome, you too can have a 'til death do us part' happy marriage. So ignore all the haters!
I thought this was exactly how good marriages workout. I love my wife but we get annoyed every now and then. I'd rather be annoyed with her than than all of the other women out there. There are ups and downs long term it's all up.

GWYW2015

Woodpecker
Orthodox
"Adapt and overcome", so true. And, be realistic.

GWYW2015

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Marriage isn't designed to replace God so we need to be realistic with expecations for happiness. It is supposed to meet certain needs (not just sex). The Bible says "You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore"-Psalm 16:11. One day in eternity the Christian will have the very best of a marriage to the Lord that can only be imperfectly seen in marriage.

That's the way I look at where we should and will find our ultimated joy.