Are most married couples unhappy?

Zenta

Woodpecker
Gold Member
ilostabet said:
I wonder how many of the guys bitching about marriage and women being so bad are actually married.

and of those that are, or were, maybe you should consider that to have a good woman who will be submissive, you need to be the kind of man that is worth submitting to.

I think this is a very prominent post, find a good submissive woman and be of frame to be submitted to. Most likely the only way you can have a decent marriage these days.

I should have clarified my post a bit more. Instead of happy I should have used the word content, as any wise man knows you cannot be in a constant state of happiness(and to think you can is like spending your life chasing fools gold), so I think some people took that too literal and that is my fault. I choose happy just because I was thinking at the time how unhappy and depressed many couples I know are so my head just jumped to the opposite of that.

Also on the topic, I don't think cohabitation applies here, while I do no disagree at all the benefits of cohabitation vs marriage, any good woman worth cohabitating and have children with most likely will also want to be married, as pointed out it is much more important to them than it is to us. Of course there are always outliers but lets be realistic here, your tradition good childbearing submissive wife is going to want marriage on top of all that and rightly so.

questor70 said:
Kungfu said:
Women hate beta providers.

Distinction. Women don't hate beta providers. That's like saying you hate an ATM. They just aren't turned on by them.

It's not just a lack of attraction. It's anti-attraction. Repulsion.

Their entire beings seethe with contempt for betas.

SilentOne

Woodpecker
Does anybody here actually see any pros or benefits to marriage?? Something that doesn't involve using feelings or getting a gimmick like tax breaks... Anybody???

Zenta

Woodpecker
Gold Member
SilentOne said:
Does anybody here actually see any pros or benefits to marriage?? Something that doesn't involve using feelings or getting a gimmick like tax breaks... Anybody???

The only real benefit is a more stable family unit with the right women that wouldn't otherwise be with you if you just planned to be her cohabitation partner for the rest of her life.

Zenta said:
SilentOne said:

The only real benefit is a more stable family unit with the right women that wouldn't otherwise be with you if you just planned to be her cohabitation partner for the rest of her life.

Women don't plan for the rest of their life.
They do what feels good to them on a day to day basis.
I asked my (SEA) woman how far she plans ahead, she replied "If I have a weeks food in the larder, I'm happy"

king bast said:
Are any of those with the canned anti-marriage answers actually married themselves? Ive been married for almost 10 years, and the answer to the question "are you happy" would not have been the same throughout that time, but right now the answer is absolutely yes.

In this political and spiritual climate, I cant imagine what would keep me going if not my family. Family has given men purpose from time immemorial, so if youre one of the "never getting married, never having kids" crowd, good luck to you all finding something else, but I'd advise you not to try to reinvent the wheel. Your nihilistic, defeatist attitudes will make your unhappiness a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I upvoted your comment cause it makes sense, but at the same time I can't accept it.

I have seen how women act around super alphas and there's no going back. Women of all ages, races, and socioeconomic backgrounds. All willing to dump their husbands or boyfriends in the trash in a heartbeat.

There's nothing more eye opening.

Most people who are unhappy married, they are even more unhappy single.

The few who live fulfilling lives while single are either single successful men who have had children before - and they can still attract women.
Or they are the few true solitary creatures that are akin to spiritual monks/nuns or eternal womanizers who enjoy their lives that way.

There is lots of anti-marriage propaganda in the media - don't believe it. The happiness ratio especially of women has been going down strongly. We men do better without marriage than women, but that's about the full extent of it.

Simeon_Strangelight said:
Most people who are unhappy married, they are even more unhappy single.

Bingo. People end up miserable either way, and the grass is always greener.

I will never deny the value of game or the pleasure of sex, but it adds no value to your life and becomes a mindless and empty quest in itself.

< Besides - the anti-marriage talk is useless.

Anyone knows a better system that would create a better human society than stable male-female marriage-bound relations for life?

I don't. The only thing I know is that we must return to the sane marriage laws and unions from the 1880s, where fathers have massive rights, keep their kids in divorce. We can even now add Red Pill and Game teachings that are science based on top of religion. We can tell women and men why the old "sexist" behavioral patterns make both genders happy. Men should be encouraged to be Rambo and not soy and women should be encouraged to be feminine and submissive. It makes for better experiences.

The globo-homos are trying to destroy the marriage bond instead of improving it. If we implemented my system then happiness would be 80% for women and for men not far behind. Hardly a man would complain being married to a 16-20yo girl getting her hottest years, having her give you kids early. Banging or marrying 30yo carousel sluts would be a ridiculous proposition.

And that does not mean that divorces would not happen - of course they would and they should sometimes, but these would be extenuating circumstances and should not be encouraged.

king bast

Kingfisher
Kungfu said:
king bast said:
Are any of those with the canned anti-marriage answers actually married themselves? Ive been married for almost 10 years, and the answer to the question "are you happy" would not have been the same throughout that time, but right now the answer is absolutely yes.

In this political and spiritual climate, I cant imagine what would keep me going if not my family. Family has given men purpose from time immemorial, so if youre one of the "never getting married, never having kids" crowd, good luck to you all finding something else, but I'd advise you not to try to reinvent the wheel. Your nihilistic, defeatist attitudes will make your unhappiness a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I upvoted your comment cause it makes sense, but at the same time I can't accept it.

I have seen how women act around super alphas and there's no going back. Women of all ages, races, and socioeconomic backgrounds. All willing to dump their husbands or boyfriends in the trash in a heartbeat.

That seems weak as fuck. Your attitude is that bullies can't steal your lunch money if you don't have any, so you spend your whole life going hungry.
There are no "super alphas" lurking in the shadows, waiting to steal my wife, and if I thought there was, I'd back myself to take care of it. Have some belief, don't just give in to a fear of your own making.

king bast said:
Kungfu said:
king bast said:

That seems weak as fuck. Your attitude is that bullies can't steal your lunch money if you don't have any, so you spend your whole life going hungry.
There are no "super alphas" lurking in the shadows, waiting to steal my wife, and if I thought there was, I'd back myself to take care of it. Have some belief, don't just give in to a fear of your own making.

I've seen it with my own eyes. "Super alpha" doesn't mean jet setting CEO billionaire.

Saw some young guy that was 5'9 at most and groomed by management from the beginning of his career to climb way up the corporate ladder, and with super speed.

And not because of any noticeable skills, but because of his supreme arrogance and irrationally high self confidence.

Got way more credit than he deserved, and all his mistakes were forgiven that others would get shit for. And every woman around him was gushing for his attention. "Stud", they called him. And he fucked everyone.

king bast said:

My attitude is that bullies won't steal my lunch money if I don't appear to have it.
I can eat when they're not around.

Hide your assets where she can't find them, and never boast about how much you have saved.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
Kungfu said:
Quick math...

Women hate beta providers.

Women can only marry beta providers.

Therefore they hate their husbands and both live a miserable marriage.

So yes to the question.

This is exactly right. A man would be a fool to sign a marriage contract in modern society, and this is obvious to women on an instinctive level. They know they own the man like a slave once they are married, and have legal ownership of his assets and future income, even if they leave him. They know his children aren't his, even if he was the "sperm donor".

Therefore, they feel contempt for any fool that would agree to such a horrible deal, and obviously lose their attraction and affection for the sucker that married them. The sight of such a loser incites the wife to fleece him as he deserves.

Sometimes, if a woman has a good upbringing, it takes longer for society to instill this thinking into her, but it happens eventually.

king bast said:

The OP specifically asked about our thoughts on getting legally married. Not having a family (partner and/or children).

That is fantastic that you've had an overall positive experience thus far (so far, so good).:banana:

The wheel has ALREADY been reinvented. Marriage is a man made technology that at one time served a purpose. That purpose is now largely kaput. If its working so well then why do so many people get divorced every year??

Specifically designated gender roles don't typically hold up in most relationships and a woman can up and leave you at any time and take your kids and most of your stuff for any reason or simply no reason at all ... Or do a complete personality 180, and nag/cajole you into an early grave.

Most married guys I come across have literally had the life sucked completely out of them and display little desire to gone on ... Showing far more anger, bitterness and a defeatist attitude then that of any single guy I have ever met.

Specifically, guys in my family have spent literally decades correcting and cleaning up the disgusting mess their wives caused through acting out on a few emotional whims and tantrums ... And for the marriages that have "lasted" (mostly just on paper), most of the men are constantly stressed to the brim and on the edge of despair.

I've always found it ironic that the "man up", "do the right thing", "this is what the Bible says is so" crowd is suddenly silent and no where to be found to lend a helping hand or provide any support whatsoever when a man is being financially and emotionally demolished by his harpy wife, yet so quick to tell other guys how to spend their time and money.

There is lots of anti-marriage propaganda in the media - don't believe it. The happiness ratio especially of women has been going down strongly. We men do better without marriage than women, but that's about the full extent of it.

Whats your source?

Come to California and spend five minutes consulting with any reputable family law attorney that primarily represents men and you would change your mind completely.

MyFabolousLife said:
I've always found it ironic that the "man up", "do the right thing", "this is what the Bible says is so" crowd is suddenly silent and no where to be found to lend a helping hand or provide any support whatsoever when a man is being financially and emotionally demolished by his harpy wife, yet so quick to tell other guys how to spend their time and money.

I was asset stripped by the 19yo Christian virgin, that everyone on here wants to marry, after 30 years of marriage and 4 children. Her Christian parents certainly didn't give me any support when she decided to try banging other guys (in her 50s), and neither did God. Never saw the kids again (10 years now), God didn't stop her teaching them to hate me. So much for Christian love, I've only been shown his hate.

MyFabolousLife said:

Whats your source?

Come to California and spend five minutes consulting with any reputable family law attorney that primarily represents men and you would change your mind completely.

Those are localized problems - most of it due to the insane divorce laws. Take a different country - Sweden. Sweden has sane divorce laws and it's almost impossible for women to take a guy to the cleaners. Even if the divorce rate is high, the couples have an amicable relationship afterwards - most remarry later.

And yes - the happiness ratio for women was over 80% in the 1950s and 60s.

That said - I would not marry in the US unless I were a powerful billionaire and had a legal team working on the prenup.

I agree on that, but for many countries it's not the same.

wwtl

Kingfisher
John Dodds said:
MyFabolousLife said:

I was asset stripped by the 19yo Christian virgin, that everyone on here wants to marry, after 30 years of marriage and 4 children. Her Christian parents certainly didn't give me any support when she decided to try banging other guys (in her 50s), and neither did God. Never saw the kids again (10 years now), God didn't stop her teaching them to hate me. So much for Christian love, I've only been shown his hate.

I know you are going to hate me for this, but the marriage fully served its purpose. Didn't it?

You got asset stripped when the first child arrived. The marriage got consummated and that is what it means. Most husbands don't realize this and live for decades in the delusion that they actually still own something. Being Christian means giving up worldly things.

My guess is that you married young and had no idea of the consequences of your decisions. Young guys marry for a bunch of reasons: hope of exclusive access to sex, a trophy to show around, some kind of picket fences dream of getting old together.

But the purpose of marriage is creating and raising children.

Kid Twist's question is justified as well. When a Christian marries a Non-Christian, their faith doesn't grow together. Instead the Christian part of the marriage loses it. And guess what: Starts behaving like it. This is why the Bible bans such marriages in 2 Corinthians 6:14.