Are People Going Insane?

To summarise, I am 30% bloomer and 70% doomer. 70% of the time I feel like I am losing my mind. Recently, I mentioned to one of my family members that local elections are getting canceled due to Covid, which is insanity. She said "You know nord619, sometimes ignorance is bliss. You need to stop reading this stuff and just go with the flow." Is she right?
No, she is absolutely NOT right. Even if she was, it seems you have travelled too far down the rabbit hole (admittedly not too hard to do given how bad the government is at covering this up) to "just go with the flow." The knowledge that this is BS will always be in your head.

We are right to be mad at the government for infringing on our lives to such an extent.

William Faulkner

Woodpecker
Orthodox
People are absolutely going insane. They have been pushed well beyond the breaking point. Nearly a year of dealing with Covaids has definitely taken it's toll on the American psyche. First the 'accidental' release of a biological weapon and all that followed, then the election and all the latest news playing out we are witnessing the average Americans paradigms crumbling around them. Even average normal mainstream types now are realizing that they have been lied to about nearly everything in their lives. Cognitive dissonance abounds. The most obvious sign seems to be road rage. It's a great look into the psyche of the area in which you are living.

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
It's interesting to me how badly people seem to be taking this as a result of the shift (among Millennials and younger) away from conspicuous consumption and toward experiences. There's nothing to stop you from ordering junk online and getting a dopamine rush, so those people are fine; but the pivot toward Muh Experiences hits Millennials and younger especially hard because they can't travel, eat at cool restaurants, or do other Instagrammable stuff.

You made me think of this brilliance:

Recently, I mentioned to one of my family members that local elections are getting canceled due to Covid, which is insanity. She said "You know nord619, sometimes ignorance is bliss. You need to stop reading this stuff and just go with the flow." Is she right?
If you are neurotic/get into mood swings this will mitigate major downsides of neuroticism in a band-aid way. (Why Kiwis/Aussies advocate this)

It probably has not been ideal historically(to simply go with the flow), or if you're at all normal psychologically. But then it shows how broken modern people are eh.

Mr Gee

Robin
Other Christian
Some days I feel like I am going insane.

Back in January 2020 it was Chinese new year and my university had broken up for winter. I traveled back home to England to see family and friends. The semester was meant to start mid February, but by then I couldn't get a flight back to Beijing. Long story short, everything I had built, everything I was proud of, it was all destroyed in 2020. Everything that used to fill my time, university, working, girlfriend, social circles, living in a foreign country etc was gone. I spent my time trying to start a business and researching the biggest event of my life so far.

My conclusion is that the pandemic stinks. I try to tell people this. I try to point them to sane, rational people who are asking logical questions about government policy towards the pandemic. I get two responses: Either they don't care, or they say its bullshit because the news says otherwise.

Some days I feel so lonely and lost because no one understands how big this is. I calmly explain to them that the very act of what we are doing now, being in the same room as each other, is now illegal. And the response, if not complete apathy, is getting emotional and demanding tougher restrictions.

I love my family and friends. But I am finding it harder and harder to relate to them. I haven't met anyone new for almost a year, everything is shut and the weather isn't great in Northern Europe. I am reluctant to accept the fact that my plan for my future is gone and never coming back. My business makes no money, I spent all my savings, and the area I live has been decimated economically. I've had English girlfriends and foreign girlfriends, and I refuse to date 99% of English girls. It's a complete waste of time.

I am trying my best to stay positive. I've read so many fantastic books this year, learnt a lot about basic business principles that will serve me well in the future and sticking to a workout/yoga/biking routine. Yet some days, like today, I won't move out of bed until 4pm. Then sit on my phone, getting angry at what is happening, feeling hopeless and lost. And the worst thing is I know this is just the beginning.

To summarise, I am 30% bloomer and 70% doomer. 70% of the time I feel like I am losing my mind. Recently, I mentioned to one of my family members that local elections are getting canceled due to Covid, which is insanity. She said "You know nord619, sometimes ignorance is bliss. You need to stop reading this stuff and just go with the flow." Is she right?
My life was set back in a big way last year too, similar story to yours. I’m getting a bit worried now, feeling very alone. But you know what? Being aware of what is going on is good, it will enable me to bounce back at some stage. Yes ignorance is bliss, it is also fatal sometimes.

typtre

Woodpecker
Non-Christian
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. Timothy, 2:12
"Go with the flow" is because women take the shape of the container and all that. Do not listen to fools. Do not listen to Government. But I repeat myself.

But it might be a good idea to put down the flow of information once in a while.
Forget about the madness for a few days or weeks or months. Maybe the entire 2021?

Lets memory hole the entire 2021 before it even started, because I doubt it is going to be a good year anyway.

Nord619

Pigeon
My life was set back in a big way last year too, similar story to yours. I’m getting a bit worried now, feeling very alone. But you know what? Being aware of what is going on is good, it will enable me to bounce back at some stage. Yes ignorance is bliss, it is also fatal sometimes.
That's what people keep telling me. You'll get back on track once this is over. Call me a pessimist, but I think this is just the beginning of a long slip into a truly dystopian nightmare.

The war of domestic terrorism has just started.

aynrus

Banned
That's it...
In rural Southern Missouri, one of the most conservative areas, now see 99.5% in masks in big stores - and that's 2 days before inauguration of the Satan's guy. They just quietly submitted to the cabal. I'm talking about the area where at least 85% are voting Republican.
I bet they've been listening to Fox News, the chock of hoax lies...

Doubt most of them believe in the scam: they got no problem getting close to me (I wear no masks) at all.
In fact I was hit on by 2 women store employees, even got asked out, all in one week (!)
And I'm kind of old and total introvert lone wolf minding my own business, not the type to be hit on and I wasn't showing any interest.
If I get asked out by masked store employees at my age: this is the sign people had gone officially insane.
May be just seeing someone without a mask, not fearful and healthy looking makes seems exciting for them.

They just became obedient to the Cabal, surrendered without a fight. Probably still falsely believe that it'll "go away". No, it will not go away. It'll be there until major destructive event that's coming soon, may be even End of Times.

Last edited:

Zanardi

Woodpecker
Orthodox
If I get asked out by masked store employees at my age: this is the sign people had gone officially insane.
Or lonely and aching for some human contact.

In Romania, masks are mandatory everywhere, from the moment you get out of the house until the moment you get in the house. I have a mask with me, but I am not wearing it outside, only inside (in shops, public transportations, etc) because I am walking and because my city almost never has a high density of people in one place. Most of the time, when I walk, I am completely alone. So why wear it, if the chances of me getting the bug are 0?

So far, nobody except my girlfriend had seen my small act of disobedience as courage, but as stupidity. Or they completely ignore it.

Works for me.

In Romania, masks are mandatory everywhere, from the moment you get out of the house until the moment you get in the house. I have a mask with me, but I am not wearing it outside, only inside (in shops, public transportations, etc) because I am walking and because my city almost never has a high density of people in one place. Most of the time, when I walk, I am completely alone. So why wear it, if the chances of me getting the bug are 0?

So far, nobody except my girlfriend had seen my small act of disobedience as courage, but as stupidity. Or they completely ignore it.

Works for me.

What is the penalty for not wearing a mask?

Psalm27

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Gold Member

Works for me.
In Finland masks are still optional but compliance is high. I don't wear a mask anywhere and nobody has thus far complained about it. Finns mind their own business and don't like to get into confrontations, it's a cultural thing.

Jünger

Ostrich

toast

Chicken
Chatted to a Dutch girl who works at a restaurant I frequent, she had the virus, like me some time back was mild for both of us. She commented on how down, angry and despondent people are. I think people are aware that it's all bullshit and govs are in way over their heads. We can all sense the nonsensical logic, combined with the neuroticism of NPCs, there is tension in the air.

A lot of locals I know - workmen, attendants are totally chill and DGAF about distancing or masks and only wear them if they have to for work reasons. Out of a dozen or so workmen I've had around not a single one masked up. Had a weedy real estate bloke around who looked ill anyway who masked up though.

On the flipside, a small vocal SJW/woke subsection of my colleagues seem to exclusively regurgitate headlines to support more lockdowns, stricter rules with literally no mention or thought of the extended damage being done to the west. It is never enough for these boot lickers, and they will continue to signal as if they are not only in the majority but occupy some saint-like moral high ground for worrying about a virus that is mostly harmless. The truth is they are a frantic little group of despots being egged on by a media intent on programming them.

Also bizarre to see so many people walking alone outside masked, or riding bikes masked. Indoors - sure whatever not a big deal even if I think it does almost nothing. But outside? Just can't get my head round it.

Was in London recently too - those people are much more far gone than the dutch, the media has done a good job terrifying the pea-brains entirely. I've had people jump away from me as I walk, press themselves up against a wall facing away, cover themselves with their coat necks as they eye me manically. Even my own family acting cagey around me.

I'd say a good 30% of people have properly lost their marbles at this point.

Simple Man

Kingfisher
Catholic
Gold Member
I feel for a lot of you guys who have to witness this rubbish on a daily basis. Seeing everyone masked up around me would be utterly depressing. I’ve recently moved to a small town in Australia with a population less than 5k, about 800km from any type of big city. The only time I am reminded at all of the virus is when I have to ‘check in’ somewhere with my mobile phone. I realise how lucky I am and I hope you all have the strength to keep persevering.
God bless!

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Where I live, I think its more like 70%. I am not even kidding. So many people outside alone with masks. Mothers with 6 month old babies, with the babies masked up. It makes me sick. Its a full time job not to go insane myself from being immersed in this.
Some people never had sanity. You can't lose what you don't have.

VosSNnh.jpg