Are People Going Insane?

Bartimaeus Rex

Woodpecker
Gold Member
One way to inoculate children against the globohomo agenda is to take them out on nature trips and teach them to appreciate nature and how everything is wonderfully made and put together in a logical way. Teach them that the leaf matters, and should not complain that it is not the trunk, and that if leaves were trunks, trees would wither away and die.
If I could like this a million times I would.

It’s something that was first brought to my attention when I read Michael Crichton’s “Micro”. There was a forward to the book that addressed the issue of children in the modern world being cut off from nature, and the people most rabid about advocating “eco/green” friendly things are the people who are least knowledgeable about anything in nature and how everything works together.

Your post is like a second piece to that idea that I’ve been waiting for for over a decade. Of course people are so easily brainwashed and pushed away from natural law; they’ve been completely immersed in this artificial world we live in, and know nothing about how everything works outside the globalist imposed Truman Show they live in.

Dilated

Woodpecker
Other Christian
labor shortage, importing foreign workers...that's the same propaganda you see everywhere but I can see why they don't like Wisconsin. Wisconsin trades are still very unionized. For example, in my area there is a lot of home building going on. The work is being done by young white men with all of their teeth. No 'foreign workers' to speak of. Wisconsin is a state with low unemployment, so I can also see why rather than pay people more they just want to import wage slaves.

But yes, people do drink a lot here, there are bars everywhere....there is also winter, which is relative. I moved here from Northern Canada originally so Wisconsin winter is a cakewalk for me but I can see how it would grate on the delicate constitutions of people from some more fair weather states.

All that being said, I would rather the state maintain its reputation as being boring and inhospitable, it keeps real estate prices down and migrants from hellholes away.
Wisconsin has the finest people on earth...after Ohio that is

Street Justice

Sparrow
Protestant
the people most rabid about advocating “eco/green” friendly things are the people who are least knowledgeable about anything in nature and how everything works together

I think there's a lot to say about people from cities going nuts for eco/green. I think it's similar to many of them going nuts for gun control and all sorts of other things. Frequently when in major cities I get what I call a 'whiff of the city'. It smells bad. Back when I still read the news, in the cities it was full of all the violent goings-on. Perhaps they can't see further than the place that they are.

Also, add me to the boat of people liking Elipe's post a million times.

Elipe

Ostrich
Protestant
It's also worth pointing out that our clown world has also really trivialized and neutered the word "nature." Like Bartimaeus mentioned, you've got those people that are nuts for the eco/green thing, and they conflate that with nature. The word "nature" has been bastardized to simply mean that green stuff growing outside your window, and is used to describe the concept of something non-artificial, not made by humans, because materialism has ruled out that nature is intelligently designed. Add in the usual Gnostic crap, and you've got the modern "green" movement that has reduced nature into a dualistic view of "human bad, non-human good."

But nature is more than just that green stuff outside your window. Nature is being. Even a chair, an artificially constructed thing, has its own nature. What is the nature of a chair? Think Platonic Forms: a chair is an object to be sit upon. It obeys gravity, because it has mass - that is part of its nature - so it needs legs to stand up. Likewise, mankind - man and woman - has its own nature, characteristics of its being that defines it as mankind.

But nature can also be defied, and at one's own risk. A chair that loses its legs defies its nature as a chair, and can more reasonably be described as a slate on the floor, and it becomes less useful as a chair. It must either be repaired or thrown out. This is where the concept of natural law comes into play: natural law describes this phenomenon of things having a nature and things working out more harmoniously when these things are in accordance with their defined natures.

This is good stuff every child should learn at some point.

Aurini

Ostrich
Dangerous game to play. That message aligns with the tranny agenda. If gender doesn't matter, then real life is Cyberpunk 2077 and you get to pick-and-choose your genitals.

God's message is that everything has a nature, and God created nature and called it good. It is good that women are women, and good that men are men. The emphasis should be on appreciating God's creation, appreciating that everything has its place and works together toward the glorification of God.

1 Cor. 12:15-20 perfectly expresses God's opposition to the tranny agenda. The foot has no right to complain about not being a hand, and the ear has no right to complain about not being an eye. They all work together, and in the same way, men and women work together as men and women, and would not work together as well if men pretended to be women and women pretended to be men.

One way to inoculate children against the globohomo agenda is to take them out on nature trips and teach them to appreciate nature and how everything is wonderfully made and put together in a logical way. Teach them that the leaf matters, and should not complain that it is not the trunk, and that if leaves were trunks, trees would wither away and die.
Even if she was old enough to understand this, having an oppositional-style courtroom debate will only push her into her mother's arms. We ought to be having these debates against the people pushing this agenda. Obviously we're not. And he's not in a position to argue with the mother, who's the one pushing this. I was describing how he should deal with his daughter; give her room to come back to him.

kel

Banned

On the note of "people going insane" along these lines, take anyone you love for a walk in nature (or even the city, if you're stuck). There was a "let's go for a walk" meme a few years ago, just encouraging people to do that with each other to take a breather and to be able to talk and just be together not mediated by some kind of app, corporation, or bureaucracy.

The left calls this "self-care as a radical act", which as usual ends up being word soup to justify narcissism, laziness, and dopamine addiction, but the concept in its pure form is legit, and bringing that to others, imposing it upon them even when you know they need it, is a pure expression of love for that person and your mutual community.

Bartimaeus Rex

Woodpecker
Gold Member
On that note @kel

The best dates (and especially first dates) I ever had with women were simply taking a walk in the woods or through a park. People resonate with natural environment, and it makes sense that people are going crazy with lockdowns being stuck indoors.

Of course, there’s a whole novel to be written about the benefits of vitamin D as well.

EDIT

Get some house plants people, up the oxygen in your living quarters.

LeoniusD

Pelican
Gnostic or New Age
The best ways to deal with the insane system is by either embrace the insanity in a form of eternal facsimile of insane mirth:

tenor.gif

Or you go inwardly beyond it by seeking God, spirituality, detachment and enlightenment - find succor in prayer, meditation, contemplation. They can only take your freedom, even your body, but never your mind and certainly not your Soul.

matrixlotusgoldenbuddhamoviescene.jpg

Humanity will go into greater insanity - not only about the insanity of gender dysphoria, they added asymptomatic diseases to the roster, insane rules and the completely different rules for the elite and their servants. The public might wake up to the reality of things a few years later, but it might be too late to resist by then. Still your inner life does not have to be restricted.
iMoD8O.gif
z

gent

Sparrow
Catholic
Up until the point where it becomes time to act - and hopefully it will never be at that point - what you can do is make sure that you're not a force to rebel against. If you 'force' the correct pronouns on her, you become the tyrant who trying to steal her independence. This will cement your ex's false narrative. Instead, be the welcoming and loving father, who plays rough and tumble with her so that she gains confidence, let her know that it's okay to be whatever she wants to be, and that you'll always be there to protect her.

I mean, isn't it okay for kids to be whatever they want to be? Kids need to experiment with different rolls growing up - let's play house, I'm the mom, you're the dad, you're the dog, you're the cat. This is healthy and natural. And who said that women aren't allowed to play with lego or that boys can't enjoy colouring books? That's the prejudice coming from the gender ideologues - "If you want to play with blocks, that means you're a boy, girls aren't allowed to play with blocks." Horseshit.

She's still very young, and going through an exploratory phase, trying on different rolls. Your idiot ex doesn't realize this, and is trying to cement this roll. Instead of allowing this to divide you two, say to her "Does it matter if you're a boy or a girl? I'm your dad and I love you." So long as there are no permanent chemical alterations being done, you've got room to manoeuvre. She'll eventually get tired of role playing as a boy.

I understand where you're coming from but I can't bring myself to tell her that she's a boy. I usually try to just change the subject when she brings it up or tell her not to worry about gender, since I'm definitely not trying to argue with her or punish her for the ideas that her mom put in her head. But this is far beyond playing pretend at this point. Unfortunately this has gone on for months and it is just getting worse. There is no sign of her getting bored with it (which was my initial hope).

And she's in school now - so if her mom is sending her to school dressed like a boy and calling herself a boy that is just going to get her bullied. I'm sorry but I don't agree that we should let kids do whatever they want, we have to provide some guidance.

I do try to keep things light hearted though. Like I say "ok you can be a boy if I can be a dragon", just to try to point out the absurdity of what her mom is saying. I also try to focus on the positive aspects of being a girl (and my wife tries to be a positive feminine role model for her) rather than focus on the negative aspects of what her mom is telling her.

TooFineAPoint

Ostrich
Protestant
The grass seems always greener on the other side. Honestly as a frenchman I wouldn't recommend moving to Europe more specifically the European "Soviet" Union.

I actually envy you cause living in North America. You have so much nature and wilderness to escape to. Again maybe as a european I have rose tinted glasses and there's laws and regulations that makes it difficult to go off grid and escape in the wild?

I don't want to live in the wild. A small town will do.

I've lived in Europe before (UK for 3 years, Italy for 3 months, Lithuania for half a year). I enjoyed Europe a lot. There were only 3 reasons I didn't stay:
1. Parents live in North America
2. No long term job prospects at the time
3. The efficiency and convenience of everyday life sucks compared to North America.

I have my own remote business so #2 is solved, and as to #3, with Covid, North America has lost its advantage for efficiency and service.

I also value man-made beauty as much as natural beauty. Tuscany, for instance, is just as beautiful as where I live now in terms of nature. But every small and medium sized town next to my nature is hideous and disgusting and completely demoralizing. Whereas many (not all) small towns I visited or lived in in Europe were beautiful and delightful.

All else being equal, if communism will be enacted everywhere and "new normal" is isolation and masks, I will pick cobblestone streets and olive trees over stripmalls and endless winter.

As to if the people in small town Italy are reacting more or less insane than where I am now, for that I rely on witness accounts from friends and some generous members of this forum that have been willing to PM with me.

Left field:

Isolation may not be too different from the mania inherent in crowds.

Suggest everyone brush up on Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds by Charles Mackay.
I thought of an even better metaphor that maps to now:

Modern forced Covid isolation is like being thrown in solitary confinement...

But hanging from the roof of your cell are dozens of tin cans tied to strings.

On the other end of the strings, there are tin cans placed all over the rest of the prison: the mess hall, the yard, the showers, the guards' office, etc.

You have unlimited "communication" from around your world. But you are generally powerless to participate or affect it. You can also only choose to listen to one thing at a time... but you have 24/7 access to info.

Many of the messages paint a contradictory picture; the guards say one thing and the prisoners say another. Some messages are traumatizing; you hear rapes in the showers. Some make you jealous; like the sounds of the "free" prisoners working out.

You are alone, but with a nonstop tap of outside stimulation.

You have the audio version of a Bird's Eye view of everything; greater than any of the other prisoners. But you have no complete picture of reality for any of the events of which you hear.

RomikJan

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Walked over to Bertucci's last night to pick up pizza curb side. We had a giant snowstorm there was not a single person inside or outside waiting. The store had a giant sign that said call to let us know you are here and we will bring it out. So I call them from outside while looking inside through the glass. I see the cashier answer the phone tell me he will bring it right out. I then watched him not move a muscle for 15 minutes. He litterally stared into the void for 15 minutes, didn't even blink. My pizza was next to him the whole time, i kept thinking maybe its not mine maybe hes waiting for something. After being cold for 15 minutes I called him again, and it was like I woke him up. He instantly was like SHOOT and scrambled , grabbed my pizza that was next to him the whole 15 minutes and almost tripped over himself running it outside. I didnt say anything, who knows what hes going through. It was just insane he stood there like a robot for 15 minutes not moving a muscle, didnt play with his phone, didnt figit his fingers. Just stood there like a human self checkout machine.

Feyoder

Pelican
Walked over to Bertucci's last night to pick up pizza curb side. We had a giant snowstorm there was not a single person inside or outside waiting. The store had a giant sign that said call to let us know you are here and we will bring it out. So I call them from outside while looking inside through the glass. I see the cashier answer the phone tell me he will bring it right out. I then watched him not move a muscle for 15 minutes. He litterally stared into the void for 15 minutes, didn't even blink. My pizza was next to him the whole time, i kept thinking maybe its not mine maybe hes waiting for something. After being cold for 15 minutes I called him again, and it was like I woke him up. He instantly was like SHOOT and scrambled , grabbed my pizza that was next to him the whole 15 minutes and almost tripped over himself running it outside. I didnt say anything, who knows what hes going through. It was just insane he stood there like a robot for 15 minutes not moving a muscle, didnt play with his phone, didnt figit his fingers. Just stood there like a human self checkout machine.
Chilling.

Elipe

Ostrich
Protestant
Recommend that guy for a job as a Buckingham Palace guard.

Aurini

Ostrich
I wasn't recommending you endorse it, just be patient with it (at that age I wanted to be a ninja turtle); but it sounds like you've been doing that.

Perhaps at some point it will become time to hire a private investigator. These gender ideologues come from a place of self-loathing, whichever sex they are; and they've likely been teaching her that boys are monsters, and girls are weak, so she's chosen to become a monster.

STG

Woodpecker
Large cities are unnatural and harmful.

I recently spent some time in a large city and found it very stressful. I couldn't wait to leave.

Living in an urban area makes you disconnected with nature. Live in a place where you can see more nature then human structures.

Animals become depressed and lose their desire for life in the zoo. What you do not understand is that living in a city is no different then an animal living in a large pen at the zoo.

If you were born in the city and never got out its like the baby tiger being born in the zoo.