Are there any truly healthy and successful “independent” women?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I was thinking about it, and EVERY “independent” woman I’ve ever dated or associated with has been a complete mess when you pull back the thin veneer of leased vehicles and upscale apartment rentals. All of them had a combo of some or all of these traits:

1. Massive debt and complete lack of financial discipline and prioritization. “I just bought a pair of $500 heels, but can’t pay my rent tomorrow.”

2. Train wreck of a social life, high body counts, bad boy ex-boyfriends, typical endless female vs female conflicts, too much focus on bar/restaurant/nightlife scene and overall local degeneracy.

3. Constant fires created by an impulsive lifestyle and lack of long term thinking (home and vehicle maintenance disasters, missed deadlines and appointments, didn’t send in important paperwork, etc.)

4. Dependence on alcohol or prescription drugs (“anxiety” meds)

5. No real interest in their career or skillset, just a means to play dress up and live some sort Friends/Sex In The City fantasy.

6. If financial discipline exists, it’s almost always due to a father babysitting them to various degrees.

The sad thing is, this doesn’t just apply to young women in their early and mid 20s, but pretty much any age as long as they are single.

Caractacus Potts

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I have a cousin who checks all of the boxes.
  • She was very attractive when she was younger.
  • She was engaged to a successful finance guy but called it off.
  • Has her masters degree.
  • She owns her own home and has even done some of her own home repairs.
Now, however, she is over fifty and alone. She competes in 5ks and 10ks and bicycle races every weekend so she has a crowd of "friends" that she does things with. But when I see her I can tell she is unhappy. She is being cornered at work because of Critical Race Theory and the Wu Flu nonsense. But she cannot quit yet for a couple of more years because of pension related issues.

I have other family members who imbibed the go to school, get a good job, find a man later Kool Aid, but she is the most successful of the bunch. And she too is miserable.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I have a cousin who checks all of the boxes.
  • She was very attractive when she was younger.
  • She was engaged to a successful finance guy but called it off.
  • Has her masters degree.
  • She owns her own home and has even done some of her own home repairs.
Now, however, she is over fifty and alone. She competes in 5ks and 10ks and bicycle races every weekend so she has a crowd of "friends" that she does things with. But when I see her I can tell she is unhappy. She is being cornered at work because of Critical Race Theory and the Wu Flu nonsense. But she cannot quit yet for a couple of more years because of pension related issues.

I have other family members who imbibed the go to school, get a good job, find a man later Kool Aid, but she is the most successful of the bunch. And she too is miserable.
They actually sound a lot more competent than the women I’ve dealt with. In my experience most are incapable of properly, even safely, maintaining a home or vehicle. I have an ex girlfriend who I am fairly certain likely completely lost track of her retirement accounts, being that I was the person that explained to her what they even were, and that they existed.

Zagor

Kingfisher
They might be independent and successful, but generally they’re not happy. It’s funny to look at them when they approach the Wall desperately trying to find a man, and then being again unhappy with the guy they’ve ended up with because he doesn’t align with her fantasy life

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
They might be independent and successful, but generally they’re not happy. It’s funny to look at them when they approach the Wall desperately trying to find a man, and then being again unhappy with the guy they’ve ended up with because he doesn’t align with her fantasy life
I already knew they weren’t happy. I’ve met plenty that are successful on paper. But in practice, their lives were a complete mess as I described earlier. I’ve never met any woman that actually was living this boss girl fantasy, owned their home, money in the bank (not credit), and had anything squared away in their lives in a manner resembling any sort of masculine efficiency and discipline. Every so called “independent” woman I’ve known has had the literal, or equivalent experience of stacks of unpaid bills piled on their kitchen counter, with bags of new clothes from Nordstrom laying in their closets. Happiness is one thing, but I’m not even really convinced most women are even capable of managing their lives without a male figure involved, wether it be a father, husband, etc. We are going to end up with western governments supporting these women financially for decades.

Gimlet

Pelican
They are lonely. They have crushing loneliness, but can't admit that they were duped by society and instead double down on material goods. They are very similar to the folks lining up for covid booster shots: they trusted authorities, and refuse to admit they fell for lies.

And as I think about, admitting might be even worse than staying the course. If the 40 year old "successful" woman admits she was duped into believing work is more important than having family, it is already too late to do anything about it. Same with getting the covid shot... You can't unring that bell. So the women declare "I don't need a man to make me happy" and use prescription drugs and casual sex instead.

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Let's just pray for everyone. Pandora's box was opened long ago and there are a few who can get out of the positive feedback loop (negative?) but it's rare, and mostly due to local culture, luck, or both. The initial event was clear - in making women competitive with men, and supporting their "achievements" you just destroyed their real number of possible partners as the gatekeepers, and in turn, men mostly (and especially the upper level ones sought after) checked out, as women no longer had characteristics worth committing to. This probably the most simple or quickest explanation of family degradation of the West in the last 50 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.