Are you skeptical of vaccines? If so, why?

Aurini

Ostrich
Pretty much, since that's how I go about anything I'm trying to learn about. If that offends you, by all means, withhold your opinion. No one's forcing anyone to share anything.
Objectively can be pretended to when studying objects, but when applied to human subjects it becomes a denial of their right to Being. The knowledge you attain is a direct result of your intent upon beginning the study. If you seek dialogue, you will receive understanding and a human network. If you seek dissection, you will receive a corpse.

Elspeth

Sparrow
Woman
Objectively can be pretended to when studying objects, but when applied to human subjects it becomes a denial of their right to Being. The knowledge you attain is a direct result of your intent upon beginning the study. If you seek dialogue, you will receive understanding and a human network. If you seek dissection, you will receive a corpse.
Well said. At this time, however, I'm not seeking dialog (hence my absence of commenting on a majority of posts in this thread). For now, I'm only interested in hearing others' thoughts and opinions if anyone would like to share them.

Aizen

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Dude, stay off the women’s forum. They have this space for a reason. Let them engage in discourse; if you have an opinion, come to try vaccine thread.

Atlas Shrugged

Robin
Woman
Funny this popped up cause I just went thru some annoyance declining a flu shot. It’s hard working in healthcare and possibly losing some assignments cause of this but I always stick to my guns. I do feel there is a difference between old school one and done legit vaccines for serious crap versus the flu shot. One upside I just found out was people are starting to sue healthcare providers for not letting them decline the right way. For example if you choose religious reasons they really can’t say they don’t like your answer cause that’s discrimination. But how many places get away with that. I will say the flu shot is a guessing game and I give it a 40% chance of working and I’m being generous. And I’m pretty sure by December it’s already mutated. You don’t know how bad I want to put down my body my choice for declination but that would not be approved. Crazy thing is I work in the lab with fresh tissue and infectious diseases and don’t go near the living. I won’t be coughing on patients anytime soon. But if I was having babies at this point in time I would research how all vaccines are made at this point and take my time making my decision but the flu shot and the stupid WuFlu shot. No way.

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
Yes I'm skeptical of vaccines. I find it immoral to use aborted baby cells. I don't want the known poisons put into my body (mercury, aluminum, etc). There is no reason to inject a healthy newborn with chemicals for any reason. I had an adverse reaction to the Hep B vaccine because I was required to get the series again as an adult for nursing clinicals. Needless to say my children will not get any vaccines without lots of research to ensure its safety. I like that some women pointed out the older vaccines were safer. I read an article about the chicken pox vaccine and how it was approved without proper studies. I mean serious flaws in the scientific validity and no way to verify long-term effects. I got the chicken pox as an infant and again as a toddler followed by shingles at 4/5yrs old. When I have kids I will pray that I can find someone else with the chicken pox to infect my kids. Idk why they even need a vaccine for it since it's not a life-threatening disease. Just another way for big pharma to make another dollar. As for the covid "vaccine", I wouldn't take it except by force. They have no idea what potential effects it has on fertility, and with the history of sterilization through vaccination, I don't trust this. Greater chance of me dying from the vaccine than from catching covid.

Aurini

Ostrich
Dude, stay off the women’s forum. They have this space for a reason. Let them engage in discourse; if you have an opinion, come to try vaccine thread.
Fair enough, didn't even realize that I was on this sub forum. My apologies for the aggression Elspeth, given my new understanding of the context here, I don't think you're out of line - I was out of line.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
I don’t trust vaccines in general, but I never had kids so it hasn’t been something I’ve paid attention to. I never get the flu shot. The last time I had the flu was 1996. I don’t trust this one because of the overreaching tyrannical and hypocritical behavior of our fuhrers. It’s glaringly obvious they’re up to no good, and I say that with my mom in the hospital with it and I’m sick with it.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
I don’t trust vaccines in general, but I never had kids so it hasn’t been something I’ve paid attention to. I never get the flu shot. The last time I had the flu was 1996. I don’t trust this one because of the overreaching tyrannical and hypocritical behavior of our fuhrers. It’s glaringly obvious they’re up to no good, and I say that with my mom in the hospital with it and I’m sick with it.
Same. I can’t remember the last time I got a flu shot. It’s been years and I don’t have kids either so it’s not an issue. I work in a school, but fortunately they haven’t required vaccines for staff. I’m definitely skeptical of vaccines. Everyone I know who gets one is always sick. I just take lots of vitamins.
If I were to consider the Covid vaccine, I would first ask where it is made and by what manufacturers and then do my research. in my experience, most publicly available flu shots are made in China, so I can only imagine the Covid one will be mass produced cheaply there as well once it is widely offered. There’s no way I’m letting someone put that in my body.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Same. I can’t remember the last time I got a flu shot. It’s been years and I don’t have kids either so it’s not an issue. I work in a school, but fortunately they haven’t required vaccines for staff. I’m definitely skeptical of vaccines. Everyone I know who gets one is always sick. I just take lots of vitamins.
If I were to consider the Covid vaccine, I would first ask where it is made and by what manufacturers and then do my research. in my experience, most publicly available flu shots are made in China, so I can only imagine the Covid one will be mass produced cheaply there as well once it is widely offered. There’s no way I’m letting someone put that in my body.

Shaking my head at the vaccine coming from the same country as the virus!

TheMaleBrain

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Here is a good article to sum it up.

here’s what they won’t do:

1. The vaccines will not cure Covid
  2. The vaccines will not prevent people from contracting Covid
  3. The vaccines will not prevent Covid-related hospitalizations
  4. The vaccines will not prevent Covid-caused deaths

It’s all very technical, but the truth is plain to see: There are serious risks associated with taking the Covid-19 vaccine. Most vaccine recipients will experience only minor aches and pains but some will undoubtedly get quite ill and permanently damage their health. No one really knows for sure because there have been no long-term trials. The Covid vaccine has been fast-tracked from Day 1. So, the question is: Do the benefits outweigh the risks. And, in this case, they clearly don’t. The chances of getting violently sick or dying from Covid are very slight, (IFR is 1 in 400) while the (potential) adverse effects from the vaccine are spelled out above. Why would anyone roll the dice on a vaccine that does not prevent one from contracting Covid, does not protect one from hospitalization, and will not prevent one from dying? That’s just not a good tradeoff.

Cpsal

Pigeon
Woman
So you're asking people's opinion so that you can examine them like they're a specimen in a petrie dish? I really hate it when people do that.
That attitude is extremely common in women, especially women in college, even christian college. The superiority complex is visible 80 miles away (even when trying to mask it with "I just want to learn about people's opinions"

Cpsal

Pigeon
Woman
I'm sorry you feel that way.
Why would you be sorry I feel that way? I'm a stranger on the internet. I recommend you listen to Jesse Lee Peterson, he speaks alot of truth when it comes to dealing with your emotions. Even tho he doesn't quote too many bible verses so you might not like him too much

Cpsal

Pigeon
Woman
Fair enough, didn't even realize that I was on this sub forum. My apologies for the aggression Elspeth, given my new understanding of the context here, I don't think you're out of line - I was out of line.
Women need men to check them in a direct way. That's the order of God, the reason feminists are in control now is that men chose not to put them in their place. I dont see how you were out of line.

Elspeth

Sparrow
Woman
Why would you be sorry I feel that way? I'm a stranger on the internet. I recommend you listen to Jesse Lee Peterson, he speaks alot of truth when it comes to dealing with your emotions. Even tho he doesn't quote too many bible verses so you might not like him too much
Because you are unable to defend the faith, which means it is unlikely that you share it often, as Christ calls us to do.

Elspeth

Sparrow
Woman
While it's unlikely that you'll respond, I hope you see this. Your responses, and a few from others here, are quite encouraging to see. You are an intelligent and respectful individual. Challenging another's ideology isn't out of line -- especially in the manner that you did, and without resorting to cheap personal attacks (because you don't need to). Iron sharpens iron. However, not every Christian is made of such. And those who break under it shows. You are not one of those Christians.

To those of you who might feel this applies to you (e.g. "not every Christian is made of such [iron]"), then it probably does. This does not mean you're not a Christian, or that your faith's weak, or that you're thought less of, or that I even disrespect or dislike you (I respect those who thoughtfully engage with me and put effort into it). Absolutely not. What this is, is an indication that more preparation is needed. Because if one can't defend their faith to a fellow Christian, they may struggle to defend it at all to one who isn't.