Arthur Schopenhauer On Women

1:50 time index:
"These two passages indicate the right standpoint for the appreciation of women. You need only look at the way she is formed: Woman is not meant to undergo great labor; of the mind, or of the body."

2:45
"... they are themselves childish, frivolous and shortsighted. In a word, they are big children, all their life long."

3:45
"Accordingly, Nature has equiped woman, as She does all Her creatures..."

This video presentation was a rambling of secularist drivel, presented in flowery poetry, given against a backdrop of 'soothing' piano music to make it sound cultured and enlightened. This 'Schopenhauer' individual needs someone to deliver to him a spiritually grounded, Biblical perspective on women; perhaps enlightening himself with the account of Abigail (1 Samuel 25:1-41), Esther (entire book named after her), Jael (Judges 4:17-5:24), Rahab (Joshua 2:1-24; James 2:25), Ruth (entire book also named after her), among others.

That video; what a bunch of nonsense.
Proverbs 31:10-31

monsquid

Kingfisher
Schopenhauer was good in writing only. He grew up in a sheltered and privileged family. Coddled by his mother, he grew up to become a bitter man that withdrew from the world. It's a miracle that he was so committed to his writing, otherwise he would have amounted to nothing in life.

weezl

Chicken
"These two passages indicate the right standpoint for the appreciation of women. You need only look at the way she is formed: Woman is not meant to undergo great labor; of the mind, or of the body."

"... they are themselves childish, frivolous and shortsighted. In a word, they are big children, all their life long."

This video presentation was a rambling of secularist drivel, presented in flowery poetry, given against a backdrop of 'soothing' piano music to make it sound cultured and enlightened. This 'Schopenhauer' individual needs someone to deliver to him a spiritually grounded, Biblical perspective on women; perhaps enlightening himself with the account of Abigail (1 Samuel 25:1-41), Esther (entire book named after her), Jael (Judges 4:17-5:24), Rahab (Joshua 2:1-24; James 2:25), Ruth (entire book also named after her), among others.

Without having listened to the audio, I can just concur and applaud how accurate of a description Arthur Schopenhauer gives, fitting very accurately from my own experience/description!
Not all of them ofcourse, and not always in all situations.
Makes perfect sense, since women for t most part do grow up sheltered and coddled with everything provided, so they never need to develop a masculine psyche out of survival.

weezl

Chicken

Schopenhauer delivers a biologically grounded, red pill perspective on women.
Oh sh*t! Listened t video through now! This man is an absolute GENIUS! He structures certain things up so incredibly well and clear! Most I easily recognize, and it explains so much!

And t feminizts want to overturn t roles and have a matriarchy AHAHAHAA it will be an absolute "Fascist" nightmarish disaster!

William Faulkner

Pigeon
Orthodox
"Woman is not meant to undergo great labor; of the mind, or of the body." Trying to understand women during these dark times I have come to the conclusion that women are simply unable to be alone with their thoughts. They have to stay as busy as possible, especially if they aren't careerists or raising children. So what is it about being alone with their thoughts that scares them so much?

It's not that it scares them. It's just there's nothing there to entertain them. They have no depth. I've lost count of the times I wanted to start a serious conversation with a woman only to get obvious indicators of lack of interest in the subject.

Woman is interested in herself. Not the world around her so much. Imagine if you had to spend hours depilating, choosing lipstick colours, clothes, make-up, to women they are the main show. Like rock stars, they're terrible conversationalists.

Ryoto

Pigeon
Much of what he said is simply true.

Something I've been struggling with lately is the understanding that women never truly love anyone except their own children.
Men however can truly love others - whether that be a romantic interest, a close friend or an idea/philosophy/belief.

A man may die for his loved ones, an idea or belief out of a sense of love that goes all the way to the center of his being.
A woman will not, unless it's her children.

This unfortunately causes me much internal distress and does not fit with how I want the world to be, nevertheless it appears to be undoubtedly true.

Woman is interested in herself. Not the world around her so much. Imagine if you had to spend hours depilating, choosing lipstick colours, clothes, make-up, to women they are the main show. Like rock stars, they're terrible conversationalists.
Unfortunately the women I have met that show self awareness, and can engage in intelligent conversation, are almost always bipolar/type B personality disorder types, or otherwise fairly damaged people in some way.

Something I've been struggling with lately is the understanding that women never truly love anyone except their own children.
Men however can truly love others - whether that be a romantic interest, a close friend or an idea/philosophy/belief.

A man may die for his loved ones, an idea or belief out of a sense of love that goes all the way to the center of his being.

This unfortunately causes me much internal distress and does not fit with how I want the world to be, nevertheless it appears to be undoubtedly true.
Luckily, men can be pregnant in our day and age. On a serious note however, there must be a reason, why all great theologians, philosophers, painters, poets, composers are men. It is the love for truth, the desire to seek for truth, and to create and build, the desire to share one's heart with others. Most women sleep with men (not getting raped, but voluntary) who kill their entire village, including their husband and sons. If that does not prove a biological and ontological lack of honor, dignity and lack of love for truth, what does.

Samseau

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member

You do not see that both the Bible and Schopenhauer are true. Saying women are like children their entire lives is no insult, and it is accurate.

"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matt 18:3

It is not an insult to be childlike, even if Schopenhauer meant it that way. There is nothing more beautiful or attractive to a man that a childlike woman. That kind of woman is quite literally the fountain of life in this world, and without good woman like that, the world would be infinitely more miserable or may not even exist at all. God made woman, and females across most species, a certain way for a reason, because she is designed to bring forth God's love into existence. The childlike woman is a godly woman.

That does not mean there are no downsides to such a delicate and nurturing creature, as the world is also dangerous and unforgiving, so men are designed to fight and kill against it, to create the safety needed for women to function and bring forth life. It is obviously a mutual relationship where both the strengths of each sex are the weaknesses of each sex, and the sexes function together well.

The forces of Satan are constantly trying to interfere with this relationship in all sorts of ways, and has become particularly acute in the last 30 years, but it cannot triumph in the long run because God's will be done.

Last edited:
You do not see that both the Bible and Schopenhauer are true. Saying women are like children their entire lives is no insult, and it is accurate.

"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matt 18:3

It is not an insult to be childlike, even if Schopenhauer meant it that way. There is nothing more beautiful or attractive to a man that a childlike woman. That kind of woman is quite literally the fountain of life in this world, and without good woman like that, the world would be infinitely more miserable or may not even exist at all. God made woman, and females across most species, a certain way for a reason, because she is designed to bring forth God's love into existence. The childlike woman is a godly woman.

That does not mean there are no downsides to such a delicate and nurturing creature, as the world is also dangerous and unforgiving, so men are designed to fight and kill against it, to create the safety needed for women to function and bring forth life. It is obviously a mutual relationship where both the strengths of each sex are the weaknesses of each sex, and the sexes function together well.

The forces of Satan are constantly trying to interfere with this relationship in all sorts of ways, and has become particularly acute in the last 30 years, but it cannot triumph in the long run because God's will be done.
You left out verse 1 of Matthew 18. Which sex was "the disciples" to whom Jesus was addressing?

"nurturing creature"*
Next.

*Italics formatting added

So you're claiming that the apostle Paul was mistaken?

"But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine: That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience. The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." - Titus 2:1-5