Asian gets fired from Deloitte after threatening to stab white people

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
What is going on here? Why is this child having a tantrum?
This was from 2015. I'm copying this from Wiki, so be warned:

At Yale, in 2015, they were involved in a controversy related to the regulation of Halloween costumes. On October 29, 2015, Christakis' wife Erika Christakis, a Lecturer on Early Childhood Education at the Yale Child Study Center, wrote an e-mail to Yale undergraduates on the role of free expression in universities; she argued, from a developmental perspective, that students might wish to consider whether administrators should provide guidance on Halloween attire or whether students might wish to be allowed to "dress themselves."[59] This e-mail was in response to a long earlier e-mail sent to undergraduates by a group of 14 administrators at Yale which suggested students be careful when choosing Halloween costumes, and which provided links to recommended and non-recommended costumes.[60][61] The e-mail played a role in protests on campus that received national attention in the United States.[62] Christakis and his wife were criticized by some students for placing "the burden of confrontation, education, and maturity on the offended."[63] But other students pointed out that Erika Christakis was defending the rights to free expression of all Yale students and expressing confidence in them and in their capacity to discuss and confront such issues among themselves.[64][65] Ninety-one Yale faculty members signed a letter supporting the Christakises, and this letter noted that the Christakises themselves distinguished support for freedom of expression from supporting the content of such expression (they had noted that they would find many of the same costumes offensive as some students would).[66] Despite Christakis' belief that Yale students could discuss controversial issues (such as costumes) among themselves, and his confidence in their ability to do so, he stepped down from his role at Silliman College eight months later, at the end of the academic year, a step The Atlantic later decried (noting "When Yale’s history is written, they should be regarded as collateral damage harmed by people who abstracted away their humanity").[67]
In short this girl blew up on him because he thought students should be able to express themselves in terms of Halloween costume choices. This girl said he was creating a nasty environment on campus and insisted he step down.

He's a dye-in-the-wool-liberal who has progressive leanings, i.e. he thinks that more needs to be done to equalise equality of opportunity, but beyond that is a meritocratic social democrat. This is, of course, far-right to the university indoctrinated.

He's been on Rogan and Rubin:

Easy_C

Crow
What a piece of work.
So on this "two week internship"... Allow me to elaborate as someone who is well acquainted with elite professional services.

It is unlikely the internship was two weeks unless it was some kind of diversity summer camp.

Calling it that also diminishes the importance of said internship. At Deloitte or similar the internship both is the only real way to get into the firm and is going to get you a full time offer unless you screw up badly. I guarantee she was more or less of the mindset that because she had the internship her future was set as well and most people do think that because that is almost always the case.

If you don't get into an internship Deloitte, or McKinsey, or Goldman Sachs, etc. after your third year of college your chances of getting in are basically zero unless you somehow get lucky with a diversity program, which is how I did it, or you manage to get into a top 20 ranked MBA program which is difficult in and of itself. those who do get in early have a ticket to the rat race because a few years out of undergrad at a firm like that mean you're part of the recruiting pool for Private Equity firms, think tanks, political organizations, globohomo NGOs [the most relevant opportunity for her being in the firm's government division), and other such options. Even if you get in later by business school or a lateral/diversity hire you're still usually boned for "the path" because you're not part of that class of new undergrad elites who recruiters target.

So yes her losing the internship is an extremely big deal. However, in her case I'm willing to bet that she will be assessed as an extremely reliable useful idiot and get approached by some NGO to do work. She will be taken care of and used although most likely not ever trusted to work in any position with real influence because she's shown that she's too dumb to speak in a manner with plausible deniability and thus a potential liability if ever put in a position that results in her being near a mic.

00anon00

Speaking as a Jew who attended an Ivy not too too long ago -- just wanted to weigh in on a few things. The first is that the idea that Ivy dudes only go for blondes is just not true. Even when I attended, probably a full half of the white guys (Jewish and regular European) dating anyone were dating Asian girls. At least it seemed that way. The "Ivy" personality that you are conjuring up in your head (the type that "only" goes for blondes) does exist, but they are like 5-10% of the total male population at most. I find the whole looking up to "chad" thing a little cringe, though it is true that the average Ivy dude is more like Zuck (whether Jewish or not) than JFK. That said, on average, I have never been around a better looking group of people than the time I was in college. IQ and physical attractiveness are definitely correlated -- there is often something attractive about even objectively "strange" looking intelligent people.

When I moved into my dorm, it only slowly dawned on me over the course of the year that literally every other person was Jewish. At the time, I just chalked it up to Jewish nerdiness and aptitude for standardized tests, which is true in part. But what I am saying is that it felt like it was by happenstance, there was no sense of being in on a sort of cabal (which obviously exists insofar as Jews are overrepresented, students just weren't conscious of it at the individual level). It was especially easy to think this because everyone had tippy-top SAT scores at a minimum and graduated at the top of their classes. It's important to note that most Jewish kids don't get into top schools.

Even at the time, Jews were always liberal, but I have to say, even not too long ago, being a liberal meant something totally different than it does today. IMO, the previous tribal loyalty has been replaced by ideological loyalty. One thing I know for sure -- when the millennials pass into the great beyond, there will be no more blue check marks named -stein or -baum. The Ashkenazi Jewish existential threat is the same as that of all other European groups, possibly even worse. Jewish kids are drinking the same cultural poison, to an even greater extent possibly. Every Jewish great-grandparent, even/especially the most ethnocentric, would be horrified.

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
The "Ivy" personality that you are conjuring up in your head (the type that "only" goes for blondes) does exist, but they are like 5-10% of the total male population at most.
That corresponds with the number of women with blonde hair. The ones with the Asians are the ones not selected by the blondes. For any uni nerd going yellow is the easiest option. BETA!

balybary

Pelican
I don't know much about Deloitte, but this company has fully embraced the clown World from what I have read.

This company is supposed to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and other services. But before the TikTok incident they have told the crazy Asian that they are enthusiast with her "political activism". :poo:

The fact that she was fired via a Zoom call is a nice clown World touch. :poo:

Janover told Insider that the company had pulled her offer for a summer internship and full-time contract after discussing the incident on a Zoom call.

The decision disappointed her, she said, because the company had previously expressed enthusiasm for her political activism.

"During the hiring process, Deloitte continually pushed this message of 'We want to support you. We want to include you. We want diversity.' And they were excited about the fact that I had been involved in politics and campaigns," she said.

When reached for comment, a spokesperson for Deloitte said that the university student had not been an employee and was "formerly scheduled for a two-week internship" during the summer.

"Deloitte unequivocally stands against the legacy of systemic bias, racism, and unequal treatment that continues to plague our communities," the company said in a statement. "We encourage and support our colleagues to speak out on these issues of critical importance to society, but our policies strictly prohibit invoking or threatening violence."

The heated online discourse has continued following Janover's firing

TikTokker Caleb King, who has over 700,000 followers on the app, posted in support of Janover — and challenging Deloitte to rescind his job offer as well.

"I am starting at @DeloitteUS in September as a Business Analyst in the same sector that @clurajan was supposed to start at," he wrote in a tweet. "If getting fired for advocating for Black Lives Matter is a fireable offense, then #firemetoo."

"Claira's firing was worrisome to say the least," King told Insider. "I found it extremely hypocritical that she was fired for a simple analogy explaining the holes in the 'All Lives Matter' argument."

King added that Deloitte's decision led him to wonder about the company's ethics and operations.

"What does Deloitte truly stand for? Was I mislead in the hiring process? Are Black employees also being silenced and will I be if I come in the fall?" he said.

King says he has not been in contact with the company since his tweet.

#Deloitte began trending on Twitter as Janover's supporters and critics voiced their opinions on the decision.

Janover's friends have since started a GoFundMe, writing that Janover was a "great financial and physical risk" following the loss of her job and her run-in with "right-wing trolls."

As of Thursday afternoon, the fundraiser had met its $4,000 goal.

Janover told Insider that she plans to donate the money to bail funds for protestors and causes furthering the Black Lives Matter movement. Despite the threats and inundation of messages, Janover says she's encouraged by the support she's received.

"I'm pretty overwhelmed. I've never dealt with anything of this caliber," she said. " I think I've been so moved by the fact that people really came to my aid and supported me."

Easy_C

Crow
All of the big 4 have sent internal communications encouraging their employees to atttend protests. They’re extremely woke

Salocin

Sparrow
"I found it extremely hypocritical that she was fired for a simple analogy explaining the holes in the 'All Lives Matter' argument."
I just had to rewatch the clip to make sure I wasn't being unfair to the young lady.

Nope, she deserved losing her internship. She is a troubled individual. Whether her threat to stab someone to death was serious or not, I get the distinct impression she wants to, or at least would have no problem with someone else doing the same.

SlickyBoy

Ostrich
So on this "two week internship"... Allow me to elaborate as someone who is well acquainted with elite professional services.

It is unlikely the internship was two weeks unless it was some kind of diversity summer camp.

Calling it that also diminishes the importance of said internship. At Deloitte or similar the internship both is the only real way to get into the firm and is going to get you a full time offer unless you screw up badly. I guarantee she was more or less of the mindset that because she had the internship her future was set as well and most people do think that because that is almost always the case.

If you don't get into an internship Deloitte, or McKinsey, or Goldman Sachs, etc. after your third year of college your chances of getting in are basically zero unless you somehow get lucky with a diversity program, which is how I did it, or you manage to get into a top 20 ranked MBA program which is difficult in and of itself. those who do get in early have a ticket to the rat race because a few years out of undergrad at a firm like that mean you're part of the recruiting pool for Private Equity firms, think tanks, political organizations, globohomo NGOs [the most relevant opportunity for her being in the firm's government division), and other such options. Even if you get in later by business school or a lateral/diversity hire you're still usually boned for "the path" because you're not part of that class of new undergrad elites who recruiters target.

So yes her losing the internship is an extremely big deal. However, in her case I'm willing to bet that she will be assessed as an extremely reliable useful idiot and get approached by some NGO to do work. She will be taken care of and used although most likely not ever trusted to work in any position with real influence because she's shown that she's too dumb to speak in a manner with plausible deniability and thus a potential liability if ever put in a position that results in her being near a mic.
All of the big 4 have sent internal communications encouraging their employees to atttend protests. They’re extremely woke

Deloitte is famous for having even more corporate Kool Aid than most, but if she worked or was about to work anywhere near their federal practice, they may have a bit more to say about attending protests. At the very least they expect a junior consultant to be able to realize when she might embarrass herself or the company.

Agree, she's not going to be put on the path at any consultancy now that they all know she's unhinged. So yeah, she'll either wind up at some middling, non-public facing role in an NGO or a think tank in DC. But if she really dreamed about "making it" on the career track to Principal and beyond, she blew it. Boo hoo.

Salocin

Sparrow
To be fair she said comparing black problems with white is like comparing a stabbing to a paper cut. That said, this isn't a cocktail party, this is an existential fight to the death. People like her want me broke, dead, my children raped and they think it's funny.
She said the next person to say all lives matter she is going to stab, and while they are bleeding out she is going to mock them by saying her paper cut matters too.

That's a specific threat of extreme violence for someone saying something she doesn't like. She came across as cold and callous, and dare I say psychopathic.

Salocin

Sparrow
I stand corrected. I hope her youthful misadventure dogs her through life.
I'd be happy if she was simply humbled by this experience, realized and admitted what she said was inappropriate, and apologized for making threats against people's lives.

Instead we see her crying about how mistreated she is by "Trump supporters" and the company who rightfully ended their relationship with her.

I might be autistic but it seems plausible that she's telling the truth.

With the narrative that "black lives matter" the so-called idea is that blacks are oppressed or w/e(systemic racism/police brutality). While other races, more or less, are not. The "lives matter" probably refers to the idea that people believe, wrongly that blacks die from police brutality, while being innocent(or perhaps that their guilt shouldn't matter).

If someone says "all lives matter", then supposedly since other races do not suffer systemic racism/police brutality to anywhere near the same extent, her analogy of comparing a stab wound to a paper cut holds. It sounds more like an analogy than a threat of violence to me. Obviously we will never know for sure if her claim that she's going to stab people was "just a joke" but it seems like a "thought experiment" ala Roosh's rape should be legal on private property.

Just sounds like she delivered it poorly.

kel

Pelican
There's no doubt that that's what she's doing. But, if you were to change the racial dynamics of that at all (or make it a male thing, or a hetero thing, etc) it would be called a violent threat. Hell, saying something far more pedestrian than that would be called a violent threat if it diverged from the approved narrative.

Blah blah blah, the left is hypocrisy incarnate, not saying anything we haven't heard before.