Attack on Nord Stream 1 and 2 gas pipelines

WaywardMan

Sparrow
Oriental Orthodox
Most of the normies I talk to have no idea this has happened, much less the implications of it.

All the media is centered on the hurricane. The timing can't be just cohencidence.

This pipeline attack will be completely memory-holed if Russia retaliates since it 'never happened'.
I noticed this too. People I talk with who are usually on the news beat have no idea this event even occurred. The drip-feed stops at what should be real news and focuses instead on the (obviously bad) hurricane, seemingly for the sake of more climate change propaganda.

Certainly leads one to wonder what the bigger plan is here, because of course it's obvious who the aggressor in this scenario is. Agree with your memory-hole sentiment as well: it's an easy back-pocket way to continue the "muh Putin bad man" melody when retaliation occurs (if it even does).

It's all so tiring.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

"No Evidence" US Involved In Nord Stream Pipeline Attack Because Pentagon Says So​

Fox News reporter Jennifer Griffin has confirmed that the U.S. was not responsible for the Nord Stream 2 pipeline explosion, because the Pentagon told her so.

Yes, really.

Despite accusations flying that the United States could have been involved in the blasts that have reportedly could scupper the pipelines permanently, and without any investigation having taken place, Griffin’s crack journalism has solved the case.

“There is no evidence or indication the US was involved in any way with the Nordstream 2 pipeline explosions,” Griffin tweeted.

“My question at the Pentagon briefing today: Can you rule out that the U.S. was involved? Senior Military Official: ‘Yeah, we were absolutely not involved.’ ”

Well, that’s that then, case closed.

As Chris Menahan notes, the Fox News reporter has been guilty of brazenly amplifying false regime propaganda before.

“Earlier this year, Griffin put out the debunked hoax story that Russia bombed the Babi Yair holocaust memorial in Ukraine.”

The reporting was later debunked after an Israeli journalist visited the site and found it to be completely unscathed.

Griffin also recycled the lie that Russia was using “mobile crematoriums” to “evaporate” war dead, when the supposed video proving it was taken from a 2013 YouTube video.

“When news came out about US biolabs in Ukraine, Griffin also simply repeated Pentagon talking points to dismiss the story as a nothingburger,” writes Menahan.

When Griffin was recently rewarded with a new multiyear contract, she stated that it “has been an honor to provide viewers with trusted reporting from the Pentagon and across the world on issues that are paramount to all of us – the security and safety of our fellow citizens and allies.”

“Trusted reporting.”

Samseau

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
I believe this event will go down as a mistake for the GAE, there will be too many moving parts in an already fragile system. Market crashes, disintegrating alliances, and potential rebellions from the EU are likely as the years roll on and Europe continues to freeze, starve, or face extreme impoverishment. I don't believe the USA can prop up both continents successfully without crippling trade-offs somewhere else.

Provided we survive WW3, and no nuclear Armageddon results, I see a light at the end of the tunnel where the GAE is fully neutered and bankrupt within 20 years from now. Blowing up the pipelines and sacrificing Europe is an act of desperation, and will prove to be a catalyst for GAE's destruction.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Via Vox Day, "Unequivocal Motive"
The US State Department publicly threatened to destroy Nord Stream 2 back in January 2022, before the Russian invasion of Ukraine even began.

State Dept vows Nord Stream 2 will be a ‘hunk of metal at bottom of the ocean’ if Russia invades Ukraine

The State Department on Thursday unequivocally warned that if Russia invades Ukraine the Nord Stream 2 pipeline will sit unused at the bottom of the ocean.

By Caitlin McFall

Updated Jan. 27, 2022 08:24 PM

The State Department on Thursday unequivocally warned that if Russia invades Ukraine the Nord Stream 2 pipeline will sit unused at the bottom of the ocean.

The controversial pipeline has become the U.S. and NATO’s biggest bargaining chip in its attempts to preserve Kyiv’s sovereignty.

But reporters questioned the diplomatic agency on whether Germany, which would profit from the functioning pipeline, is on the same page when it comes to countering a Russian incursion.

“We continue to have strong, clear communication with our German allies,” Under Secretary for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland said. “If Russia invades Ukraine, one way or another, Nord Stream 2 will not move forward.”

Her comments echoed those made by Secretary of State Antony Blinken earlier this week, but reporters pushed back on the ability to enforce this threat given the pipeline’s physical completion.

It’s 100-percent certain that the pipelines were destroyed on the orders of the US government, and most likely, by US military forces. And this unprecedented action unequivocally provides a legitimate basis for a declaration of war on the United States by Russia and by Germany.

And just to add to the gravity of the situation, Germany is on the hook to pay for the gas whether it receives it or not.

Germany is contractually obligated to purchase at least 40 billion cubic meters of Russian gas a year until 2030. Just say no? They can’t: Gazprom is legally entitled to get paid even without shipping gas. That’s the spirit of a long-term contract. And it’s already happening: because of sanctions, Berlin does not get all the gas it needs but still needs to pay.

Edit.

Via TASS (Russian News Agency), "Russian diplomat warns Biden over pipeline incidents"
MOSCOW, September 28. /TASS/. US President Joe Biden should issue a reply as to whether the United States had carried out its threat over the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Wednesday.

"US President Joe Biden must answer the question of whether the United States carried out its threat on September 25 and 26 when an emergency was reported at three lines of Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2, which has been preliminarily recognized as ruptures, whereas he suggested those were blown up," the Russian diplomat said on her Telegram channel. On it, she posted a video in which the US leader delivers the speech in question.

"His statement of intent was backed up with a promise. One must be responsible for one’s words. Failure to understand what one says does not absolve anyone of responsibility. Europe must know the truth!" Zakharova emphasized.

On Tuesday, Nord Stream AG reported about "unprecedented damage" on Monday that affected three lines of the Nord Stream 1 and 2 gas pipelines registered within several hours. The first was identified along Nord Stream 2 near the Danish island of Bornholm, and two leaks were discovered afterwards. Denmark’s Energy Agency said a large amount of natural gas had streamed out. Aircraft and vessels were advised to stay at least five miles away from the site of the incident.

Later, Swedish seismologists said two explosions had been recorded along the routes of both pipelines on Monday. President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen slammed the incidents as sabotage and warned that "any deliberate disruption is unacceptable [and] will lead to the strongest possible response."

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member

I don't really trust what Skousen presents. But always interesting to hear him. His main thesis is that the US is being weakened to induce an attack on it from China. There are only two things that make sense to me - that, or we really have completely mental patients in charge of an increasingly bioleninist state, ultimately owned by Israel.

3 min into this, and this guy is asserting that "Russia faked its own demise" in the 1990s, which is an incredibly dumb thing to say, it's like saying Germany faked its own demise through WW2. Not worth more of my time...

SpyofMoses

Robin
Protestant
Most of the normies I talk to have no idea this has happened, much less the implications of it.

All the media is centered on the hurricane. The timing can't be just cohencidence.
I noticed this, too. Mentioned it to a coworker just yesterday as the news in the break room showed us hurricane footage. But foreign media has certainly noticed:

外媒:“北溪”管道发现第四处泄漏点谁动了“北溪”?

Foreign media: Who moved the "Northstream" pipeline at the fourth leak point?

This guy's response: "probably the CIA"
Haha

Screenshot_20220929-083717_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

A lot of countries might be about to rethink their relationship with the USA.

WaywardMan

Sparrow
Oriental Orthodox
I believe this event will go down as a mistake for the GAE, there will be too many moving parts in an already fragile system. Market crashes, disintegrating alliances, and potential rebellions from the EU are likely as the years roll on and Europe continues to freeze, starve, or face extreme impoverishment. I don't believe the USA can prop up both continents successfully without crippling trade-offs somewhere else.

Provided we survive WW3, and no nuclear Armageddon results, I see a light at the end of the tunnel where the GAE is fully neutered and bankrupt within 20 years from now. Blowing up the pipelines and sacrificing Europe is an act of desperation, and will prove to be a catalyst for GAE's destruction.
Dude, just print more money! Why worry about a disintegrating economy or moral destitution or warfare or even a crashing market, when you can easily manufacture some more $$$$$ at-will to fix it all without consequence?!

Indebted to another country but can't find a way to pay them back? Print money.
Got angry citizenry with daily-loosening moral boundaries and eroding standards of living? Print money.
Disturbing allies abroad with selfish and shortsighted terrorism? Print *clap* Money *clap*
Eastern leader do bad thing? Just do it bro, print the money.
Need to inject some more opiates (metaphorical and literal) into local citizens to keep them lackadaisical, stupid, spiritually void, and complacent? PRINT MONEY OR DIE, PIG.

America, baby! **fireworks** **screeching eagle sounds** **electric guitar riff**

(Disclaimer: I may have a few grievances with the American government.)

WaywardMan

Sparrow
Oriental Orthodox
A lot of countries might be about to rethink their relationship with the USA.
Many people talk about how the Russian mindset is to self-destruct when cornered, and to take the enemy with them.
The American mindset is to shoot the enemy in the back as they move to the corner and ask "what gun?!" about it.

I'd love to agree with your statement.
But per the above lines--and perhaps I'm too cynical--but Uncle Sam will not let this happen, or else.

SpyofMoses

Robin
Protestant
I'd love to agree with your statement.
But per the above lines--and perhaps I'm too cynical--but Uncle Sam will not let this happen, or else.
I suspect that may be the US gov't plan moving forward as well. Good luck summoning the manpower necessary without sparking serious internal unrest, America. There are plenty of normies who still don't get it, but America has a more palpable discontent amongst it's citizens every day.

rainy

Pelican
Other Christian
It would be interesting if despite the rhetoric for years from the war mongers, that Putin wants to re-create the Soviet Union, that instead a result of a future fractured and broken EU is Central and Eastern Euro states joining a new Soviet type Union, which is now joined with China and India.

This act of war on the pipeline directly impacts the economic viability of Germany and the more powerful EU member states. Reduced economic viability reduces the attraction of the poorer EU nations to be a part of it. Never mind the attack on the pipeline is also essentially one member NATO state attacking others. So militarily there is also a reduction in incentive to a part of NATO as well as the EU.

Perhaps that's what WW3 would be. Not this current fiasco which might just see nations crumble in on themselves but rather, a new significant Eastern alliance created with a modern and more powerful Russia/China/India Union, with parts of the Eastern Bloc joining it.

Those would be some strong battle lines.

Also could be why Russia remains somewhat calm and patient here. The long game suggests they just have to observe the West implode.

Johnnyvee

Ostrich
Other Christian
This story from 2015 is quite telling;

"....An unmanned military underwater vehicle rigged with explosives was spotted on the seabed in the vicinity of the Nord Stream gas pipeline in the Baltics on Friday, (2015 again) Swedish media report...The national identity of the drone has not been verified so far, as many countries use UUVs of a similar construction...

...The Swedish military precludes the possibility of sabotage against the pipeline...the vehicle has the capacity to damage the pipeline, which in turn could cause a gas leak, but that the wire needed to trigger the charge and to control the vehicle has been cut off rendering the vehicle fairly harmless..."

https://www.rt.com/news/321163-drone-explosives-nord-stream/

What if there were already explosives in place at the pipeline, planted there at some point well prior to the current events? At least this proves that there where people training for and considering this option many years ago!