Audiobook Recommendation for Commute

DRIIIVER

Chicken
Orthodox Inquirer
Recently I finished “Rock and Sand” by Fr. Josiah Trenham, which was an excellent book for myself and any other repenting Protestants by the way, and am seeking a historical audiobook on the early Church, especially during the Roman Empire. Based on @MichaelWitcoff ’s recommendation I have my eyes on “City of God” by St. Augustine, which seems perfect.

Would this be a wise book to transition to? If not, any other recommendations? God has humbled me twice in the past year by allowing me to cling to heretical teachings, which I choked on because I have a tendency to go all in, so I’m not trying to go too hard too fast. I am in a humble place and just want to learn about the Church.

DRIIIVER

Chicken
Orthodox Inquirer
I can't speak to City of God (as I haven't read it or listened to it).

However, I really enjoyed Fr. Josiah Trenham's Orthodox Catechism lecture series on Patristic Nectar. It was money very well spent and I listen to it when driving to Church.

I believe Roosh recommended it very highly in another thread too.
Thank you for the mention. I will keep that in mind. I haven’t asked about catechism yet at the Church I’m attending. The Priest only asked that I come to services every Sunday for now so I don’t know if Fr. Trenham’s will somehow create a conflict with what my Priest thinks I need.

MichaelWitcoff

Ostrich
Orthodox
Recently I finished “Rock and Sand” by Fr. Josiah Trenham, which was an excellent book for myself and any other repenting Protestants by the way, and am seeking a historical audiobook on the early Church, especially during the Roman Empire. Based on @MichaelWitcoff ’s recommendation I have my eyes on “City of God” by St. Augustine, which seems perfect.

Would this be a wise book to transition to? If not, any other recommendations? God has humbled me twice in the past year by allowing me to cling to heretical teachings, which I choked on because I have a tendency to go all in, so I’m not trying to go too hard too fast. I am in a humble place and just want to learn about the Church.

I’d read or listen to (if available) Fr. Seraphim Rose’s book “The Place of Blessed Augustine in the Orthodox Church” before reading too much of St. Augustine, just to keep it all in context.