Australian government has gone tyrannical

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member
Or the sheeple will claim that Covid - rather than the jab - is what caused him to faint. Covid is now the catch-all explanation for everything bad that happens to anyone, even the triple-jabbed.

Na man!
That's just how harsh "the jungle" can be!

That an otherwise fit man can't handle five days without his soy lattes & foot massages, man!

It's hell out there on the reality TV game show circuit don't ya' know!

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member
Otherwise.
Once again.
Thank God for the pending federal election...

Scott Morrison says Australia will ‘push through’ and not lockdown​

Australia will “push through” the Omicron peak rather than lock down again, Prime Minister Scott Morrison has confirmed.
Cases have surged across the country, with more than half a million active cases in Australia at the moment.

Some, including the federal opposition, have accused the government of entering a “let it rip” stage of the pandemic.
“We will have a similar experience (to South Africa). You push through, you don’t lock down,” he said.

Of course; once the election is over.
Then it's a whole different ball game.

Last edited:

grenade001

Woodpecker
Catholic
Yes you may recall at last year’s Australian Open final all the Serbs hilariously booing the mention of the jab after the match.

However, I’m not so sure about the Greeks/Italians you’ve mentioned. They’re rusted on ‘Aussies’ now so they absolutely tow the mainstream line. Plus most have done materially well since they came in the 1950s and 60s and don’t want to do anything to jeopardise that wealth, like not taking the jab. Being familiar with that demographic, I’ve seen negligible dissension of thought against the mainstream narrative.

The newer the migrant though, the less they have to lose, thus the less they’ll gobble up the narrative.
The median age of Greek and Italian migrants is 72-73 years of age. The youngest folk that comprised the great postwar migration to Australia would be in their early 60s. Meaning most of them are either retired already or very close to. This is the prime age group who would arguably have legitimate health concerns regarding any major disease outbreak.

I do agree with your observation regarding the lack of questioning the narrative from Greeks and Italians. Having Anglo-Italian ancestry, I can say anecdotally first hand that it is mainly members of the Anglo side of the family who are questioning the narrative in the slightest.

Most of my friends with Southern European ancestry, who question the narrative have an Anglo-Celtic parent.

The Serbian and Croatian communities came in mainly two waves, the main post WWII wave and a smaller wave in the early 90s. They are also more likely to be employed in blue collar industries. With all due respect, they are somewhat well-versed in finding workarounds, and don't take too kindly to dictates. Plus they are probably the most nationalistic of European migrant groups.

Last edited:

presidentcarter

Ostrich
Protestant
Gold Member
World number one Novak Djokovic won a stunning victory Monday over the Australian government, overturning the cancellation of his visa on Covid-19 health grounds, and ending his detention.

It was an extraordinary setback for the government, which has imposed strict restrictions on its borders for the past two years to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

In an emergency online court hearing, the judge ordered that the decision to cancel Djokovic's visa "be quashed".

The judge ordered that the unvaccinated tennis superstar "be released immediately and forthwith from immigration detention".

"Such release must occur no later than 30 minutes after the making of this order," he added.

Australian taxpayers will be asked to pay costs for Djokovic's high-powered legal team.

Going strong

Crow
Trad Catholic
Gold Member
I heard Djokovic had visa reinstated and then was just recently arrested again? I think Australia is intentionally playing around here to make it known just how arbitrary and tyrannical it is.

Edit link:

It seems to be true : https://thepavlovictoday.com/breaki...her-srdjan-djokovic-tells-the-pavlovic-today/

Djokovic has won the legal battle over his visa cancellation, but apparently will nevertheless be forcefully removed from Australia!
The Covidians accept no resistance, and stop at nothing to try and break the will of those who fight back.

By the way, for a change I have to say, much respect for Nick Kyrgios, who's been defending Djokovic's human rights on Twitter in spite of past disagreements with the Serb.

Edit : supporters of Djokovic are surrounding the building of his lawyers, while reportedly the police has entered the building, intent on re-arresting our Orthodox brother! The shameful hunt is still on!

Last edited:

Laus Deo

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I heard Djokovic had visa reinstated and then was just recently arrested again? I think Australia is intentionally playing around here to make it known just how arbitrary and tyrannical it is.

Edit link:
See this thread’s title. We weren’t kidding.

If he’s going to be turfed out, I hope he gets photographed handcuffed. The shocking optics of it will wake people up worldwide.

Geo Martin

Woodpecker
Catholic

Edit link:
The system spins it both ways. On the one hand it gives us on this side of the fence someone to cheer for and more reasons for outrage, to the masses they give another villain to hate and as a 'suggestion' of what happens if you don't comply.