Australian government has gone tyrannical

kurtybro

Woodpecker
The funny thing, if you goto any reddit city thread, they are full on cheering lockdowns and calling non-mask wearers murderers. Yet, these same subs will often dismiss crime concerns and even mock victims for being naive to the tradeoffs of living in a big city. So being raped, mugged, or pushed in front of a subway train are merely acceptable risks to these liberals, but a 0.27 death rate from a flu, or a couple bad apple cops, means we need to tear apart or lockdown our entire system.

It always comes back to authoritarianism with these types, they love following orders given from above and ordering those they perceive below them. All done from the moral high-ground with a clear conscience

aynrus

Kingfisher
I'm not getting 0.27 death rate on this flu (case fatality rate)....all estimates, from different countries, including my own calculations on raw data point to about 0.14 as the most generous number (most likely lower). This number being near-identical to seasonal flu average death rate pre-2020 makes me wonder if it's just the same old flu deaths written up as con-vid (especially since 98% of flu had officially disappeared)

In the sense that tackling minor problems before major ones is a clear indicator of a government that has it's head squarely on it's shoulders. I know if I was in charge, I'd subject the public to an vaccine which doesn't undergo the normal safety trials, of which the manufacturers have no liability, to stop 0.27 of the average yearly deaths.

Are we clear?
Hm, you must be trolling. Proceed

HighTower

Robin
The media situation is just based on something new that can be sensationalized. Say "suicide" was just invented today and no person had ever heard of the idea of killing ones' self. One day, you just wake up and do not want to live anymore and in some cases is completely incurable.

Breaking News: "A certain percentage will take their own lives despite medical and psychological intervention" would whip the masses into a scare frenzy. The media would strum the new cause of death as new but the same old death is actually occurring. The media continues to twist and spoon-feed us information, fake or real, that can trigger our instinctual fear. The same fear that kept us up at night worrying about lions eating us and the worry that enabled our survival for tens of thousands of years.

Our instincts are being used against us and is very effective means of control.

Last edited:
The funny thing, if you goto any reddit city thread, they are full on cheering lockdowns and calling non-mask wearers murderers. Yet, these same subs will often dismiss crime concerns and even mock victims for being naive to the tradeoffs of living in a big city. So being raped, mugged, or pushed in front of a subway train are merely acceptable risks to these liberals, but a 0.27 death rate from a flu, or a couple bad apple cops, means we need to tear apart or lockdown our entire system.

Most of the regular posters on Reddit have a number of cocurrent mental illnesses [not to disparage those who are in a rough patch]. There is a weekly thread for psychologist recommendations. You couldn't genuinely see a lot of them in stable employment. Half of their mental aliments are most likely caused by their idleness.

I have a good laugh when I read the Reddit for my city and there are still people "self-isolating", and taking a Covid test, even though there hasn't been community transmission for over two months. People are out and about more now than ever.

Most of the regular posters on Reddit have a number of cocurrent mental illnesses [not to disparage those who are in a rough patch]. There is a weekly thread for psychologist recommendations. You couldn't genuinely see a lot of them in stable employment. Half of their mental aliments are most likely caused by their idleness.

I have a good laugh when I read the Reddit for my city and there are still people "self-isolating", and taking a Covid test, even though there hasn't been community transmission for over two months. People are out and about more now than ever.
Before 2020, there wasn't this massive power grab by mods to censor any and all contrarian thought. It was of course always heavily leftist, but not only could you at least find contrarian viewpoints, many would often be highly upvoted. There was still plenty of sensible people on the platform with interesting viewpoints and knowledge to share. Now, all mainstream subs are essentially just propaganda machines completely devoid of ANY critical thought. The Joe Rogan sub used to be a decent place to further discussion on his guests, but now it has literally been taken over by leftists posing as disillusioned fans. My city sub is now nothing but a bunch of virtue signaling, pro-virus sheep, complaining about white males not wearing a mask in some rural gas station 3 hours away. I'm just curious where all the non-leftists went, Parler?

Last edited:
Before 2020, there wasn't this massive power grab by mods to censor any and all contrarian thought. It was of course always heavily leftist, but not only could you at least find contrarian viewpoints, many would often be highly upvoted. There was still plenty of sensible people on the platform with interesting viewpoints and knowledge to share. Now, all mainstream subs are essentially just propaganda machines completely devoid of ANY critical thought. The Joe Rogan sub used to be a decent place to further discussion on his guests, but now it has literally been taken over by leftists posing as disillusioned fans. My city sub is now nothing but a bunch of virtue signaling, pro-virus sheep, complaining about white males not wearing a mask in some rural gas station 3 hours away. I'm just curious where all the non-leftists went, Parler?
I am also curious where all the non-leftists have gone. If they are anything like myself, they have either gone to this board, another more special interest forum, or just unplugged from a lot of the boards.

It could also be because conservative people have more essential jobs and can't potter about at all hours on Reddit.

I noticed the lockdowns have hit most industries that would employ the Reddit crowd. Now they have the Government Benefits on tap, they can devote more time to Reddit.

I am also curious where all the non-leftists have gone. If they are anything like myself, they have either gone to this board, another more special interest forum, or just unplugged from a lot of the boards.

It could also be because conservative people have more essential jobs and can't potter about at all hours on Reddit.

I noticed the lockdowns have hit most industries that would employ the Reddit crowd. Now they have the Government Benefits on tap, they can devote more time to Reddit.
I was talking to a friend the other day, and asked him if he knew anybody else that was outwardly pissed about this stuff, and he said "no". I assumed many that supported or were indifferent to the lockdowns weren't taking the more ridiculous edicts seriously, but was somewhat surprised to hear co-workers talking about their "virtual" Thanksgivings. I'd like to think otherwise, but maybe society really has just become a bunch of pussified sheep that would rather follow non-sensical edicts from government than think on their own or go against the grain.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
So wait...

According to the Australian government themselves, they had 1255 people dying from the regular flu in 2017:

And so far 907 have died from corona there?

So why didn't they shut everything down in 2017?

When I put that circumstance to one NPC Clown on Twitter, all he could do was spout typical Fake News nonsense.
Unable to think for himself.

When I pried further. What is the exact metric that warrants a 'pandemic' & 'quarantine'.
Especially in light of the comparable figures to previous Aus. "flu seasons".
He could not answer. Cause the Fake News never told him what that metric is.

Never mind, that 'they' don't really care for the exact metric.
As HighTower mentioned above. The Plandemic wasn't in play, wasn't ready yet for the flu seasons of the past.

Now the Plandemic & The Great Reset are ready...

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
The media situation is just based on something new that can be sensationalized. Say "suicide" was just invented today and no person had ever heard of the idea of killing ones' self. One day, you just wake up and do not want to live anymore and in some cases is completely incurable.

Breaking News: "A certain percentage will take their own lives despite medical and psychological intervention" would whip the masses into a scare frenzy. The media would strum the new cause of death as new but the same old death is actually occurring. The media continues to twist and spoon-feed us information, fake or real, that can trigger our instinctual fear. The same fear that kept us up at night worrying about lions eating us and the worry that enabled our survival for tens of thousands of years.

Our instincts are being used against us and is very effective means of control.
Doug Stanhope: Voice of America - FEAR IN THE U.S. NEWS MEDIA

I'm Doug Stanhope; & that's why I drink.

The news is just a constant battering ram of fear mongering.
Juvenile heart attacks! Is your child at risk?
Terrorists are coming to blow up your Ford Focus in particular!

Lovinglife

Woodpecker
I've had a bit of a break from the news and Covid-19 bullshit. I'm not sure if someone has posted this article where there is no way I'm getting the jab if they make it mandatory in order to fly.

Aviation and travel industry leaders say mandatory COVID-19 immunisation and "vaccination passports" will be the key to Australia reopening its borders to most of the world for quarantine-free travel.

The recent success of three potential COVID-19 vaccines has raised hopes of resuming international travel, with Qantas boss Alan Joyce saying this week his airline would make proof of vaccination a requirement for all passengers flying to or from Australia.

Aviation and travel industry leaders say that mandatory vaccination will be the key to Australia reopening its international borders.

Aviation and travel industry leaders say that mandatory vaccination will be the key to Australia reopening its international borders.

The recent success of three potential COVID-19 vaccines has raised hopes of resuming international travel, with Qantas boss Alan Joyce saying this week his airlinewould make proof of vaccination a requirement for all passengers flying to or from Australia.

The global airline industry is pushing for a restart based on rigorous COVID-19 testing of all passengers before and after their journey, but industry leaders say that is not practical in Australia given the virus has been so effectively suppressed here.
Graham Turner, the founder and CEO of the country's largest travel booking group Flight Centre, said he expected vaccination to be compulsory for anyone travelling in or out of Australia by the middle of 2021.

That would "open the floodgates" for quarantine-free travel in the second half of next year, even to destinations in North America and Europe where COVID-19 infection rates remain out of control, he said.

Qantas CEO Alan Joyce said proof of vaccination would be a proof of vaccinations could be a common theme across the aviation industry.

Coronavirus pandemic

Qantas looks at smartphone app for COVID-19 'vaccine passport'

"The coronavirus is going to be around for the next few years at least and if there are effective vaccines... the obvious way to make sure that travellers don’t spread it a lot and don’t have to quarantine would be to have a vaccination requirement," Mr Turner said.
While Qantas leads the groundwork in preparing the travelling public for compulsory immunisation, Mr Turner said he believed most governments would mandate vaccines in order to open their borders.
The Morrison government has not said whether it will mandate vaccination for international travel, but its COVID-19 vaccination policy released earlier this month says it "may introduce border entry or re-entry requirements that are conditional on proof of vaccination".

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews on Wednesday threw his support behind a "vaccination passport" to replace mandatory quarantine for both international and domestic travel.
"This is how we’ll travel around the country freely, this is how we’re going to travel around the world and it’s the basis on which we’ll invite people here," Mr Andrews told radio station Triple M. "There won’t be hotel quarantine once we get a vaccine. It’ll be 'if you’re not vaccinated you’re not coming'."
The International Air Transport Association's director general Alexandre de Juniac meanwhile said Qantas' vaccination stance was a "bit premature", with the global airline industry group pushing for borders to reopen now with systematic testing of all passengers instead.
There won’t be hotel quarantine once we get a vaccine. It’ll be 'if you’re not vaccinated you’re not coming'.
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews
Brisbane Airport CEO Gert-Jan de Graaff said that while in regions such as North America and Europe testing might weed out enough positive cases that allowing international visitors wouldn't increase the risk of the virus spreading any further, that does not apply to Australia given our very low case numbers.

"I don’t think we're in a situation at this time that the Australian government would allow travel purely based on pre- and post-flight testing," Mr de Graaff said. "It will always be in combination with quarantine. The panacea will be the development of a vaccine and the distribution of it."
The panacea will be the development of a vaccine and the distribution of it.
Brisbane Airport CEO Gert-Jan de Graaff
Melbourne Airport CEO Lyell Strambi agreed that 14 days quarantine - which most travellers will not endure - or proof of vaccination were the only way Australia could allow people into the country without risking the gains it had made suppressing the virus.
"We’re a victim here in Australia of our own success: we’ve been incredibly good at stopping the spread within the country, but it makes it very hard to open the borders to countries where the spread is rife," Mr Strambi said.
"The answer does appear to be a vaccine: it might be one of the costs of that ability to travel freely internationally and to keep our nation safe."

Testing as 'plan B'?​

However Sydney Airport CEO Geoff Culbert said a testing base process should not be ruled out, and should be developed as a "plan B" to vaccination.
"There has been great progress on the accuracy and speed of testing technology that can reduce or remove the requirement for hotel quarantine," Mr Culbert said.
The United Kingdom announced overnight that it will cut its quarantine requirements from 14 days to five days once someone who has arrived in the country has returned a negative COVID-19 test.
Flight Centre’s Mr Turner said an advanced testing regime would be an option for opening up to low-risk countries that also had COVID-19 under control such as New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and some Asian countries.

He said he expected that to happen in the first half of 2021, but that Australia won’t open to the rest of the world until the end of next year.
Brisbane Airport's Mr Graaff was more cautious, saying he did not expect travel to open up to any countries other than New Zealand and the Pacific Islands before mid-2021.
"A real return to international travel will probably only happen in 2022 and later," he said.

My new plan is to piss off overseas before they make it mandatory mid-year 2021 and not come back until "no jab, no fly" rule has gone if ever. You can fly at the moment if you say a family member is sick hence my cousin has volunteered for me. Thailand has a new 9 month visa before leaving the country hence I'm planning to head there and fly to a country without a 14 days hotel quarantine and maybe back to Thailand.

fokker

Pelican
Shane Patton, the Chief Commissioner of Victoria Police, apparently allowed the NLM demo in Melbourne in June because he was scared the unwashed hippies, joggers, abos and jogger-lovers were gonna burn Melbourne down after seeing footage of the rioting in America:

fokker

Pelican
There's been a new outbreak of jew flu in Sydney the past week, and stay-at-home orders and masks have been implemented in the hardest-hit parts. Probably a pretext for a 3rd wave.

I was planning on going to Sydney for a week around late January or early February, but I'll probably end up cancelling if they do lock us down again.

Last edited:

Punchitchewie

Woodpecker
There's been a new outbreak of jew flu in Sydney the past week, and stay-at-home orders and masks have been implemented in the hardest-hit parts. Probably a pretext for a 3rd wave.

I was planning on going to Sydney for a week around late January or early February, but I'll probably end up cancelling if they do lock us down again.
29 in a population of eight million? That is 0.00036% of the NSW population. Also that’s cases not deaths...

And now emperor mcclown in WA is going to put us back into lockdown and force anyone that’s come or will come here to do 14 days isolation.
I can see this scenario repeating till winter. Then the real flu will bump number back up enough to justify Victoria 2.0

Last edited: