Australian government has gone tyrannical

aynrus

Kingfisher
Considering what went down with total imprisonment lockdowns (especially in Victoria and South Australia) people not allowing to walk dogs even/leave the house, violent police assaults on anti-lockdown protesters and mask-free people, arrests of activists organizing protests/de-facto criminalizing anti-hoax activity, Australia being first to say they'll demand vaccines to fly in and out -
I don't see how Australia can be any improvement over Canada. It's the same, probably worse.

Last edited:

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
Considering what went down with total imprisonment lockdowns (especially in Victoria and South Australia) people not allowing to walk dogs even/leave the house, violent police assaults on anti-lockdown protesters and mask-free people, arrests of activists organizing protests/def-facto criminalizing anti-hoax activity, Australia being first to say they'll demand vaccines to fly in and out -
I don't see how Australia can be any improvement over Canada. It's the same, probably worse.
Australia is the test-bed. The size of USA or Canada with half the population of Canada and only 8% of that of the USA.

I don't know what post I said it in but the Victorian lockdowns were a trial to see what what a mostly leftists state would do.... and it did nothing and VOILA! it's now happening all over the world.

You think the USA is going in to a dark winter? Wait for when Victoria will in April 2021!

aynrus

Kingfisher
Australia is the test-bed. ...

I don't know what post I said it in but the Victorian lockdowns were a trial to see what what a mostly leftists state would do.... and it did nothing and VOILA! it's now happening all over the world.
I've always been saying the same thing earlier...Australia had been a test bed for them, to see if the population would swallow the new dictatorship (and most swallowed, hook, sinker and all)

Hephaestus

Sparrow
Does anyone else have a weird kind of survivor's guilt living in Australia? Especially, those who didn't go through the Melbourne lockdowns.

We can enjoy life and go anywhere we want, whereas my non- NE Asian friends and family are locked down in their homes.
I haven't given the virus much thought, other than wearing a mask on public transport on days where the spread is above zero.
If I was living in Boris Johnson's Britain, I probably would have ended up killing myself, as isolation made me super depressed and the media is so doommongering.

It's been bad people trying to get into the real estate industry like me, but other than that and tourism visitor numbers being down, things are at most difficult, and not crushing.

IANAD, but some evidence suggests that all the sunshine/VitD we've been getting might make us more resilient if there was an outbreak, Europe is really shooting itself in the foot.

Does anyone else have a weird kind of survivor's guilt living in Australia? Especially, those who didn't go through the Melbourne lockdowns.

We can enjoy life and go anywhere we want, whereas my non- NE Asian friends and family are locked down in their homes.
I haven't given the virus much thought, other than wearing a mask on public transport on days where the spread is above zero.
If I was living in Boris Johnson's Britain, I probably would have ended up killing myself, as isolation made me super depressed and the media is so doommongering.

It's been bad people trying to get into the real estate industry like me, but other than that and tourism visitor numbers being down, things are at most difficult, and not crushing.

IANAD, but some evidence suggests that all the sunshine/VitD we've been getting might make us more resilient if there was an outbreak, Europe is really shooting itself in the foot.

Living in Australia (outside of Melbourne, and Victoria state) during this whole orderal has provided me with an opportunity more to see what would most likely happen ahead of time.

As much as I like to believe in Australian exceptionalism, I believe that there is still cause to be viligant.

I don't even concern myself with COVID at all. They would have to physically force a mask onto my face.

Living in the UK right now would be painful. If this crisis has taught me anything, it has given me the push to truly cut all the BS out of my life. No-nonsense to the maximum!

But by no means, did Australia escape unscathed. Australians are not allowed to leave overseas. The interstate border closures were a joke, and were pointless.

Watching excerpts from Dan Andrew's briefings was akin to watching a rubbish stand up comedian.

Australian state borders are arbiturary, more so compared to other nations. If you aren't within 10km of the CBD of a Capital City, your area is deemed irrelevant, and may as well not exist.

Reading up on what our American friends have had to cop regarding face masks, etc. I honestly couldn't visualise what that would be like to experience first hand. I'm not questioning their integrity, but from my current vantage point, it seems like trolling a bit, that is how ludacris a lot of this sounds.

fokker

Ostrich
All unpaid fines from breaking the unelected Chief Health Officer's diktats have been withdrawn and replaced with cautions or diversion programs (community service-type stuff, from what I can gather):

fokker

Ostrich
Also, the Premier of NSW has said that hospitality and live music venues should refuse admission to people skeptical of the 666 paedo jab:

PixelFree

Kingfisher
Also, the Premier of NSW has said that hospitality and live music venues should refuse admission to people skeptical of the 666 paedo jab:

My gut feel is scepticism is (finally) growing in the general public, they can see these coercive measures to push people into something.

My gut feel is scepticism is (finally) growing in the general public, they can see these coercive measures to push people into something.

I've had a few people in the last week express concern about Trump's deplatforming, whilst also alluding the possibility that it could be extended to the general populace. These people are good friends of mine, and the comments were unprompted.

Whilst they are reasonably versed in politics, and are aware of Gavin McInnes, Breitbart, etc. they are not extreme in their views. If you were to categorise them, they would align most with the "Blue Dogs" position. Though "Blue Dogs" are from the US - there are numerous such groups, or factions in Western nations. The "Labor" and other main left-wing parties still contain a large cohort of "moderates" who are poles apart from the younger, more visible SJW element. I merely highlight this point when discussing the political spectrum with others - the "centre left" of 2000, is the "centre right" of 2020. Eventually this reaches a critical mass where new populist movements are created to fill in the void. Some examples have gathered enough support to become the largest opposition party. Opportunity for Growth would be to create a somewhat formal structure whilst gaining momentum, so that it would remain sustainable, and not result in a one-off.

The events of the last fortnight have caught a lot of folk by surprise. Questions are being asked, to which there are no clear cut answers. More and more people will attempt to seek those answers. They will follow a similar journey to what many of us have undertaken in the past.

Punchitchewie

Woodpecker
Barely even mid January and the gooberment has already said there will be no escape (international travel) 2021. Yet they are still working on excemptions for Indian and Chinese students to keep the housing and university Ponzi scheme going.

fokker

Ostrich
The Pfizer """vAccInE""" (read: gene-altering poison that will bar you from entering Heaven) has been approved as the official 666 paedo jab in Australia:

The article also says "The vaccine will not be mandatory, even for staff in aged care homes", but that really means society will turn the untainted into an untouchable class, similar to the Dalit people in India and the Cagot people in France.

Laus Deo

Pigeon
My residence has been ‘randomly’ selected by the ABS to do one of their “Mental Health and Wellbeing Surveys” designed to help Canberra understand the impacts of corona on Australians. I’ve had an ABS employee doggedly harass me at my residence on two occasions to conduct the survey face-to-face. Apparently the survey is mandatory as per some old legal Act and refusal to do it can lead to criminal consequences.

Have any of you had any experience dealing with these ABS surveys? Is my best bet just to get it over with giving as little away as possible?