Australian government has gone tyrannical

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
This is AUTHORITARIANISM.

So strange that this one and another they are both arresting women. I'm sure there are men being arrested, but it just feels different when its a woman , let alone a pregnant one.

Apparently the video keeps getting taken down.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
This is AUTHORITARIANISM.

So strange that this one and another they are both arresting women. I'm sure there are men being arrested, but it just feels different when its a woman , let alone a pregnant one.

Apparently the video keeps getting taken down.
Having lived in Melbourne, I still keep tabs of the goings on there. Sadly, but not surprisingly, they are cheering her arrest - at least on line.

Some of the guys I know there are seething with rage. But what can they do? At this point, the fight seems lost. Arresting people for FB posts is about peak insanity. I am hopeful for Saturday.

And the Victorian police actually seem to be enjoying their work right now. Selling their children into future gulags, with smiles on their faces.

Bizet

Woodpecker
It's looking like our stage-4 lockdown, that was due to end on September the 13th, is going to be extended for (at least) another two weeks...

kel

Pelican
It'll become a rolling thing, I'm afraid. Just the like the US-Canadian border has been scheduled to reopen on the 21st of the month for many months now, always pushed back another month.

fokker

Pelican
Turns out that the cop who signed the search warrant for the pregnant woman had been fucking about with Nicola Gobbo ("Lawyer X", who served both as a lawyer for people involved in the gangland killings of the 2000s and a police informant, which jeopardised the gangland guys' rulings):

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
It's looking like our stage-4 lockdown, that was due to end on September the 13th, is going to be extended for (at least) another two weeks...
I was in the Philippines when the lockdowns started there on March 15th. They did the same thing... "just 2 weeks". Then another 2 weeks and then another. They're still under quarantine now and in fact getting stricter and stricter. Now they have mandatory face shields on top of the mandatory masks. They closed an entire mall down because of one "case" (I'd bet 1000 dollars that it was a false positive too).

Manila went back on what they call "enhanced quarantine" just last month on August 1st (that means: you're not allowed to leave the house unless you have a pass from the local government, and you're only allowed to get food or medicine, only one person per household, nobody under 18 or over 60).

A friend of mine said in March "they're gonna 2-week us to death" and left. How right he was. That is clearly the plan: keep extending by "just 2 more weeks". And countries who don't resist get the boot up their ass so deep it'll come back out the other end. Europeans resisted a lot and got relatively mild measures by comparison.

NoFunInAus

Sparrow
"Funny" thing is that I commented on a Sky News video (I think) on youtube when this whole crazy stage 4 lockdown started that the lockdown will NEVER end. The amount of abuse I got over it from the normies here is more than I've ever had from being on the internet for over 20 years! Death threats and other absurd conclusions over my intent and character; it made me realize that the insanity in this town is total.

And look at it now; our economy is pretty much non-existent. We have a protest that won't go ahead tomorrow (or will it) in which you could look at it from both sides being orchestrated by Andrews....etc.... But the thing is; are we in Venezuela or what!?

"Funny" thing is that I commented on a Sky News video (I think) on youtube when this whole crazy stage 4 lockdown started that the lockdown will NEVER end. The amount of abuse I got over it from the normies here is more than I've ever had from being on the internet for over 20 years! Death threats and other absurd conclusions over my intent and character; it made me realize that the insanity in this town is total.
Are you sure they are normies? they might be glowies and shills!

And personally I don't think that this is staged - there were reports about other similar encounters. And even if it was staged, then what would they want to show? That they can be as brutal as the Chinese or even more?
The fact this specific instance is staged is quite likely. They want a big show about the arrest and then the woman later goes on a public show trial about how wrong she was.