Austria introduces mandatory vaccination for its citizens

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
So they really did it. Parliament passed the vax mandate.

Not only they passed it, it was passed via 137 to 33 vote, 4:1...pretty sad state of society and not a lot hope for those who're resisting, this looks like 4 wolves wanting to eat one deer situation and voting for this.

Mercury

Pigeon
Catholic
True, they need hope in very dire times. The Catholic Church in Austria has a vaccination mandate as far as I am aware. The non vaxxed Church members (especially men) feel betrayed and are leaving the church in large numbers.
Compared to when? I was in Regensburg with one of the best bishops in Europe and there was many times we were the youngest people in the Mass(we are in our 40s). The average age I'd peg closer to 65.

Cardinal Schönborn on the other hand is an absolute disaster with his theology not far from "Father" James Martin. I never went to mass in Austria but typically places like this the parishioners have already abandoned the church en masse.

https://www.ncronline.org/news/vati...n-god-will-not-deny-same-sex-couples-blessing

lonewolf1968

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I don't understand how is this even posible? My banana republic has a bill of rights where there is a right of liberty, and a right of conscientious objection, they don't have it easy to mandate their vax here, why do they even allow this in a first world country? Whats wrong

Viktor Zeegelaar

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Not only they passed it, it was passed via 137 to 33 vote, 4:1...pretty sad state of society and not a lot hope for those who're resisting, this looks like 4 wolves wanting to eat one deer situation and voting for this.
Don't have any hope in politics. There are remnants looking for the truth, but they're a tiny group.
I don't understand how is this even posible? My banana republic has a bill of rights where there is a right of liberty, and a right of conscientious objection, they don't have it easy to mandate their vax here, why do they even allow this in a first world country? Whats wrong
What's wrong is that 1/3rd didn't take the jab. So they had to put the pressure on. In other countries that's 10-15 percent.