Avoiding Estrogens and Pthalates Guide

Tom Slick

Kingfisher
Orthodox
(I am cross-posting this to three relevant threads)

Robyn Riley, an Orthodox Christian who publishes online and interacts with other right-wing, Christian women, Blonde in the Belly of the Beast (Rebecca Hargraves) and Brittany Pettibone Sellner, wrote an article about the dangers of hygiene and other products that contain endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs). It's a good, concise overview:

Hormone-Disrupting Chemicals Are Causing An Estrogen Epidemic
By Robyn Riley on Dec 9th 2021

Nelson12

Sparrow
Catholic
I no longer use shower gel and use aqueous cream to wash my body. I still use shampoo though. I only wash my hair twice a week, the rest of the time I just use water.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
I think the endocrine disruption qualities of this are a mixture of truth and conjecture, but it would be good to see some worthwhile studies done.

Jive Turkey

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen
(I am cross-posting this to three relevant threads)

Robyn Riley, an Orthodox Christian who publishes online and interacts with other right-wing, Christian women, Blonde in the Belly of the Beast (Rebecca Hargraves) and Brittany Pettibone Sellner, wrote an article about the dangers of hygiene and other products that contain endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs). It's a good, concise overview:

Hormone-Disrupting Chemicals Are Causing An Estrogen Epidemic
By Robyn Riley on Dec 9th 2021

Do you guys think the same hormones causing soyboys are giving women endomitriosis? Almost every girl I have dated has had it.

Tom Slick

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Do you guys think the same hormones causing soyboys are giving women endomitriosis? Almost every girl I have dated has had it.
Maybe not exactly the same things are hurting both males and females simultaneously, and because of biodiversity it's likely that different toxins are at play for the two sexes, but the overall same poisoning campaign from the same people is increasing endometriosis and causing other trouble for women, and one of the likely causes is the pill, which men don't take.

OrthodoxLaity

Banned
Orthodox
Consume saturated fat, monounsaturated fat and HDL cholesterol because it boosts testosterone levels and aids in cellular regeneration and other bodily functions.

Avoid seed oils because they contain polyunsaturated fat which reduces testosterone levels.

Avoid consuming caffeine because it elevates cortisol which can lower intelligence, impair motor skills, cause high blood pressure, damage the immune system and cause muscle and bone atrophy. It is also a waste of energy because you need a coffee maker and coffee beans or you need to waste energy microwaving water if you use instant coffee. If you need a stimulant, use l-tyrosine or n-acetyl-tyrosine capsules because it elevates dopamine levels which is more effective at boosting mood and cognitive abilities than caffeine. You can also take sleep supplements such as magnesium, ashwagandha, gelatin or melatonin to improve your sleep-wake cycle and have more energy when you wake up.

Also avoid other over-the-counter stimulants such as capsaicin from spicy food, theobromine from chocolate, uric acid from oatmeal and nuts and monosodium glutamate from junk food because it can also elevate cortisol levels.

Avoid eating grains because these contain gluten which can lower your testosterone and dopamine levels and can cause slowed metabolism, high blood sugar and many other health problems. Not to mention that it takes a lot of energy to refine and cook grains: you need gristmills and hullers to refine the grains, you need silos to store them, you need to hand pull or use noodle extruders, kneading machines and noodle screw presses to make noodles, you need baking soda and yeast to make pastries, you need toasters and ovens for bread, cakes and other pastries, you need rice cookers for rice and you need to boil water for noodles, while you can eat vegetables and fruits raw or from a can and ice cream from a tub.

Eat organic meat that has no antibiotics or hormones because these can lower your testosterone levels and it takes a lot of energy, materials and labor to produce these chemicals.

Avoid eating soy because it can lower your testosterone levels.

Avoid cosmetics because these contain endocrine disruptors which can lower testosterone levels. Stick to using only organic hygiene products such as soap, toothpaste and deodorant. You will save on health problems and materials in the process because it takes a lot of energy, materials and labor to produce these chemicals.

Use only organic detergent, dishwashing liquid, surface cleaners and pesticides because the conventional cleaning agents contain endocrine disruptors which can lower testosterone levels and the chemicals used in these products require chemicals plants for their production which use a lot of energy, materials and labor to operate.

Avoid wearing tight clothing such as tight shirts, tight pants, skinny jeans, tight ankle socks and pointed shoes because these can chafe skin, strain muscles and fascia, raise blood pressure, cause blood clots, damage nerves, and lower testosterone by inhibiting blood flow to the testicles.

Sanctus

Woodpecker
Protestant
If you haven't already, read Estrogenation by Anthony Jay. It really opened my eyes to just how much crap is in everyday products.
I won't even use shampoos or laundry liquid with fragrance oils in them now due to how common artificial fragrances are, it's essential oils or unscented. Even stopped wearing cologne and using deodorant (aluminum spray? No, thanks), turns out, you can get by just fine without it.

Nordwand

Pelican
Other Christian
I no longer use shower gel and use aqueous cream to wash my body. I still use shampoo though. I only wash my hair twice a week, the rest of the time I just use water.
My day to day shower gels used to be Original Source, who had several for men, clearly marked as such, with masculine graphics on the labels. Then, their range became unisex, and not one was to my liking. For occasional use, my choice was a Greek company called Korres, and exactly the same happened. They do still have a single product that I like, but the packaging is the same as the others now.

You can find body washes made entirely with plant material by American Provenance. As for deodorants, anything aluminum free is better but there is still crap in there that doesn't need to be rubbed into your pits daily.

Here is all you need really for hygiene:
charcoal or bamboo toothbrush
STS/Fluoride/Carrageenan free toothpaste
Dental pick kit / tongue scraper / thick floss
A body wash with only plant materials in it
A hair shampoo / conditioner that also only has plant materials in it (only company I know is the one I said above)
Extra virgin coconut oil for cleaning or to help vitamin D intake when out in the sun (more sun is good)
a big bar of natural fat soap that can be verified to not have synthetic chemicals in it
toilet paper that doesn't break or scratch your ass

And that's about it. If you feel the need to use fragrances I would only do it if you absolutely must smell good for some woman and only spray it on the exterior of clothes so it doesn't actually go into your skin. Hopefully after the first date your charming personalities will take over and you will no longer need to spray yourself.

Philip Dru

Sparrow
Trad Catholic
I am obsessed with MSG and its analogue - free glutamate. Below is a summary of my conclusions as well as a breakdown of the studies that I have collected proving MSG's endocrine (hormone) disrupting qualities. For copies of the studies PM me your email (no Gmail addresses).

Here is a summary of my takeaways:
  • MSG ostensibly impacts men more than women
  • The alleged "neurotoxic" impacts of MSG are a red herring- MSG fries your testicles. Full stop.
  • MSG fries your balls by increasing leptin, which regulates hormones. There is an ideal leptin level. Above or below this is bad for your fertility and T levels. MSG pushes leptin up, up, up. Due to the way this mechanism operates, MSG may actually increase teenage T but it soon plummets.
  • MOST restaurant food today contains free glutamates (l-glutamic acid) which is simply MSG minus the attached sodium atom.
    • We can assume the impact is the same, since the same food also typically contains SALT.
      • SALT is required to transport free glutamate around the body. Coincidence???
    • Meat replacements (i.e veggie burgers) contain TONS of free glutamates to add "meaty" flavor.
    • Free glutamate is "yeast extract", "hydrolyzed proteins", "natural flavors", and many, many others
  • Aspartame (aspartic acid) triggers the same receptors as l-glutamic acid. Do not eat aspartame.
To avoid free glutamates you need to prepare your own food from scratch. No Chipotle. No Mcdonalds. No eating out.

References:
  • Glutamic acid review (Olcott & Brother 1947)
  • MSG, Hyperleptinemia, and testicular function (Maio Yuan et al, 2014)
  • MSG and aspartame on behavioral and biochemical parameters (Abu-Taweel 2016)
  • Effects of MSG on testicular tissue of adult rat (Anbarkeh et al, 2019)
  • Protective effects of nigella sativa on testis of MSG challenged rats (Abd‑Elkareem et al, 2021)
  • Glutamate induced obesity and sperm reserves (Fernandez et al, 2012)
It seems clear that avoiding Pthalates, BPA, and other xenoestrogens is as important or more important than avoiding MSG and Aspartame. I am not AT ALL trying to downplay the importance of avoiding those. ESPECIALLY IN THE FIRST TRIMESTER OF PREGNANCY.

M'bare

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Gold Member
A soap I'd recommend:

Natural goat milk soap. I use it myself. Noticeable difference for flakey skin on my eyebrow.

I've been to their actual farm, took a tour and met the family. God centered folks from what I could gather. The mom started making soap because she read what was in most soaps, and didn't want to use it on her kids.

Sevomoz

Pigeon
Catholic
I converted to a soap called Savon de Marseille recently. It’s made from more than 80% olive oil/plant if it’s a legit product. There are fake knock offs that add scents and colors. It should be a dark green color and have a neutral smell. Can search online for companies that make the authentic product.

I’ve found it lathers very well and doesn’t dry my skin. I have also been using it to clean my hair and not shampoo.

The French use/used it for everything including even clothes washing. I heard a story in French on it’s natural production and its many uses years ago. But haven’t been able to track it down the same story.

Philip Dru

Sparrow
Trad Catholic
If anyone has any conditioner recommendations, please advise. We currently use an expensive brand from Natural Grocers that I don't really trust that much.

My wife has tried several phthalate free brands but says most dont work.

They Live

Sparrow
Catholic
I am obsessed with MSG and its analogue - free glutamate. Below is a summary of my conclusions as well as a breakdown of the studies that I have collected proving MSG's endocrine (hormone) disrupting qualities. For copies of the studies PM me your email (no Gmail addresses).

Here is a summary of my takeaways:
  • MSG ostensibly impacts men more than women
  • The alleged "neurotoxic" impacts of MSG are a red herring- MSG fries your testicles. Full stop.
  • MSG fries your balls by increasing leptin, which regulates hormones. There is an ideal leptin level. Above or below this is bad for your fertility and T levels. MSG pushes leptin up, up, up. Due to the way this mechanism operates, MSG may actually increase teenage T but it soon plummets.
  • MOST restaurant food today contains free glutamates (l-glutamic acid) which is simply MSG minus the attached sodium atom.
    • We can assume the impact is the same, since the same food also typically contains SALT.
      • SALT is required to transport free glutamate around the body. Coincidence???
    • Meat replacements (i.e veggie burgers) contain TONS of free glutamates to add "meaty" flavor.
    • Free glutamate is "yeast extract", "hydrolyzed proteins", "natural flavors", and many, many others
  • Aspartame (aspartic acid) triggers the same receptors as l-glutamic acid. Do not eat aspartame.
To avoid free glutamates you need to prepare your own food from scratch. No Chipotle. No Mcdonalds. No eating out.

References:
  • Glutamic acid review (Olcott & Brother 1947)
  • MSG, Hyperleptinemia, and testicular function (Maio Yuan et al, 2014)
  • MSG and aspartame on behavioral and biochemical parameters (Abu-Taweel 2016)
  • Effects of MSG on testicular tissue of adult rat (Anbarkeh et al, 2019)
  • Protective effects of nigella sativa on testis of MSG challenged rats (Abd‑Elkareem et al, 2021)
  • Glutamate induced obesity and sperm reserves (Fernandez et al, 2012)
It seems clear that avoiding Pthalates, BPA, and other xenoestrogens is as important or more important than avoiding MSG and Aspartame. I am not AT ALL trying to downplay the importance of avoiding those. ESPECIALLY IN THE FIRST TRIMESTER OF PREGNANCY.
Does this include whey or egg protein powder?

Can try this for hair and teeth

Philip Dru

Sparrow
Trad Catholic
Does this include whey or egg protein powder?

Can try this for hair and teeth

All protein contains glutamic acid in the bound form, which is not harmful to you. It is "hydrolyzed" to turn it into free glutamate. If it says "hydrolized protein" I would avoid it.

They Live

Sparrow
Catholic
All protein contains glutamic acid in the bound form, which is not harmful to you. It is "hydrolyzed" to turn it into free glutamate. If it says "hydrolized protein" I would avoid it.
Yeah I know I’m just talking about straight grass fed whey cause it is separated from the casein milk or whatever. So you think that’s ok? I’m sensitive as heck to msg(at least the really straight up bad stuff)