Basecamp Purges SJW employees

ginsu

Woodpecker
FROM THE ARTICLE:

'' Employees of Basecamp, a popular software company, quit en masse on Friday after a ban on "societal and political" discussions.

The exodus came after a heated debate at the company about their inclusive policies. The original disagreement arose over a list of Basecamp customers with "funny names." Some employees complained that the names were either Asian or African, and the list was offensive to them.

On Monday, CEO Jason Fried outlined several new policies including the ban on political speech. When employees expressed their opposition to the new policies, the company offered them a severance package.

Some of the employees took to Twitter to announce their exit from the company. ''

Seems really bullish for them, now they can get back to doing actual work

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
"Attention everyone. Effective immediately the company will not tolerate those that are intolerant of people who tolerate intolerant viewpoints. If you dont like it bugger off. That will be all"

I like it

kel

Ostrich
This was after DHH made some virtuous eyeroll tweet last year in response to Coinbase's policy. Can't say I feel sorry for him.

cancel-culture-right-left-political-cartoon.webp

Honestly, though, they offered people a buyout. Six months pay is tempting, especially with summer right ahead of you. If you were tired of your company anyways - which you might be after years and Basecamp has really fallen off the radar so there's no real prestige - and someone dropped six months salary in front of you to just walk away, plus the chance to virtue signal in the process, you could be very tempted to take it.

Basecamp is going to be run over the coals by MSM, Wall Street and Big Tech - watch accounts get canceled, payment processors/banks reject them ect.

What really would have been funny is if Fried had said - "Ok you want SJ? Resign from YOUR job and get a POC to replace you. IT's starts with YOU!" In fact that is what we should be saying to all SJW - that is what will eventually happen when the elite are done using them anyway.

bucky

Ostrich
This was after DHH made some virtuous eyeroll tweet last year in response to Coinbase's policy. Can't say I feel sorry for him.

cancel-culture-right-left-political-cartoon.webp

Honestly, though, they offered people a buyout. Six months pay is tempting, especially with summer right ahead of you. If you were tired of your company anyways - which you might be after years and Basecamp has really fallen off the radar so there's no real prestige - and someone dropped six months salary in front of you to just walk away, plus the chance to virtue signal in the process, you could be very tempted to take it.
Good point. I like the company I'm working for a lot, but if they offered me six month's pay with benefits as severance, I'd take it in a heart beat. There are plenty of other jobs out there for my skill set.