Basic courtesies before and when on a date.

Celibate Warrior21

Sparrow
Other Christian
Just want to know some of the basic courtesies and gestures you guys do before and when on a date.

Some examples: - Calling her before the date just to feel the vibe and have a good idea on how the date is going to be.

- Keeping it light and fun the first few meetings, date could be over ice cream and tacos.

Anything else to add?

Lawrence87

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Yeah I'd say don't mix ice cream with tacos, that would taste strange and she might think you're a weirdo...

In all seriousness, I would say:

- Make sure she can get home alright, find her a taxi, give her a lift, or walk home with her.

- Keep away from bars/clubs/drinking venues. So much of dating these days revolves around getting drunk and then doing regrettable things. Insisting on not drinking will set you apart from the crowd who will just want to ply them with drinks and try to get them into bed.

amor_fati

Pigeon
Protestant
Yeah I'd say don't mix ice cream with tacos, that would taste strange and she might think you're a weirdo...

In all seriousness, I would say:

- Make sure she can get home alright, find her a taxi, give her a lift, or walk home with her.

- Keep away from bars/clubs/drinking venues. So much of dating these days revolves around getting drunk and then doing regrettable things. Insisting on not drinking will set you apart from the crowd who will just want to ply them with drinks and try to get them into bed.
I'd agree with the avoidance of alchohol.

Saxonia

Pigeon
Protestant
If you are eloquent, a simple conversation is enough, the topics come up on their own. Call shortly beforehand to reduce a little nervousness for both of you.