Be Careful What You Say On Zoom

holgerdanske

Woodpecker
A few days ago my Zoom account was suddenly disabled without any notification or warning. I was about to jump on a business call/zoom I had scheduled when I kept seeing an error. Tried to log into my account in the browser and received a 'account has been locked' popup.

I tried to contact support but the system kept insisting on asking for my 10-digit account number. Which of course I didn't have as I WASN'T ABLE TO LOG IN. Tried to call sales and they told me to use the support website. After two hours of running in circles I finally gave up and just created a new account under another email address.

All I ever did with the old Zoom account were business meetings and interviews/updates with consultants I employ. Nothing illegal or spicy in an way. Nothing political either - that's not my racket and I've been very careful to not expose my leanings. HOWEVER earlier today I had a chat with someone I trusted and mentioned that I had voted for Trump. I also mentioned 'The Duran' over at Locals and that they did a good job of offering a neutral and well researched account on global politics by analyzing diplomatic briefs.

A few hours later my account had been disabled so I can't help but wonder if Zoom has some AI running that parses for certain keywords in order to identify 'undesirable elements' if you get my drift. Has this ever happened to any of you or anyone you know?

Again, this may just be complete hyperbole but in the future I will make it a point of NOT discussing anything political nor as much as mention anything critical to Western mainstream culture (i.e. Marxist gobalist) during my Zoom calls.

Captain Gh

Ostrich
Gold Member
A few days ago my Zoom account was suddenly disabled without any notification or warning. I was about to jump on a business call/zoom I had scheduled when I kept seeing an error. Tried to log into my account in the browser and received a 'account has been locked' popup.

I tried to contact support but the system kept insisting on asking for my 10-digit account number. Which of course I didn't have as I WASN'T ABLE TO LOG IN. Tried to call sales and they told me to use the support website. After two hours of running in circles I finally gave up and just created a new account under another email address.

All I ever did with the old Zoom account were business meetings and interviews/updates with consultants I employ. Nothing illegal or spicy in an way. Nothing political either - that's not my racket and I've been very careful to not expose my leanings. HOWEVER earlier today I had a chat with someone I trusted and mentioned that I had voted for Trump. I also mentioned 'The Duran' over at Locals and that they did a good job of offering a neutral and well researched account on global politics by analyzing diplomatic briefs.

A few hours later my account had been disabled so I can't help but wonder if Zoom has some AI running that parses for certain keywords in order to identify 'undesirable elements' if you get my drift. Has this ever happened to any of you or anyone you know?

Again, this may just be complete hyperbole but in the future I will make it a point of NOT discussing anything political nor as much as mention anything critical to Western mainstream culture (i.e. Marxist gobalist) during my Zoom calls.
My Man you got it! Or it could be your employer (unless you work for yourself) that had some surveillance software running on your Machine! Check some Joshua Fluke vidz on YouTube to see what that lookslike

Treating Zoom as anything other than an extension of the CCP, no matter how convenient it might be, has always been a bad idea.

Google Hangouts is better, by far - at least it's not from a company caught repeatedly lying about their encryption and such.

Or host your own Jitsi Meet instance on something. It's not quite as nice, but it works fine for smaller gatherings, and is an awful lot safer to use.

Taking about jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
It depends on your goals and what you're concerned about.

The best option would be hosting your own system - Jitsi Meet is a good option here, if you have those skills.

Otherwise, if you're going to try and have some video meeting with non-technical people, or if you don't have the skills to host such a thing yourself and no friends you can get to host something, you sort of have to pick your risk factors.

Zoom is known-evil, monitors calls, lies about encryption, etc, and is quite friendly to the CCP.

Google is at least US based (so likely won't care if you're critical of China), and I do generally trust them to not intrude on streams to monitor content far more than I trust Zoom.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
For those who are unaware, Napolitano & McMaster are on the Zoom's Board of Directors.

Meanwhile...

TheFinalEpic

Pelican
Gold Member
Get Element and use Jitsi for all your video calling in the future. Either that or setup a private XMPP server, stop using these obviously corrupt and compromised applications.