Being Dad at an Old Age..What's Real and What's Myth

i can agree that, if possible and in a perfect world, men should have children at an earlier age. Early 30’s would be ideal. You are most likely to have an established career and can find a young woman in her early 20’s who will make a good wife and mother.

Getting married and having children later in life (myself at 47) has its own set of pros and cons and is dependent on the man himself. Other posters have mentioned how they can appreciate their children more as an older man. I can agree.

How fit the man is, is important. Keeping up with small children and a younger wife is a necessity. Fortunately, due to genetics and be physically active all of my adult life, I can keep up. My wife thought I was younger than her when we first met at a friends pool party. I’m 14 years older than her.

There are times when I wish I had what I have now at an earlier age, but I had to go through some trials and tribulations on the road to becoming a strong man. Something I wasn’t in my early life.

I had the Red Pill shoved down my throat and learned a lot. Luckily, I had the benefit of reading Roosh, The Chateau/Roissy, Solomon II, Dalrock and others to educate me on the world.

rainy

Kingfisher
My new recommended blueprint is the opposite of what leftist society wants.

At 18, do not go to college. Instead, apprentice and learn a trade while learning accounting on the side.

At 22, start your own business with your trade skill. Have an understanding of marketing and superior customer service than your competitors.

At 25, get married and buy a house. You have been a business owner for 3 yrs at this point and are growing revenue year on year.

26-32 have 3-4 kids. During this time also create a couple additional revenue streams, preferably online.

Slowly step back from working in your business and start working on your business. Meaning, focus on sales, selling new projects, networking, while letting your manager run day to day operations. You don’t get your hands dirty at this point.

Pump money into retirement and investment vehicles.

Get involved in non profits as a board member.

You will be happy, your life will have great purpose and you’ll be living like a king amongst your peers.

I wish someone had told me the same.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
Things like this forum would barely exist, or get much less traffic, if people married early or it was easy to do so. The reason why most of us are here is because the madness took over and more importantly, "got to" the women, so unless you can go back in the DeLorean and stop the Frankfurt school, the affluence, the long run of no wars/plenty of food/no plague/welfare/medicine ... it doesn't matter much. Just do your best to work with what is left, if that suits you. The advantages of a materially endowed and safe life came with an increase in the male to female ratio which, along with other things, guarantees that the average woman's objective value plummets. I'm sad to report to you all that this is a human check/balance/cycle that cannot be cured, ever.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Things like this forum would barely exist, or get much less traffic, if people married early or it was easy to do so. The reason why most of us are here is because the madness took over and more importantly, "got to" the women, so unless you can go back in the DeLorean and stop the Frankfurt school, the affluence, the long run of no wars/plenty of food/no plague/welfare/medicine ... it doesn't matter much. Just do your best to work with what is left, if that suits you. The advantages of a materially endowed and safe life came with an increase in the male to female ratio which, along with other things, guarantees that the average woman's objective value plummets. I'm sad to report to you all that this is a human check/balance/cycle that cannot be cured, ever.
Yup. Which is exactly why in my naughty days I would enjoy extended visits in countries not long out of war.

My new recommended blueprint is the opposite of what leftist society wants.

At 18, do not go to college. Instead, apprentice and learn a trade while learning accounting on the side.

At 22, start your own business with your trade skill. Have an understanding of marketing and superior customer service than your competitors.

At 25, get married and buy a house. You have been a business owner for 3 yrs at this point and are growing revenue year on year.

26-32 have 3-4 kids. During this time also create a couple additional revenue streams, preferably online.

Slowly step back from working in your business and start working on your business. Meaning, focus on sales, selling new projects, networking, while letting your manager run day to day operations. You don’t get your hands dirty at this point.

Pump money into retirement and investment vehicles.

Get involved in non profits as a board member.

You will be happy, your life will have great purpose and you’ll be living like a king amongst your peers.

I wish someone had told me the same.
Most, if not all, of what is taught in a business or marketing degree, is found in books. Most of those books are more concise than textbooks. At University, it is recommended that for each subject requires 10 hours per week - between lecturers, tutorials, self directed learning.

Most people, myself included, spent around 10 hours PER SEMESTER, for each subject, and graduated.

The best mentor for a trade would be an old school man who has worked the trade his entire life, and followed in his father's footsteps. Simply being around them will help you to develop your craft.

They may not have a 2020 online presence, but it's outweighed by an extensive family history in the field.

The ultimate goal would be to be an intermediary. People come to you because you know a person who knows a particular person. Your reputation would be strong, and your word is your bond. You would provide an informal network outside regular channels, that in itself holds significant value. It is a mutually beneficial arrangement for all involved, so long as those involved are properly vetted. It would take a while to develop, but it is the tried and true method, and the most anti-fragile.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
Yup. Which is exactly why in my naughty days I would enjoy extended visits in countries not long out of war.
I wonder if people realize that we "figured it out'

or if they realize it's not as great as it may seem

I was told by many a member "yeah bro, it gets old banging sluts" = we all know it's bullshit

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
If I'm honest grenade, the struggle is the cycle of T

it gets old but every week to two or three the testosterone and my lack of discipline can combine to be indifferent about sluts

it's not right and shouldn't be done, but probably doesn't change for us non fat asses until age 65+