Best Christian Country to expat to by/before 2024

Tippy

Woodpecker
Some interesting thoughts about living in other countries.

I don't really know about Christian countries. I can tell you that I uprooted my life twice - once to Japan and once to Canada.

I think that unless you really commit to the new culture and find things you genuinely like about it, then it's a miserable experience. Hating your own country isn't a positive enough motivation to go somewhere new, in my opinion.

I understand that in these times we have fear of government taking over all of our freedoms in home countries, and so some third world or less developed country appear like an answer to that. They also have their own problems.

But unless you can find a way to build a sustainable way of life in the new country, you have a different type of misery. Being there as an outsider who cannot speak the language with little else other than pride and ego for being unlike and away from those you despise back home isn't necessarily an improvement. Isolation isn't freedom. It's enslavement within the shell of yourself.

Also, I am reminded of DH Lawrence writing that to be free, you must be attached to something. If you move, do it with a goal of really trying to attach yourself to this new culture. But many prefer this 'freedom' of having no attachments what so ever. To paraphrase Lawrence, a vine that cannot attach to something eventually falls to the ground.

There are some gains in regards to dating due to an increase in SMV for being a rare commodity. But such privileges are counter balanced by the the anxiety and stress and hassle that comes with this lifestyle.

I think people get hooked on this idea of another better place in another country and chase this, though sometimes it's more like a mirage. It exists only in your head. Sometimes you are there and try to will it to happen. The funny thing is that locals in the place you moved are doing the exact same thing about the country you just fled from, and are eager to interact with you mostly as a representative of your country than as an individual.

I do tend to think that if people put in the sometimes hundreds of hours of work/research/studying they put into moving abroad into improving their lives at home, they could change their outlook a little bit. Even if 99% of people are totally on board with this NWO agenda there are still some who aren't. I'm as guilty as anyone of spending hours online refilling my disgust when I could be doing things to improve my situation. Yes, your home country can be terrible and frustrating but is there something you can at least try? Even if it doesn't work?

But I also understand the hopelessness that can come with realizing that the outlook of the people have been shaped and warped by media influences, and it can feel like you are living in a land of zombies. The urge to escape less you become one can be incredibly strong.

Wherever you are, you have to make the best of it. So many fall into the trap of hating their own country and then despising different things about the new place - often elements that are more to do with attachment they have with their own country.

I can confess I fell into this trap. I lived in Japan, and I was sick of how conformist everyone was. Nobody having an opinion. People just saying set phrases or parroting the common things everyone thinks and says. It was also a place I saw as quite sterile and lifeless. Tokyo appeared to me like a society engineered for people to behave more like robots - checking in at refill stations such as convenience stores/restaurants before scuttling back to work or to a box of an apartment. Of course, this ideal for individuals with thoughts and opinions was my Western mindset judging the communal Japanese.

I remember being so full of hate, of rage for this country - why was everyone so mind-numbingy dull? And the expat community irked me as well. All these smug people thinking they are oh so interesting because Japanese fawn all over every word they say.

But this hatred was within me when I transplanted over to Canada for different reasons. Though of course, I found the falseness of people quite familiar.

Now I am back home in covid times, I'm judging countries for very different reasons. It's become less about, 'where can I thrive?' and more 'where can I survive?'

Whether this leads to better decision making in regards to moving, I don't know. None of us truly know what will happen next.

Last edited:

Tippy

Woodpecker
The other thing I wanted to say on this topic is sometimes you just have to reality test what ultimately end up being delusions to free yourself from them. It's sometimes the only way to do so.

From my experience, whatever personal problems you have get amplified when living abroad. But I know people who settled down and were perhaps happy, I don't know.

BLMeToo

Sparrow
Anyone have any experience immigrating to Latin America? I'm thinking Colombia or Ecuador. B1 level Spanish proficiency, without a terribly thick American accent (it's still there, but I can roll my R's like a champ). Middle Eastern heritage, I look like (((them))), but I'm a devout Catholic. How possible would it be for me to integrate into society and not be treated like a dumb gringo?

stugatz

Pelican
OP, I can definitely say that if you want to have an easy time learning the language, don't move to Hungary - that language is a nightmare and has limited connection to other languages in Eastern Europe. Although Polish is far from an easy language (not sure about Bulgarian).

I myself would consider moving to Slovakia. I'm about a quarter Slovak, for what that's worth, have heard good things about Bratislava as a city that hasn't gotten too large yet. (That language is no picnic either. Probably good, though, more legwork to entry means less people moving there.)

Pantheon

Robin
Orthodox
I went to Latvia from Sweden. It's not exactly a "Christian" country like Poland or Russia, but here are some pros and cons:

+ Biggest Russian population in the EU
+ Good place to learn Russian and close to Russia
+ Lot's of Orthodox churches
+ All its Christian denominations are based
+ No immigrants
+ Safe streets
+ Very nationalistic and overall conservative population
+ Mild climate with lot's of forest
+ Beautiful women
+ Riga is a beautiful city
+ Cheap living costs

- Politically very EU-friendly and Russo phobic
- Not as based as Russia, Poland and Hungary
- Insane corona-measures
- Economy is not very good and currency is not very strong
- Imported products and international brands are expensive
- Housing and living standards not as good as Western Europe.

fortyfive

Woodpecker
Guys, honestly, what are you expecting by moving to the east EU? What would be the gain?
I don't want to discourage you, but I'm living here all my life and traveled around EE from south Greece to the north Baltic many times, and people here generally are leaving to the west if possible, not vice-versa.

You wouldn't escape covid insanity by moving here. Local politicians are crooked, corrupted, servile EU puppets. All of them. Many of them former commies. Freedom is an unknown word for them.

Yes, the population is more conservative overall, women are prettier and less "independent" than in the west, but the government system is rotten to the core. Many people depressive and cynical, American ideas and values as freedom, individualism are strange to them totally.

I don't think, the grass is greener here.

stugatz

Pelican
Guys, honestly, what are you expecting by moving to the east EU? What would be the gain?
I don't want to discourage you, but I'm living here all my life and traveled around EE from south Greece to the north Baltic many times, and people here generally are leaving to the west if possible, not vice-versa.

You wouldn't escape covid insanity by moving here. Local politicians are crooked, corrupted, servile EU puppets. All of them. Many of them former commies. Freedom is an unknown word for them.

Yes, the population is more conservative overall, women are prettier and less "independent" than in the west, but the government system is rotten to the core. Many people depressive and cynical, American ideas and values as freedom, individualism are strange to them totally.

I think men just want to live in a country where the men aren't all a bunch of soy chugging waifs, and the women act like women. They also live in fear of stuff like rampant homosexuality and the tranny agenda...race riots getting more and more common is a big stress source, too. On top of that, Christianity is openly hated in the West now and it's going to get harder and harder in the future to practice your faith. (Not so, or at least not as much, in Eastern Europe - it seems there that the population still has enough memory of the USSR to respect Christianity for the time being.)

You're right though, that leaving the first world also results in you losing first-world bureaucracy. I can tell you that when living in Morocco, the public services were insanely corrupt and I couldn't even think of criticizing the king as a foreigner. However, I felt more comfortable expressing myself there than I ever did in the United States, and had some inherent "foreigner" status. It may be different in Eastern Europe.

Last edited:

fortyfive

Woodpecker
I can tell you that when living in Morocco, the public services were insanely corrupt and I couldn't even think of criticizing the king as a foreigner.
Then you will maybe like it here.
Low-level bureaucracy here is not openly corrupted as in third-world or Balkan countries. They have to pretend to be good EU officials serving people. And gov office workers are mostly just little cowards, scared to lose easy work, they won't ask you of anything.

Also, you can criticize politicians openly, 90% of posts on social media are hateful towards gov, people despise them truly.

stugatz

Pelican
Then you will maybe like it here.
Low-level bureaucracy here is not openly corrupted as in third-world or Balkan countries. They have to pretend to be good EU officials serving people. And gov office workers are mostly just little cowards, scared to lose easy work, they won't ask you of anything.

Also, you can criticize politicians openly, 90% of posts on social media are hateful towards gov, people despise them truly.
I'd say that Morocco was definitely developed enough where I'd say it was borderline first world. Although there were some major quirks that make it not quite there - every piece of mail I ever got from my mother had been opened. I had to tell her to never send me money or packages. I also had major problems getting my visa renewed, and my program advisors all but told me they had to bribe a few people to speed the process up.

Main problem though - I couldn't make close friends, because they tended to want me to accompany them to mosque. I got the feeling that if I ever lived there I'd never be able to get close to anyone unless I decided to convert to Islam, which is a non-starter for me.

EDIT: Christianity was in an odd spot there. It was allowed and tolerated, but not liked - you saw no Arab/Berber Christians there, only black Africans, French expats, and foreign students. I figured that if there was ever some kind of Islamic fundamentalist resurgence there, it would make living there uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Bah, politicians being corrupt is a given anywhere in the world. Covid insanity will end as soon as they vaccine enough people. "Freedom" hasn't existed in the USA for half a century at least. Individualism is weakness, easy to break one stick, much harder to break a bundle. "Freedom" and "Individualism" is why the middle class is eroding and pays 90% of the taxes, labor unions got destroyed and/or taken over and subverted. Those people leaving are the same type of people who move to my home city of Los Angeles, and knowing a great many of these types who come from all over the world, I can safely say, you are better off without them. Most seem to be the most shallow, worst types of people.

Feyoder

Kingfisher
There is a high likelihood of the situation in Ukraine escalating into a full-blown war. In that case, this would be one of the worst countries to move to.

Also, dropping 100k on a property in UA or even leaving it in one of the awfully corrupt banks is a terrible idea IMO.

Stats

Woodpecker
Anyone have any experience immigrating to Latin America? I'm thinking Colombia or Ecuador. B1 level Spanish proficiency, without a terribly thick American accent (it's still there, but I can roll my R's like a champ). Middle Eastern heritage, I look like (((them))), but I'm a devout Catholic. How possible would it be for me to integrate into society and not be treated like a dumb gringo?
I moved to colombia 3.5 years ago. I am content. I started with 0 spanish. now I can blend in. I would not recommend moving if you need a regular (not online local) job. but if youre smart you can basically retire on around 300k usd.

Curranty there is blood in the streets here so more opportunity but more risk (for wealthy people) with the next election.

I could criticise a lot here... I am focussing on the above two sections. Moving within one's own country is not in any way comparable to being a foreigner inside of EE/elsewhere at all, where you do get discriminated against even if you're white looking. I have seen it with so many friends. There is also the language barrier as well as culture. Having lived stateside you can't compare movement within the US to moving outside of it.

Also:

The above article is about how 40% of US citizens dont even have 400$ to spare. Not everyone who is poor is worthless, they sometimes have had their parents/themselves screwed by the system owned by the banker, hence WHY they are poor. Putting up a shelf company for residency purposes isn't as easy as you think, depending on the country, and sometimes not at all.

I do agree people should not be discouraged from leaving the States/Anglosphere/etc and moving elsewhere. I think more people would if they could. But you do need money to check different places out before deciding a country to settle in and at least some savings, which some worthwhile people dont have. There are many other difficulties too. Its just a reality for many people. We already live in a period of economic 'elitism' where only a few people can afford to do this, outside of the psychopathic 'elites', and the countries the remainder would have a choice of moving to aren't always that great, Ive known many expats, it gets harder year by year and its a lifestyle for a guy who is older who has a lot of savings and not younger guys necessarily who want to move and are stating out in life/older guys who have been screwed by the 'system'/etc. You're just speaking of your own limited personal experience and then generalising that all people are in positions like yourself, which is not true. That is not your fault or responsibility, but it is just the viewpoint/advice you offer is limited to a very small group of people and there are many worthwhile people out there outside of that group.
I'm young and have savings. Definitely more than a few grand. I just didn't waste money on useless crap for a couple years. It was pretty easy. Saved $500 by buying a lower end phone. Don't have any desire to watch the sewer that is cable so there's another 30 a month times 20+. Didn't lease a new car every 5 years because I've had a fancy car before and it's not that big of a deal really so I just bought one that was dependable and cheap instead. Moved back in with parent because why spend 1500 a month on a shithole in a shithole? To bang girls? Most don't care really, my room is pretty separate from the rest anyway. At the end of the day most USA girls under 30 just want someone attractive, and 80% of guys in the US put 0 effort and are slovenly and overweight, I'm not so all I really need to do is smile at them.

In fact the whole reason I want to leave the USA is to start a life, find a decent woman who is actually marriageable and not indoctrinated with a slew of mental issues and start a family in a country whose native population hasn't been brainwashed to hate itself to the point where it welcomes it's own extinction.

The main thing I'm worried about is being able to stay permanently, how long it might take to become fluent in the language, and which country to choose. I think I have enough to get by with no income for a few years in most countries east of germany if it takes that long to settle in. I will look like everyone else but I'm not sure I'll be able to learn the accent. Hopefully I can.

Last edited:

PixelFree

Kingfisher
If there was no cultural hurdle my list would be like this:

1) Hungary
2) Armenia
3) Georgia
4) Ukraine

But due to the cultural hurdle my no. 1 is Ukraine. I'll be starting that journey in a few days and it is not going to be easy.

Any updates on your journey?

Would love to hear how it is going.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Any updates on your journey?

Would love to hear how it is going.

I posted my extreme hurdles on this on the form. I had to get out of Ukraine after one week. The current location in my bio is correct.

But I am planning to head north(-east) in July, with a slightly larger vocabulary.

Tippy

Woodpecker
In these types of threads there is a lot of confirmation bias.

Expats will act like the US is an unlivable waste land and people unable to move will denounce expatriation as a dead end. The truth, as always, is more complex. But neither side is outright wrong.

aynrus

Pelican
Best to stay where you live, visually blend in, same race as majority, and align with local values/base locals....going to all these foreign countries is crazy, I'm saying it as someone who lived almost entire adult life overseas away from home country and gotv more than one citizenship. And if someone is moving where they're different race/don't visually blend in...that's triple crazy...I mean call it what it is, an adventure and trouble-seeking but at times like now especially it is bad, crazy thing to do. Crime will probably be increasing everywhere and it's very high in most of these potential relocation countries already, they can just revert back to the 90s when it was hell on earth as I remember it and one could be kidnapped off the street any time without reprecussions. Better stay in your country and relocate to a different region where people are more base.

Maddox

Woodpecker
Best to stay where you live, visually blend in, same race as majority, and align with local values/base locals....going to all these foreign countries is crazy, I'm saying it as someone who lived almost entire adult life overseas away from home country and gotv more than one citizenship. And if someone is moving where they're different race/don't visually blend in...that's triple crazy...I mean call it what it is, an adventure and trouble-seeking but at times like now especially it is bad, crazy thing to do. Crime will probably be increasing everywhere and it's very high in most of these potential relocation countries already, they can just revert back to the 90s when it was hell on earth as I remember it and one could be kidnapped off the street any time without reprecussions. Better stay in your country and relocate to a different region where people are more base.

I can understand advising guys not to move to some 3rd world hell hole right now just to be able to afford rent. You very well could end up in a situation that's very unlikable. However, the West seems to get worse and worse every year and it's scary to think about where we might be headed with Satan-worshippers running the show.

And on top of that, I don't even have a girlfriend I can use as my rock to get me through this nightmare.

I see a lot of posts of guys telling other guys to just stick it out where they are now. And that makes me wonder if these guys are already married, have kids, and a nice home that they've put a lot of work into.

For those of us who are still single, middle-aged, and without any friends or family in our area, the West can be a real hellhole. I don't think some of you know exactly how hard it is to date in this environment these days. The church is your only hope as every other secular woman is looking for Mr. Perfect. It's completely jaded me and I've finally reached the end of my patience with the dating scene. Now I just want out. Heck, I'm already pissed at myself for staying here so long, wasting the last best years of my life hoping for things to change.