Best Church Denominations for Red Pill Men

There are some Protestants who take the position that Catholics go to hell. I do not hold to that position. I do not believe God would throw a Christian into hell over a doctrinal error.
The Catholic Church today does not teach that Protestants go to hell. However, it is interesting that this is contrary to what the Catholic Church traditionally taught. The Catholic Church used to teach that Protestants went to hell. After the Second Vatican Council, the Catholic Church became more accepting of Protestantism. Now they teach that Protestants are "separated brethren." I don't know as much about the Eastern Orthodox position on this. Can somebody who is Eastern Orthodox provide more explanation of this?

God gave us the Orthodox Church to assist us in the path to salvation. To use an analogy, heaven is like a mountaintop that everyone wants to get to. And the Orthodox Church is a guided trail with provisions for the journey. Without the trail (the Bible), the guides (fellow Christians past and present), and the provisions (the sacraments), one will be less prepared to make it to the top. The Church is the normal route.

Of course, some people who have all the resources will still fail to make use of them, choosing hell instead. And there is no rule saying those who lack the best resources cannot make it to the top. The Samaritans were wrong certain things; they worshipped in the wrong place instead of belonging to the Old Testament Church. As Christ told the Samaritan woman, "salvation is of the Jews." But this didn't stop him from telling the parable of the good Samaritan, pointing to a non-Jew as an example of a godly life.

I'm a little uncomfortable writing this because I don't want to give the impression that it doesn't matter if one joins the church or not, or the equally wrong impression that it's a simple "Orthodox=saved" formula. What About the Non-Orthodox? The Exclusive Claims of the Church by Fr. David Tillman is worth a read for those interested. And of course, Matthew 25:31-end.

Aboulia

Robin
There are some Protestants who take the position that Catholics go to hell. I do not hold to that position. I do not believe God would throw a Christian into hell over a doctrinal error.
The Catholic Church today does not teach that Protestants go to hell. However, it is interesting that this is contrary to what the Catholic Church traditionally taught. The Catholic Church used to teach that Protestants went to hell. After the Second Vatican Council, the Catholic Church became more accepting of Protestantism. Now they teach that Protestants are "separated brethren." I don't know as much about the Eastern Orthodox position on this. Can somebody who is Eastern Orthodox provide more explanation of this?

What Emperor Constantine said is good, with the addition to the analogy, that while God dwells at the mountaintop, It isn't God that sends a person to hell, it's their own unwillingness to climb the mountain to reach God, they instead declare the point where they're at to be the mountain's peak, or deny that there is a mountain altogether, and thus choose to remain in hell. Since you're Protestant, I recommend you read C.S Lewis' "The Great Divorce" to get a good idea of this, Lewis, although an Anglican, had many views compatible with Orthodoxy

"I'm not sure that I've got the exact point you are trying to make," said the Ghost.

"I am not trying to make any point," said the Spirit. "I am telling you to repent and believe."

"But my dear boy, I believe already. We may not be perfectly agreed, but you have completely misjudged me if you do not realise that my religion is a very real and a very precious thing to me."

"Very well," said the other, as if changing his plan. "Will you believe in me?"

"In what sense?"

"Will you come with me to the mountains? It will hurt at first, until your feet are hardened. Reality is harsh to the feet of shadows. But will you come?

I have heard people criticize Mark Driscoll for using profanity and explicit sexual language in his sermons. However, the times I have heard Driscoll speaking his language was clean. Are the stories about foul language true?

Not thus far, but I can’t say for certain. Have only watched 15 sermons or so at this point

What if the "doctrinal error" was supporting homosexuality? Allowing contraception? Favoring usury?

Doctrine matters.

I said he won't throw a Christian into hell over a doctrinal error. A person who rejects Christ outright is bound to go to hell. The difficult question is whether a doctrinal error is so serious that it renders a person a non-Christian. I am not even sure that contraception and usury are sins; if they are, I don't think that they would be serious enough to cause someone to go to hell. Homosexuality is explicitly condemned in the Scriptures; someone who supports that in a manner that is inconsistent with Scripture is probably not Christian.

My position, which is the Protestant position, is that faith in Christ is what saves. A Christian person won't go to hell just because he sinned; he will go to hell if he rejects Christ. If you don't go to hell just because you coveted your neighbor's money one afternoon, or you used a curse word, or you lusted for few minutes right after you woke up in the morning, I'm not sure why a theological sin would necessarily cause you to go to hell either. A theological sin can be forgiven just as other types of sins can be forgiven.

dalford

A lot of churches put their services online as either videos or audiogfiles, so you can learn what they do before you go. Unfortunately, I've not found much to my liking. Most of what I hear either sounds cliched or like Dr. Phil's self-help pablum.

Back in the 2000s, I used to be able to pick up the late-night signal of a distant radio station that broadcast sermons by a preacher who called himself "The Old Trailblazer." This, I liked. The guy sounded like he was about 100 years old and from the Deep South, but I remember him making some larger points about the bible>today's world I thought were perceptive.
Albert Pendarvis is more commonly known as The Old Trailblazer which is the name of a Christian radio broadcast on which he is heard.

My hyper-spoilt Aunt ran away from home when she was a teenager to marry a swarthy south-african hitman, though they later both returned to my country as Mormons. Whenever we'd go to visit, my Father would sing long songs during the journey there mocking Lindy Chamberlin - 'a dingo took my baby' - who was currently in the news at the time, and then say, sternly "Now, whatever you do, don't sing that in front of your Aunt". He knew exactly what he was doing.

Even when I was young, what my Uncle would tell me seemed a special kind of weird. This video is on point:

Fun fact, my great aunt and her second husband used to distribute tapes for Jeremiah Films. They both made an appearance in Witness At Your Door, and their little dog also shows up chasing two Witnesses off into the sunset.