Best Comic Books

bucky

Ostrich
I've never heard of Cleburne. Sounds interesting. Thanks for recommending the Batman story to me too, I'd like to check that one out too.

LeBeau

Ostrich
Gold Member
The Court of Owls saga with Batman was a unique concept, though the writers could have explored the implications further for Gotham.

Last edited:

bucky

Ostrich
This is not exactly on topic, but I didn't feel like starting another thread. I came across this in one of my FB comic book groups. Apparently the "90-pound woman beating up tough guys with ease" trope is a lot older than we thought. If only we'd sent an Army of cute chicks against the Axis, surely the war would have been over much sooner.

camera_comics.jpg

bucky

Ostrich
Once again didn't feel like starting a new thread, but the sudden collapse of the crypto market over the last week got me wondering whether the comic book market might collapse in a similar manner sometime soon. I suspect guys into comics on RVF are in the minority, but if there are any more of you out there, what do you think? I've got a few of the comics listed here:

None of them are anywhere near mint, but they're still worth a few thousand dollars each. One is a favorite I'd be reluctant to sell unless I were desperate so I'll hold on to that, but I've been thinking of cashing out the others. I reason that the superhero craze has been going on for over 20 years now and can't last forever. Although on the other hand, prices for key comics and other stupid stuff I love like vintage G.I. Joe toys have just kept going up since the COVID lockdowns and the resulting economic downturn, so who knows. Nothing makes much sense anymore.

Easy_C

Peacock
Yes and now. Collectibles are in high demand right now and it's being driven by the ultra wealthy.

Reason why: You can't hop on a plane with 50k in Gold anywhere. Doing so will get you stopped. You CAN hop on the plane with a collectible comic book or other item worth that much and there is a basically 0% chance any airport grunt will know what it is or what you're up to.