Best Countries To Sit This Out In?

ginsu

Robin
another big question is how will the economic fall out of the next lockdowns run throughout the world. It sounds good to move somewhere less relevant but that also means less secure economy. You dont want to be in a place as the first target ''rich'' outsider when people are starving for food. Moving into an area where there is an abundance of food production locally is probably the most important. Together with a friendly atmosphere / working together like kona said. High amount of space and nature per person. Small government/police presence. We might be better of in our own home countries in the ''redneck'' farmer areas than we would be in a big city in the countries we look to escape to.

I'm thinking these things are to be considered first and preferable to just avoiding lockdowns. Which place would you be okay to live in for a few years if the entire world was locked down and getting hit with economic fallout. No way out. Someplace like hawaii doesn't sound so bad. Sun and swimming can make you forget everything that is going on temporarily too. Stress management is very important, people can become sick just from that alone.

LeoniusD

Woodpecker
No restrictions whatsoever only happened in few countries.

Belarus top spot
Iceland also had nothing closed

In Japan everything is voluntary so you can live muzzlefree in bliss.

Though you have to remember that travel will be tricky once those forced vaccinations are rolled out - entering a plane might be impossible without your vaccination ID, entering a border might be impossible without quarantine - who knows what they come up with.

Waiting out the fake stupid second wave is one thing - the question is what comes afterwards.

bucky

Pelican
That may be true, but I’d given up on the west as a whole, with the exception of Switzerland. Switzerland always seemed to be a safe haven to me, but you need to make good money to live there.
I spent a summer in Switzerland when I was in my twenties. To be honest, I was bored out of my mind most of the time. It's beautiful, but everyone goes to bed early and is very focused on work. I'd probably love it though now, as a family man with small children.

I hear it mentioned on RVF as a place to move to from time to time, but I don't imagine you can just go there and they give you residency. Maybe I'm wrong.

Enigma

Hummingbird
Gold Member
As far as I know, Serbia was one of the first countries to reopen. Georgia was supposed to reopen on July 1st, but pushed it back a month.

I've heard from Russians that there aren't actually any quarantines outside of Moscow (and possible Petersburg?) and that people aren't wearing masks in other cities. But travel to the country is obviously restricted.

From following the news in Southeast Asia, it seems like they're all focused on creating "travel bubbles" with other Asian countries in the region -- and possibly New Zealand/Australia.

As I've pointed out before, having an American passport is going to be a major restriction on travel in the coming months.

I spent a summer in Switzerland when I was in my twenties. To be honest, I was bored out of my mind most of the time. It's beautiful, but everyone goes to bed early and is very focused on work. I'd probably love it though now, as a family man with small children.

I hear it mentioned on RVF as a place to move to from time to time, but I don't imagine you can just go there and they give you residency. Maybe I'm wrong.
Residency isn’t that bad. Live there for 5 years and speak basic French/Italian/German. You’ll be halfway towards one of the worlds best passports at that point.

bucky

Pelican
Residency isn’t that bad. Live there for 5 years and speak basic French/Italian/German. You’ll be halfway towards one of the worlds best passports at that point.
Better than I thought, but still, unless I'm misunderstanding you'd have to find some way to live there for five years without work permission. That wouldn't be easy even in some less expensive part of the world like EE or Latin America. Switzerland is ridiculously expensive, so I'd imagine you'd need at least a half million USD saved up to pull this off. Alternatively, maybe you're allowed to do online work, I don't know.

Also, IIRC they passed a law a few years ago criminalizing any criticism of homosexuality, which might be a problem for RVF guys. Not to mention for raising children there.

Hillbilly

Pigeon
Like many, im sure, Corona has absolutely destroyed my plans for this year.

I had hoped to return to Ukraine & embark on a 3 month daily Russian class, with a view to building a future if not there, then in one of the former Soviet States.

Now i'm just waiting things out, watching the situation from afar, waiting for the wind to turn. My Ukrainian friend gives me updates, & it doesnt sound good right now. Perhaps this will improve in coming month or so, perhaps the much vaunted 'second wave' will strike in Autumn and the situation will go from bad to worse. Impossible to know, but all things considered I dont trust their govt, or the competency of their regulations.

I am considering perhaps Romania, as a cheap option, with beautiful countryside and (apparently) nice small towns, rather than the major cities. Given i have passable Spanish the language may well be easier to pick up, so learning some basics whilst there could keep me occupied. Then when things improve i will be well situated to move East, or find that i like it enough to stay and maybe build a life there.

I try not to get too bogged dwon with following this whole saga, it changes so often, and involves so much skullduggery, mischief making & frankly pretty transparent agendas.

Do people think that it will last into next year ?

Way I see it, is it will be used to lockdown / punishment beat / antagonise the US pop, at very least, in the run up to November's election. I cant imagine its just a flash in the pan, especially considering how potent a tool politically it is for manipulating the public.
What passport(s) do you have and where are you currently located? This makes a big difference. From what I understand, Americans not already in the EU are banned from entering the EU due to our poor effort and poor results in containing the spread of COVID-19.

I think Taiwan and Vietnam are pretty much closed off to all foreign passports. Australia and New Zealand might be the same way.

If you're an American in the US, I would probably recommend leaving as soon as you feasibly can because as our new cases, hospitalizations, and deaths climb, our options of countries to go to will dwindle as more countries ban us.

iop890

Crow
Gold Member
I believe you can get into the EU from the US by traveling in multiple steps. For example, flying to, and entering, Ukraine and then flying to Poland from there.

bucky

Pelican
What passport(s) do you have and where are you currently located? This makes a big difference. From what I understand, Americans not already in the EU are banned from entering the EU due to our poor effort and poor results in containing the spread of COVID-19.

I think Taiwan and Vietnam are pretty much closed off to all foreign passports. Australia and New Zealand might be the same way.

If you're an American in the US, I would probably recommend leaving as soon as you feasibly can because as our new cases, hospitalizations, and deaths climb, our options of countries to go to will dwindle as more countries ban us.
It's my understanding that deaths are not increasing dramatically, and are actually decreasing as the virus bumps off the tiny percentage of the population that is actually in danger from it. Infections are supposedly up, but who cares. The virus doesn't actually do anything to most people it infects and if it does, it's usually like a mild cold.

The panic you see in places like the EU and Canada is due to the fact that they have even more goodwhites than the US and are even more likely to believe the TV, in spite of the conspicuous lack of corpses piling up in the street. To paraphrase Peak Stupidity, if this were really a plague, would we still be arguing about whether or not it's a plague several months in?

Great article here from medical Dr. Ron Paul about the situation:

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arc.../29/the-media-is-lying-about-the-second-wave/

Hillbilly

Pigeon
This article names the countries Americans can travel to directly: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...americans-safely-visit-this-summer-cvd/#close

"For now, the 14 greenlighted countries are Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, and Uruguay. In-transit passengers and long-term E.U. residents are among the handful of exceptions."

I think that's not totally accurate though, because I believe Americans allowed into Canada are supposed to travel directly from the lower 48 to Alaska and vice versa. They're not supposed to detour to Banff and elsewhere like some are doing. I read where some got fined and maybe even arrested all the way over in the Maritimes.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
This article names the countries Americans can travel to directly: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...americans-safely-visit-this-summer-cvd/#close

"For now, the 14 greenlighted countries are Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, and Uruguay. In-transit passengers and long-term E.U. residents are among the handful of exceptions."

I think that's not totally accurate though, because I believe Americans allowed into Canada are supposed to travel directly from the lower 48 to Alaska and vice versa. They're not supposed to detour to Banff and elsewhere like some are doing. I read where some got fined and maybe even arrested all the way over in the Maritimes.
American can fly into Canada. They can also use the Alaska loophole, but I would not recommend it.

Canada's west has been pretty good overall. Tourism is waaaay down, which has been a blessing of sorts. I am up in the northern Rockies right now visiting family, and for the first time in 30 years I was able to take highway 93 Parkway over the pass to my families. Normally its not possible due to all the international tourists that clog it up. But this year it was wide open and damn it was beautiful. We even stopped and did an easy 4k hike and watched a snow squall build over the ice fields (headwater for the Columbia River and the Athabasca River). Unreal.

Talking with family up here, the community has banded together to keep some businesses floating. Some they just let go under, but others all the retired moms and dads would descend upon a place run by their kids or friends and buy what they could. Mom has all sorts of things here that she would not buy normally but did because one of her friends would call her up, "Karen's son's business is struggling, we are getting some people together to go and give him some help!" and off they would go.

People in Vancouver have been doing this to some degree as well, which was good to see. Its a big city so community isn't as strong, but there was some of this happening. And as far as work, my business didn't get a single call for a month, so I made some calls and started taking on some side welding jobs to keep going. Now my metal fabrication side business is going hard and work is flooding in.

Our government still seems to be staying mostly out of the way which is good. They want a majority government, so this is their opportunity. They are not testing anyone unless they have all the symptoms, so our over all cases are way down. We had two outbreaks at strip clubs here recently and they just told the guys to watch for symptoms and if they have any, isolate for a week. If they get real sick, then go to the hospital to get tested.

bucky

Pelican
American can fly into Canada. They can also use the Alaska loophole, but I would not recommend it.

Canada's west has been pretty good overall. Tourism is waaaay down, which has been a blessing of sorts. I am up in the northern Rockies right now visiting family, and for the first time in 30 years I was able to take highway 93 Parkway over the pass to my families. Normally its not possible due to all the international tourists that clog it up. But this year it was wide open and damn it was beautiful. We even stopped and did an easy 4k hike and watched a snow squall build over the ice fields (headwater for the Columbia River and the Athabasca River). Unreal.

Talking with family up here, the community has banded together to keep some businesses floating. Some they just let go under, but others all the retired moms and dads would descend upon a place run by their kids or friends and buy what they could. Mom has all sorts of things here that she would not buy normally but did because one of her friends would call her up, "Karen's son's business is struggling, we are getting some people together to go and give him some help!" and off they would go.

People in Vancouver have been doing this to some degree as well, which was good to see. Its a big city so community isn't as strong, but there was some of this happening. And as far as work, my business didn't get a single call for a month, so I made some calls and started taking on some side welding jobs to keep going. Now my metal fabrication side business is going hard and work is flooding in.

Our government still seems to be staying mostly out of the way which is good. They want a majority government, so this is their opportunity. They are not testing anyone unless they have all the symptoms, so our over all cases are way down. We had two outbreaks at strip clubs here recently and they just told the guys to watch for symptoms and if they have any, isolate for a week. If they get real sick, then go to the hospital to get tested.
Is it being handled differently in Quebec? I've always found the dichotomy between English-speaking Canada, especially the west, and Quebec fascinating. I knew some Canadians from Alberta in college and noticed that they tended to roll their eyes and grit their teeth whenever Quebec was mentioned. A right-wing Canadian author I used to read a lot once called the relationship with Quebec "our bad French marriage" and explained how Quebec drags the whole country to the left politically, because apparently it's almost impossible to win a national election without somewhat pandering to the French speakers.

LeoniusD

Woodpecker
Serbia and Georgia had stricter restrictions than Poland.
Serbia just had massive protests after the cucks declared a full covid lockdown and even weekend curfew.

Forget Eastern Europe - most countries are cucked beyond belief. The only advantage is that you may be able to travel through to Belarus from there. Sweden proved to be the better choice and Denmark opened up everything - literally everything from schools, clubs to shops without masks - within a few weeks after the initial lockdowns. So Denmark and Sweden are more sane than the supposed more right-wing Eastern Europeans. The reason is due to the command structure of those countries. SEAsia is also hit and miss with huge restrictions in many areas remaining in place.

They are already planning a second lockdown with this bullshit - even if by logic this "virus" will remain around for the end of time, so there won't be any winning here unless your winning means taking 2 Gates-vaccines every year.

The best options as far as predictive planning goes remain:

Iceland
Japan
Belarus
Rural remote pockets here and there will exist everywhere, so you might as well bunker down there instead of going to those place.

And potential positive surprises may still be:
Sweden
Denmark

Anything else is hit and miss with some US states possibly being left in peace.

scotian

Crow
Gold Member
Is it being handled differently in Quebec? I've always found the dichotomy between English-speaking Canada, especially the west, and Quebec fascinating. I knew some Canadians from Alberta in college and noticed that they tended to roll their eyes and grit their teeth whenever Quebec was mentioned. A right-wing Canadian author I used to read a lot once called the relationship with Quebec "our bad French marriage" and explained how Quebec drags the whole country to the left politically, because apparently it's almost impossible to win a national election without somewhat pandering to the French speakers.
Don’t listen to an Albertan when they’re whining about Quebec, most have never been there and they just parrot what politicians and local media says, which is often justified but the Quebec hate is too much IMO, I think it’s the best part of Canada. Quebec’s influence is waning and elections can be won without them (Harper did in 2011) but obviously it’s better to get their votes.

I agree with Laner, things are pretty normal for me in Canada both in Alberta and BC where I started working over a week ago, not many people wear masks and most stores/restaurants are open. It’s actually really busy at work because the oil companies want to get pipelines built ASAP while the Covid restrictions are in place.

yeppels

Sparrow
For all of you talking about Japan, you will be ostracized for not wearing a mask. They have a "mask culture", where they will wear a mask when they have the slightest cold/sickness during normal times, and especially now during corona.

"The typical Japanese citizen goes through 43 masks per year". And that's during non-corona times. They're doing this because they lost 500,000 people to the Spanish flu 100 years ago so they don't mess around with easily transmittable diseases on a tiny island with a very dense population.

Better than I thought, but still, unless I'm misunderstanding you'd have to find some way to live there for five years without work permission. That wouldn't be easy even in some less expensive part of the world like EE or Latin America. Switzerland is ridiculously expensive, so I'd imagine you'd need at least a half million USD saved up to pull this off. Alternatively, maybe you're allowed to do online work, I don't know.

Also, IIRC they passed a law a few years ago criminalizing any criticism of homosexuality, which might be a problem for RVF guys. Not to mention for raising children there.
I’m not sure if online work counts, but that’d be great. This whole Covid thing has made people realize working from home is legit, so that’s a plus.
Yea, you won’t be able to criticize gays, but they’ll probably be the only ones standing if WWIII happens. Trade offs.

Max Roscoe

Woodpecker
Though you have to remember that travel will be tricky once those forced vaccinations are rolled out - entering a plane might be impossible without your vaccination ID, entering a border might be impossible without quarantine - who knows what they come up with.
Technology is a double edged sword. I'm terrified of vaccination ID in principle, but thrilled that it will likely be a high tech solution. As a general rule, it's far easier to spoof things in a high tech system than a low tech one. There will be ways of obtaining a digital permission to travel without getting actually injected with anything.

Remember the film Gattaca? The Ethan Hawke character was able to completely live under the persona of the Jude Law character, precisely because the high tech credentials swiped at a checkpoint identified him as a member of an elite class, and no one ever questioned his identity. In a lower tech world, people might question things like "Hey, your name is Muhammad but you have blonde hair?" or "hey you don't really look 37". To a machine, there are only two possible outcomes: pass or fail. Yes or no. One or zero. You are allowed on the plane with a credential is presented or you are not. And there are plenty of Jude Law surrogates that can provide the credentials needed for a vaccine ID if it comes to that.

A bonus is that under clown world rules, even if someone noticed something suspicious like your sex or race doesn't match your credentials, they probably have to ignore it cuz trannies :laughter::cool: