Best Countries To Sit This Out In?

powerline

The Southeastern US is surprisingly not too bad (not including cities or Florida ). There's not alot to do if you if you dont like outdoors stuff but most people dont really care about Corona and places are open for the most part. Its also beautiful county and the heat keeps away NYC or cali people.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Is it being handled differently in Quebec? I've always found the dichotomy between English-speaking Canada, especially the west, and Quebec fascinating. I knew some Canadians from Alberta in college and noticed that they tended to roll their eyes and grit their teeth whenever Quebec was mentioned. A right-wing Canadian author I used to read a lot once called the relationship with Quebec "our bad French marriage" and explained how Quebec drags the whole country to the left politically, because apparently it's almost impossible to win a national election without somewhat pandering to the French speakers.
There is certainly a lot of unfounded hate toward the Quebecois. But a lot of it is warranted, too.

When I first went to Quebec I compared it to 1950's Canada. Its a white ethnostate outside of Montreal and pretty tight knit. A guy can still raise a family on a carpenters wage working 30 hours a week. He has a stay at home wife and 3 kids, a summer cottage and maybe even a winter cottage at the mountain for some skiing. A lot of their lifestyle is funded by transfer payments from the West, and they vote complete opposite of the west, so it pisses us off. Can't blame them though, they prop up governments because they pander their leftist policies to them, and give them the great lifestyle. We have another French 'leader' right now, and if it wasn't for the French, Canada would have had a conservative government.

Quebec is a great place. A classic political example of the 'squeaky wheel gets the grease'.

Dallas Winston

Ostrich
Gold Member
Initially i was thinking of eastern europe to escape to, Poland, Hungary, Ukraine etc.. the problem being i think, is that once the globohomoists consolidate 100% power in the USA and Western Europe, the anti white, anti christian, and anti nationalists amongst them will go after Eastern Europe. They will use all the levers of powers available to them to turn them to the sodom side of the force. Eastern European countries may hunker down and form their own bloc, or even turn to Russia if the homo vibes from the USA get too authoritarian. Though i don't believe they can hold out against such forces.

Geographically they have always been historically compromised and that they can never change. Stuck between the globohomo west, surging Islamic/3rd world populations amongst a decaying western europe and a stagnant demographically compromised russia is never a great place to be. I would not be surprised if in 20 years that proxy wars develop there and the call to war stateside will be because a country like Poland doesn't have gay marriage and doesn't allow mass migration. They are too white and homogenous. The future mulattos and POC that will control the USA from top to bottom, as well as the demographic majority will consider the polish nazis that must be browned, book on it.

SEA on the otherhand is too close to China, which brings its owns liabilities, like possible future annexations, wars, or proximal authoritarian rule.

I believe South America, maybe Chile or Argentina, because they are more European in their makeup are the best bets for long term safety from various possible civil or international wars, looming western 1984 style governments, Islamic and or chinese powerplays in various regions and the upcoming purges in western nations of right wing/dissident individuals and groups. South America just seems far enough, unimportant enough and poor enough for them to be left alone the longest.
This is assuming our side loses and globohomo wins. I've mentioned this a few times in the past, but we're currently in a "4th Turning" seasonal part of history. These turnings are repeating and fairly predictable, in terms of what vibe history is in, going all the way back to the 1400s in Anglo history. Turning periods last about 20 years, and all 4 of them, of course, take about 80 years to play out which is the length of a long human life:

80 years ago, WWII started. WWII was the culmination of the last 4th turning, which started with the stock market crash of 1929. 80 years before WWII, The Civil war started. That war was the culmination of that 4th turning. Roughly 80 (84) years before that, the Revolutionary war started which was another culmination of a final, 4th turning. You can keep going back using these time frames and see that significant, culture shaking, hot wars are spaced pretty evenly apart.

There was a book written on this in 1998. The authors predicted what we're in now, and got the timeframe pretty accurate: https://www.amazon.com/Fourth-Turni...eywords=the+4th+turning&qid=1594325733&sr=8-1

This obviously begs the question: are we going to have a hot war? I think most people here think, yes, we will. History says it will be on par, in terms of significance and intensity, as any of the other hot wars I've mentioned. Scary to think.

This Crisis era we're in, according to the theory, is slated to end within this decade. Most likely it will run until at least 2028, which will be 20 years from when this 4th turning we're in, started ( It started with the Financial Crisis in 2008). These periods always have a "resolution" just like WWII did, just like the (first) Civil War and the Revolutionary War, et al. So, according to the theory, a resolution will happen with either globohomo winning or being defeated. This current situation isn't something that's going to be dragged out until the 2040s and beyond. The US, and the world, is still full of Marxist-hating, freedom loving Patriots who, likely, will at some point fight back. The war will have a resolution and our side, "the good side" may win. In the meantime, it likely won't be pretty. What hot war is?

So, sitting out in a place that you now think may eventually get scorched by the globo homo government once they wrap things up in the US and other Western countries, may not be a bad idea. This is because the bad guys may be defeated in the West. In the meantime, you were sitting in EE or wherever is relatively undisturbed now, while the rest of the world is at war. You miss the war happening all around you in relative peace. Then, possibly the good guys win, restore liberty and sanity to world governments, and you saved yourself a whole lot of headaches. But, if globohomo does win and come for your area at the end of this decade or a little after, yeah, figure out a new game plan. At best, you may get to sit out the war and watch from afar until freedom reigns again, and, at worse, you buy yourself some time.

Sweden is great right now. It was bad for a few months ago, but even with very relaxed measures it got its intensive units cases down to <100 and R value of 0.7 for the last weeks. Partial herd immunity and low density population seems to be enough to keep R<1.

Imo pick a country that had a lot of deaths per capita in Feb-April and has opened up completely but still have decreasing number of cases. Such as Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain. Lots of other countries with few total deaths will have to have gyms closed, mandatory masks or 14days quarantine upon arrival until a vaccine is found...

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
Forget Eastern Europe - most countries are cucked beyond belief. The only advantage is that you may be able to travel through to Belarus from there. Sweden proved to be the better choice and Denmark opened up everything - literally everything from schools, clubs to shops without masks - within a few weeks after the initial lockdowns. So Denmark and Sweden are more sane than the supposed more right-wing Eastern Europeans. The reason is due to the command structure of those countries. SEAsia is also hit and miss with huge restrictions in many areas remaining in place.
Can confirm, I'm still in SEA and it's draconian as fuck here. I'm going to use the lull between the two waves to get my ass to Europe. You think Denmark is a good option? I'm a little worried since they were the first country to have a forced vaccination law IIRC.

LeoniusD

Woodpecker
I would trust more Denmark for not vaccinating me at gunpoint than most 3rd world countries. The old freedoms of the West are hard to crush. Countries like Germany have sometimes vaccination rates below 90% among children, there are strict non-vaccinating people in Switzerland, Germany and even Denmark. Then you have the Muslim population who at a whim might decide to not take the vaccines.

It's all a calculated guess from our side. Almost all countries passed laws of mandatory vaccinations including overarching EU laws. The issue is how they will enforce it and what measures they will use. Denmark went hard against all measures and is one of the most liberal places out there - with politicians even apologizing for the lockdowns - they did the same in Norway.

It's more a poker game against the global elite machine - I still think that the cards are better in the countries mentioned before - Sweden, NOrway or Denmark being surprising jokers.

bucky

Pelican
I’m not sure if online work counts, but that’d be great. This whole Covid thing has made people realize working from home is legit, so that’s a plus.
Yea, you won’t be able to criticize gays, but they’ll probably be the only ones standing if WWIII happens. Trade offs.
Maybe you should look into Switerzland more. It really is a nice place, just a bit on the boring side when you're young. Another possible downside is the Swiss work ethic. When I was there, I liked to sleep in a bit on the weekend, maybe until 9:00am or 10:00am, and people didn't like it and would tell me I was lazy. I did OK at my job, but it was a struggle to keep up with my coworkers sometimes. I've never been to Japan, but I imagine the two countries are comparable in their live-to-work mentality. I went to Italy or France to visit friends almost every weekend when I was there, to take a break from the Swiss.

And of course, there's always the super high cost of living. I have a good friend here in the US whose father is Swiss and has citizenship. He says he's thought about moving there, but just can't imagine how he could afford it. He does speak good German and French, so I'm not sure why he feels like he can't just get a job like everyone else. Maybe it's the cost of buying a house or apartment there he's worried about. I should ask him next time I see him.

Lots and lots of rules in Switzerland too, about when and how you can do things. I remember someone once saying to imagine a society run by uptight German women and you'll have an idea of what day-to-day life in Switzerland is like. Come to think of it, almost all my time there was all in the German part of the country. Maybe the French or Italian parts would be more enjoyable. I briefly went through Ticino (Italian Switzerland) and the Geneva area in French Switzerland a few times, and they looked like paradise. Still, even the German-speaking area where I lived was really pretty nice, and I think I'd like it a lot more now that I'm a middle-aged dad and not a young guy looking to have fun.

Easy_C

Crow
I’d argue one important factor: look not just at how countries initially reacted but at how they adjusted. If a country had an initial harsh reaction for a week or two while they were trying to figure out what they were dealing with but very quickly backed off as more data came out that’s not necessarily a bad indication because a lot of us thought that based on China data available at the time; and it’s reasonable to assume that not every leader is in on the scam.

Look more at whether they exhibit authoritarian reactions by trying to double down when people resist lockdowns or whether they’re responsive to what the people want.

Maybe you should look into Switerzland more. It really is a nice place, just a bit on the boring side when you're young. Another possible downside is the Swiss work ethic. When I was there, I liked to sleep in a bit on the weekend, maybe until 9:00am or 10:00am, and people didn't like it and would tell me I was lazy. I did OK at my job, but it was a struggle to keep up with my coworkers sometimes. I've never been to Japan, but I imagine the two countries are comparable in their live-to-work mentality. I went to Italy or France to visit friends almost every weekend when I was there, to take a break from the Swiss.

And of course, there's always the super high cost of living. I have a good friend here in the US whose father is Swiss and has citizenship. He says he's thought about moving there, but just can't imagine how he could afford it. He does speak good German and French, so I'm not sure why he feels like he can't just get a job like everyone else. Maybe it's the cost of buying a house or apartment there he's worried about. I should ask him next time I see him.

Lots and lots of rules in Switzerland too, about when and how you can do things. I remember someone once saying to imagine a society run by uptight German women and you'll have an idea of what day-to-day life in Switzerland is like. Come to think of it, almost all my time there was all in the German part of the country. Maybe the French or Italian parts would be more enjoyable. I briefly went through Ticino (Italian Switzerland) and the Geneva area in French Switzerland a few times, and they looked like paradise. Still, even the German-speaking area where I lived was really pretty nice, and I think I'd like it a lot more now that I'm a middle-aged dad and not a young guy looking to have fun.
My definition of boring is way different from most youngins my age. I’ve never really been a big fan of bars and clubs to begin with (unless it’s social dancing), and would usually spend my time outdoors.
I like skiing, hiking, cycling, all that jazz, so it seems like a good fit there. Real easy to sustain a keto diet too. High quality meats and cheeses galore. Good wine culture. Beautiful nature around every corner. A great transit system that’ll get me all around the country. And they don’t mind a bit of weed here and there? There’s a lot I’d put up with for all of that. And like you said, France and Italy is right around the corner. The important thing for me is: do they consider online work legit. I know Japan doesn’t, and it makes renting a place a lot harder than it should be, even for Japanese.
And ten years for a passport... Lots of places will give you a good passport for a fraction of that.
And, that cost of living is no joke.

Last edited:

Elmore

Kingfisher
I wouldnt want to live in Switzerland, even if money was no object.

And that's not a false opposition to 'muh theres no crazy nightlife!"

It's just that pretty much every Swiss i've met fulfils the dour, humourless efficiency stereotype of them. And plus ive met a lot of French and Italians, who've worked there and complained about how uptight it all is.

I'd far rather live in near by Slovenia, similar (if not quite as breathtaking) scenery, but at least in part Slavic & having spent 50 years or so under a form of Communism (if a somewhat milder one than others, East of Iron Curtain), they have a bit of toughness about them.

Also FAR cheaper, FAR easier to get things done without endless paperwork and residential commitees signing things off etc.

bucky

Pelican
I wouldnt want to live in Switzerland, even if money was no object.

And that's not a false opposition to 'muh theres no crazy nightlife!"

It's just that pretty much every Swiss i've met fulfils the dour, humourless efficiency stereotype of them. And plus ive met a lot of French and Italians, who've worked there and complained about how uptight it all is.

I'd far rather live in near by Slovenia, similar (if not quite as breathtaking) scenery, but at least in part Slavic & having spent 50 years or so under a form of Communism (if a somewhat milder one than others, East of Iron Curtain), they have a bit of toughness about them.

Also FAR cheaper, FAR easier to get things done without endless paperwork and residential commitees signing things off etc.
Slovenia does sound like a good option. Never been there, but I've lived in Austria and Italy, and I imagine it's a mix of the two with a Slavic flavor and, like you said, much less expensive. Plus, if you're single you can probably find your very own Melania.

iop890

Crow
Gold Member
What are the options for US citizens right now? Just Serbia, Belarus, and Ukraine right?

I was wrong about being able to flimflam your way into the EU, as the restrictions are based on your passport rather than where you've been living.

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
I’d argue one important factor: look not just at how countries initially reacted but at how they adjusted. If a country had an initial harsh reaction for a week or two while they were trying to figure out what they were dealing with but very quickly backed off as more data came out that’s not necessarily a bad indication because a lot of us thought that based on China data available at the time; and it’s reasonable to assume that not every leader is in on the scam.

Look more at whether they exhibit authoritarian reactions by trying to double down when people resist lockdowns or whether they’re responsive to what the people want.
Good points - what countries are you thinking of specifically?

Easy_C

Crow
Not just countries. Georgia in the United States backed off very quickly and Kemp resisted massive political pressure to do so (although I don’t recommend it for other reasons with the exception of the Appalachian region).

Some posters here have also said that Poland doesn’t enforce anything anymore and is back to normal. If a country isn’t actively enforcing any authoritarian mandate and just has an “on paper” mask rule for posterity that’s a good sign.

Enigma

Hummingbird
Gold Member
What are the options for US citizens right now? Just Serbia, Belarus, and Ukraine right?

I was wrong about being able to flimflam your way into the EU, as the restrictions are based on your passport rather than where you've been living.
Georgia is supposed to open to all travelers at the end of the month. I believe Korea is open, but the last I heard you have to quarantine for 14 days.

CZ (Czech Republic) where I currently live had an overly dramatic response to Covid, but it worked. Had to wear face masks everywhere since March but no longer have to since July 1. However, I do expect a spike. People around here are traveling to neighboring countries like normal. I went to Vienna last week and it doesn't seem like Austria gives a shit, so naturally their cases are going up. I expect another lockdown soon around here.

Elmore

Kingfisher
I realise this is the million dollar question, but how long exactly do people think this is going to be carrying on for?

It's more a poker game against the global elite machine - I still think that the cards are better in the countries mentioned before - Sweden, NOrway or Denmark being surprising jokers.
Sweden is going to hell soon.

Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Ireland are probably the safest, richest EU countries to be in for the next couple of decades due to being the least diverse and generally geographically far from the chaos that will ensue in France and the UK (possibly where it kicks off, right?).

Unless of course Kamala-in-chief launches a hot war against Russia, which quite a few people seem to think will happen. The cornered beast, America, lashing out on last time. China, if Trump wins, Russia if dems win.

In which case, Scandinavia becomes not so safe anymore.

Putting it all together, probably Ireland and Iceland then.

Mountaineer

Kingfisher
Gold Member
CZ (Czech Republic) where I currently live had an overly dramatic response to Covid, but it worked. Had to wear face masks everywhere since March but no longer have to since July 1. However, I do expect a spike. People around here are traveling to neighboring countries like normal. I went to Vienna last week and it doesn't seem like Austria gives a shit, so naturally their cases are going up. I expect another lockdown soon around here.
Please, the Czechs could've done nothing and have the same result. In Poland mask compliance was never more than 50% and now it's almost zero, pubs, café's and tourist places function as if nothing happened. I want to live in a country where everyone has a mind of his own and seeing high compliance in Czech Republic didn't speak well about them.

Last edited: