Best Countries To Sit This Out In?

Tortoise

I realise this is the million dollar question, but how long exactly do people think this is going to be carrying on for?
Until there is a vaccine, which will be dangled like a carrot -- "if you want everything to return to "normal", you'll have to take this vaccine..." No one is sticking a mystery needle in my arm.

kel

Pelican
I still don't understand what's convinced most people that there will be a vaccine "in 12 to 18 months". There's never been a vaccine for this class of virus (more like the common cold than a flu) and it mutates quickly so any vaccine would be of middling efficacy (like the seasonal flu vaccine). There's just such a faith in "progress" and "science", that's been pushed so hard for years, people really think it's just inevitable that anything can just be scienced away if you updoot hard enough.

Ironside

Robin
This is assuming our side loses and globohomo wins. I've mentioned this a few times in the past, but we're currently in a "4th Turning" seasonal part of history. These turnings are repeating and fairly predictable, in terms of what vibe history is in, going all the way back to the 1400s in Anglo history. Turning periods last about 20 years, and all 4 of them, of course, take about 80 years to play out which is the length of a long human life:

80 years ago, WWII started. WWII was the culmination of the last 4th turning, which started with the stock market crash of 1929. 80 years before WWII, The Civil war started. That war was the culmination of that 4th turning. Roughly 80 (84) years before that, the Revolutionary war started which was another culmination of a final, 4th turning. You can keep going back using these time frames and see that significant, culture shaking, hot wars are spaced pretty evenly apart.

There was a book written on this in 1998. The authors predicted what we're in now, and got the timeframe pretty accurate: https://www.amazon.com/Fourth-Turni...eywords=the+4th+turning&qid=1594325733&sr=8-1

This obviously begs the question: are we going to have a hot war? I think most people here think, yes, we will. History says it will be on par, in terms of significance and intensity, as any of the other hot wars I've mentioned. Scary to think.

This Crisis era we're in, according to the theory, is slated to end within this decade. Most likely it will run until at least 2028, which will be 20 years from when this 4th turning we're in, started ( It started with the Financial Crisis in 2008). These periods always have a "resolution" just like WWII did, just like the (first) Civil War and the Revolutionary War, et al. So, according to the theory, a resolution will happen with either globohomo winning or being defeated. This current situation isn't something that's going to be dragged out until the 2040s and beyond. The US, and the world, is still full of Marxist-hating, freedom loving Patriots who, likely, will at some point fight back. The war will have a resolution and our side, "the good side" may win. In the meantime, it likely won't be pretty. What hot war is?

So, sitting out in a place that you now think may eventually get scorched by the globo homo government once they wrap things up in the US and other Western countries, may not be a bad idea. This is because the bad guys may be defeated in the West. In the meantime, you were sitting in EE or wherever is relatively undisturbed now, while the rest of the world is at war. You miss the war happening all around you in relative peace. Then, possibly the good guys win, restore liberty and sanity to world governments, and you saved yourself a whole lot of headaches. But, if globohomo does win and come for your area at the end of this decade or a little after, yeah, figure out a new game plan. At best, you may get to sit out the war and watch from afar until freedom reigns again, and, at worse, you buy yourself some time.
A bit more of a visual picture of what you said:

Hillbilly

Pigeon
I don't mind wearing a mask because I believe it very significantly reduces the spread of disease. But while I was searching for a clinic that can do COVID-19 testing with a 48 hour or less turnaround time to meet South Korea's new immigration rule, I noticed Ukraine has been similar to South Korea in that people have worn masks there sometimes for disease-related hygiene even before Covid was a thing. If you go to the November 2, 2018 photo in this clinic's photo album, some people were wearing masks in Kiev even during flu seasons long before COVID-19 existed.

If you're dedicated to the anti-mask cause, Ukraine might be a hard pass along with South Korea for certain.

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
I still don't understand what's convinced most people that there will be a vaccine "in 12 to 18 months". There's never been a vaccine for this class of virus (more like the common cold than a flu) and it mutates quickly so any vaccine would be of middling efficacy (like the seasonal flu vaccine). There's just such a faith in "progress" and "science", that's been pushed so hard for years, people really think it's just inevitable that anything can just be scienced away if you updoot hard enough.
You presume the public actually cares enough about science to look all this up, this is a religious rite, all you said will be sweeped away because its super duper and a very special vaccine.

Tell them what you said and you'll get a cognitive shrug.

MtnMan

Woodpecker
I think the public believes there will be a vaccine because their Holy Father, Bill Gates has said this since the beginning. They have heard this from their trusted sources, so they have internalized it. I agree with you on you logical assessment of the likelihood of a safe and effective vaccine in 12-18 months, but there it is not logic in the common person's thinking, especially with a fear driven "pandemic" in full effect.

All big daddy has to say is "safe and effective", and they will believe it.

ginsu

Robin
There will be a vaccine because its one of the biggest money making opportunities of all time. Selling 7 bill people overpriced ''medicine''. On a repeated basis, and the recipients will pay for it themselves through taxes. Logic will not stand in the way of cashing in on all the fear they have spent so much time and money on creating.

Elipe

Robin
You're confusing the promised "vaccine" for a real, actual scientifically tested and proven vaccine. Remember, your doctor administering the shot doesn't ask what's in it, he just trusts that the hospital system got it right, who trusts the vaccine distributors, who trust the vaccine manufacturers...

That's a lot of trust to be giving to a heavily monetized chain with known Deep State ties in the year 2020.

jumprift

Pigeon
Anyone have much info on Ukraine & it's policies on entry & general atmosphere at the moment?
Sorry, just saw this. I live in Kyiv. This government site is an accurate resource; my parents just used it to enter the country: https://visitukraine.today/

Basically, when crossing the border you need to give:
1. an address where you are staying
2. install their monitoring app
3. take a corona test within 24 hours
Once the test comes back negative (within a day or so), you are released from monitoring.
The trick is that the monitoring app requires a Ukrainian SIM card, so you have to figure out how to get your hands on one. I've heard stories of people having issues at the border because of not having that.

Other than that, the country is normal. You have to wear a mask in supermarkets but that's about it.

Pendleton

Pigeon
This article names the countries Americans can travel to directly: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...americans-safely-visit-this-summer-cvd/#close

"For now, the 14 greenlighted countries are Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, and Uruguay. In-transit passengers and long-term E.U. residents are among the handful of exceptions."

I think that's not totally accurate though, because I believe Americans allowed into Canada are supposed to travel directly from the lower 48 to Alaska and vice versa. They're not supposed to detour to Banff and elsewhere like some are doing. I read where some got fined and maybe even arrested all the way over in the Maritimes.
Definitely not accurate. Americans are not being allowed into Japan except for visa holders in a few extreme situations.

azulsombra

Pelican
Definitely not accurate. Americans are not being allowed into Japan except for visa holders in a few extreme situations.
I think you are misreading it, that list of 14 countries is the list of countries that are allowed into Schengen EU as exemptions. Not the 14 countries Americans can travel into. Huge difference.

Elmore

Kingfisher
Sorry, just saw this. I live in Kyiv. This government site is an accurate resource; my parents just used it to enter the country: https://visitukraine.today/

Basically, when crossing the border you need to give:
1. an address where you are staying
2. install their monitoring app
3. take a corona test within 24 hours
Once the test comes back negative (within a day or so), you are released from monitoring.
The trick is that the monitoring app requires a Ukrainian SIM card, so you have to figure out how to get your hands on one. I've heard stories of people having issues at the border because of not having that.

Other than that, the country is normal. You have to wear a mask in supermarkets but that's about it.
Can you not buy a UKR sim at the airport?

Most airports i've been in eastern europe has some sort of stall selling them.

bubs

Pigeon
Since foreign travel is becoming problematic I vote for heading to West Virginia! No female prospects for the single guys, but its got everything good going on during the pandemic compared to other US states. Find a cabin to rent near a lake in some remote area, get a 30 pack of Hamm's for $10 and just check out for a while. Stay out of the hollers!

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
Can you not buy a UKR sim at the airport?

Most airports i've been in eastern europe has some sort of stall selling them.
Yes, one can buy a UKR mobile sim card at Kyiv Borispol Int'l Airport. I remember (vaguely) there were at least 3 kiosks that were selling sim cards in the Arrivals area: Kyivstar, Vodaphone and lifecell. It's been more than 3 years since my last visit to Ukraine.

Edit. For those who are unfamiliar with Ukraine's mobile carriers:

lifecell = life
Vodafone = MTC
Kyivstar = Київстар

Last edited:

Easy_C

Crow
Because they’re NPCs who are absorbing the talking points.

jigjogger

The best place to be right now is Hawaii.

Everyone is really helping each other out. The economy is trash except for a few niches, but that's ok. We got the lowest amount of covids and no BLM nonsense.

There's no tourists! If there are, they gotta stay in their hotel rooms and not come out. If they do the cops run them down and pepper spray or tase them. The strippers are dancing behind plexiglass and the toilet paper crisis is over.

Aloha!
Uh no. Have to disagree with this. Not even the best island in the US rn lmfao.