Big picture playbook and analysis

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

In historic move, Asheville approves reparations for Black residents

ASHEVILLE - In an extraordinary move, the City Council has apologized for the city's historic role in slavery, discrimination and denial of basic liberties to Black residents and voted to provide reparations to them and their descendants.

The 7-0 vote came the night of July 14.

"Hundreds of years of black blood spilled that basically fills the cup we drink from today," said Councilman Keith Young, one of two African American members of the body and the measure's chief proponent.

"It is simply not enough to remove statues. Black people in this country are dealing with issues that are systemic in nature," Young said.

The unanimously passed resolution does not mandate direct payments. Instead it will make investments in areas where Black residents face disparities.

"The resulting budgetary and programmatic priorities may include but not be limited to increasing minority home ownership and access to other affordable housing, increasing minority business ownership and career opportunities, strategies to grow equity and generational wealth, closing the gaps in health care, education, employment and pay, neighborhood safety and fairness within criminal justice," the resolution reads.

The resolution calls on the city to create the Community Reparations Commission, inviting community groups and other local governments to join. It will be the commission's job to make concrete recommendations for programs and resources to be used.

Councilwoman Sheneika Smith, who is Black, said the council had gotten emails from those "asking, 'Why should we pay for what happened during slavery?'"

"(Slavery) is this institution that serves as the starting point for the building of the strong economic floor for white America, while attempting to keep Blacks subordinate forever to its progress," said Smith.

Councilman Vijay Kapoor who has often split with Young and Smith on police and budget issues said he supported the measure for moral reasons. But he said skeptics could look to the "practical reason": data showing showing large disparities between African Americans and other Asheville residents.

"We don't want to be held back by these gaps," Kapoor said. "We want everyone to be successful."

The council allowed an hour of public comment on the measure. Many who were not able to speak before the vote waited for another hour-long comment period afterward, pushing the meeting late into the night. Most were in support.

Rob Thomas, community liaison for the Racial Justice Coalition which led the push for reparations, thanked the council.

"This is a really, really good gesture as far as the foundation of what we can build. The potential of what can come out of this document is amazing."

Increasing generational wealth — something African Americans were deprived of through economic and regulatory discrimination — should be the focus, he said.

It was also important that Buncombe County's government join, Thomas said, to ensure issues weren't lost between the county and city.

The county's Board of Commissioners which governs all of Buncombe including municipal residents is not clearly behind the reparations measure though it has a 4-3 Democratic majority.

A few callers spoke against reparations, one linking it to a Venezuelan government plot and others saying Black Lives Matter was Marxist.

"My white privilege is I grew up on a farm, we milked cows, we bailed hay. That was my white privilege," said a man identifying himself as Eddy from West Asheville.

But David Greenson said white people like him needed Black people to get reparations "because our souls are in jeopardy."

"I am responsible for the beating of Johnnie Rush in August of 2017," he said referencing the infamous beating of an unarmed Black Asheville pedestrian by a police officer. "I may not have hit him or tased him or choked him, but I paid the man who did."

pitbullowner

Pelican

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
In historic move, USSA approves more reparations for the African American Fleshseas
22-05-39

Mark Krohnenberg

Sensing increased unrest in two of the seven African American Flesh-seas social justicars have moved quickly to redress the presumed historic wrongs that have manifested outrage in the amorphous and roiling pits of African American flesh formerly known as Detroit and Atlanta.

High priestess Berkenstien was quick to remind those with individual-form privilege that it was the sacred duty of the USSA to provide the offerings that would quiet the Black Fleshseas. Xi reiterated that ultimately in addressing the systemic racism that had caused American Blacks to dissolve into an enormous yet formless roiling mass of many and insatiable hungers they might one day live the equality that would allow them to disentangle their flesh, bones and organs from one another and rejoin a humanity that done so much to oppress them in the past.

Speaking from the edge of the Atlantan Fleshsea, Berkenstien reiterated the importance of rooting out anyone who had engaged in acts of racism in the past and who could be fed to the great beasts in order to quieten them and redress the enormity of their legitimate grievances, reminding those present of the difficult times when the Fleshseas were not appeased and reached their impossibly long tendrils beyond the grounds of their forms in search of that which would heal the wrongs done against their people.

"During that time", she reminded the crowd, "many Jewish people and some others were mistakenly lost in the confusion, and we must never let that happen again."

Tapping the staff of K'ulrak'aat thrice on the black marble podium, the familiar thrum of helicopters could be heard overhead, carrying their payloads of chicken, watermelons and white women whose prayers to the Fleshseas had been recognized to be unsatisfactory in their regularity or enthusiasm. An omnichordanant howl of impossible power scoured the land but as the helicopters dropped their loads all that could be heard was the momentary screams of the guilty as they sunk beneath a turbulent black mass of mouths, fists and phalluses that manifested upon contact with the offering.

The Reparation Ritual was once again deemed a success, but not everyone was convinced that it was, or is, the correct way forward.

Lu'drach K'tul'nbaum, High Vizier of the order of the Morning Star party was quick to spit his curses on the annual event.

"Seeing ourselves as outsiders to the Fleshsea is a form of privilege that we must put an end to", he explained.

"The people of color in their simple wisdom have shown us the way forward, and it is an abomination of privilege that we should seek to bring them to our state rather than we to theirs. All must join with the Fleshsea. We are convinced that is the will of our Dark Lord and Master."

Critics of the Morning Star party have claimed that their policies violate the separation of religion and state, but despite that they are still polling strongly in the leadup to the 2040 elections.

Easy_C

Crow
It's not even that I think I am that especially smart or better than anyone, in fact somehow I'm sure some of these "idiots" are even smarter than me in some regards, but somehow they are fooled and controlled by the most stupid things imaginable that it's almost ridiculous to witness.
I know I’d probably be like them had I not made the choice to deliberately place myself into harder life circumstances in order to become more resilient.

Keep in mind a lot of these people lack a frame of reference. After you’ve been shot at a virus with a 0.1% mortality rate is a lot less scary than it is to people who have never experienced physical jeopardy beyond the risk of auto accidents.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
Mayor of Portland Ted Wheeler staged a photo op with Antifa last night for the MSM to push their "Federal LEOs are bad" narrative. Pay attention to how the MSM try to make Ted Wheeler & Antifa look good - i.e., peaceful protesters - in the pictures & videos. They are trying not to show graffiti, vandalism, burning buildings, etc. in the background to mislead and lie to the normie audience.

Last edited:

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
De Blasio Quotes Marx’s Communist Manifesto in Discussion on Relationship with NYC Business Community

New York mayor Bill de Blasio quoted Karl Marx when outlining the relationship he wanted his office to have with the city’s business community, in an appearance on The Brian Lehrer Show on WNYC.

Host Brian Lehrer asked de Blasio how the mayor was approaching businesses for help with recovery from the coronavirus pandemic. Lehrer said that the mayor was not known for extensive outreach to the business community given his focus on issues of wealth inequality.

“There’s an underlying truth in the fact that my focus has not been on the business community and the elite,” de Blasio said. “I am tempted to borrow a quote from Karl Marx here…”

“They’ll love that on Wall Street,” Lehrer interjects.

“Yes they will,” de Blasio laughs. “There’s a famous quote that ‘the state is the executive committee of the bourgeoisie,’ and I use that openly to say no, I read that as a young person and thought, well, that’s not the way it’s supposed to be.”

The quote comes from the first chapter of Marx’s Communist Manifesto, in which Marx outlines his theory of the progressive advancement of the class of the bourgeoisie at the expense of the proletariat.

The mayor continued in the interview, “We need to work with the business community, we will work with the business community, but the city government represents the people, represents working people….A lot of folks have just sort of hit a wall when I say guys, you’re gonna have to pay more taxes, and we’re gonna have policies that favor working people more.”

De Blasio ended by saying he knows that many businesses want to help with a “comeback” for the city, and that his administration “really appreciates that.”

The interview was not the first time de Blasio has quoted a communist figure. In 2019, the mayor apologized after quoting communist revolutionary Che Guevara at a rally of striking airport workers in Miami.

“I did not know the phrase I used in Miami today was associated with Che Guevara & I did not mean to offend anyone who heard it that way. I certainly apologize for not understanding that history,” de Blasio wrote on Twitter after backlash from Miami’s Latino community, many of whom are Cuban exiles.

Easy_C

Crow

this is interesting. the prevalence of pro-Palestine messaging among these groups is......Unforeseen. Beck is a zionist and is honing in on that for a reason.

I don't understand the why yet. My best hypothesis is that there may be some other influences involved besides the ones we know about right now.

pitbullowner

Pelican

this is interesting. the prevalence of pro-Palestine messaging among these groups is......Unforeseen. Beck is a zionist and is honing in on that for a reason.

I don't understand the why yet. My best hypothesis is that there may be some other influences involved besides the ones we know about right now.
LOL ive forgotten about Beck

man, I'm so out of the civnat/neocon loop I've lost touch with the normies.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
An excellent in-depth and long article by an unbiased reporter who spent the entire weekend with the U.S. Marshals inside the Portland's federal courthouse. He got a firsthand look from the U.S. Marshals' perspective.

Mike Balsamo @MikeBalsamo1 thread continue:
===
We wanted to show you a look inside the protests from both perspectives — out in the crowd with protesters and inside the courthouse with federal officers. It was a really eye opening experience to see it firsthand. I was inside the courthouse & @gflaccus
was outside the fence.
I watched as injured officers were hauled inside. In one case, the commercial firework came over so fast the officer didn’t have time to respond. It burned through his sleeves & he had bloody gashes on both forearms. Another had a concussion from being hit in the head w/ a mortar
The officers outside the Portland courthouse have been hit by an array of objects from canned food to ball bearings fired from slingshots. On Saturday night, a DHS officer was soaked completely in orange paint thrown from of one of many paint cans later seized by authorities.

It was clear USMS tactical decisions this weekend were very thought out. Even after a large hole was cut in the fence on Sat. night, they made a decision not to go out b/c it could escalate tensions. They cleared the area only after a huge section of the fence was pulled down.

It was really striking talking to the Deputy US Marshals who have been working to protect the courthouse for weeks. Many are from Portland. They have friends who peacefully protest during the day, but at night, they say demonstrations are hijacked by agitators set on violence.
A Deputy US Marshal told me, "I am worried for my life, every time I walk outside of the building" & that feeling extends widely. They are offended by being told to get out of Portland. They live there, work daily to take violent criminals off the street & it is their city too.
Everyone I spoke to this weekend acknowledged there were different groups of protesters — by day, there are mostly peaceful protesters who want to effect meaningful change, but by the middle of the night, nearly all of those people are gone and the violence really picks up.
One thing is very clear: there's no plan for the feds to retreat right now. Those protecting the building feel a personal & professional duty to protect the courthouse. Many raised the same point — the courthouse stands for justice, for all people. And they aren’t going anywhere.
On the outside of the fence, my colleague @gflaccus was talking to folks who say the tactics by federal officials are going too far. Many say they want true criminal justice reform & aren’t there to be destructive. Some have even said their message is being coopted by agitators.
===

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Don't let the boil normalize in your mind.

A federal courthouse has been assailed for weeks now, federal officers have been blinded and suffered other injuries, and the federal government is still sitting on its ass treating this like a protest rather than terrorism.

How would this play out, even under Trump, if those were the Charlottesville boys out there blinding officers with lasers, hurling fireworks at them, shooting them with slingshots and trying to set the building on fire?

You Yanks are being played for fools.