Bill Burr: The ultimate red pill comic

^ does he? doubt it. Billy red sack doesnt read anything. But his advice is straight out the archives there.

The new special is great. Angrier and more yelling than is typical for Burr, which is his staple.

Watched it with a feminist. she was laughing the whole way through, even though he attacked her beliefs directly and called her kind out numerous times. Came on her face midway.

debeguiled said:
911 said:
armenia4ever said:
Bill has really come out swinging in this new special. It's a return to form. Hes gonna take some heat.

What new special?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0122987/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Paper Tiger:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10847306/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_2

Was just on Rogan.

Was a great chat.

I'll never, for the life of me, understand the Rogan hate. Just watch the interviews with people you find interesting.

As to the new special, I have high expectations of Burr. So while I laughed a solid amount, usually after the first watch I am underwhelmed. Happened with his last two specials for me, but after a few more watches I loved them, so hopefully the same here.

Only sad thing was, outside the sexbots bit, there were not many long, meandering tales. I find that is when he is at his best.

Enoch

Hummingbird
Stakes Is High said:
^ does he? doubt it. Billy red sack doesnt read anything. But his advice is straight out the archives there.

The new special is great. Angrier and more yelling than is typical for Burr, which is his staple.

Watched it with a feminist. she was laughing the whole way through, even though he attacked her beliefs directly and called her kind out numerous times. Came on her face midway.

Maybe not, but the sexbot apocalypse bit was downright Heartistian.

Thot Leader

Kingfisher
Gold Member
re: Paper Tiger, did anyone else find his bit on Elvis and black music a bit cringe? He had to apologize to his wife for pointing out that white people invented air travel and blacks are appropriating it when they fly. Keeping his wife happy seems to keep him bluepilled in some regard. I'm over this guy.

Bienvenuto

Pelican
Gold Member
Thot Leader said:
re: Paper Tiger, did anyone else find his bit on Elvis and black music a bit cringe? He had to apologize to his wife for pointing out that white people invented air travel and blacks are appropriating it when they fly. Keeping his wife happy seems to keep him bluepilled in some regard. I'm over this guy.

Cant fucking stand how much he kow-tows to his sour, identity-politics wife.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Thot Leader said:

I agree with TFAP on the underwhelming nature of his recent specials. Couldn't finish Paper Tiger because he seems kind of desperate and not that funny anymore. Compare it to his early specials and it seems like his need to truth tell is being subsumed by being a husband and father.

I hated the Elvis bit. The context is, he and his wife fight a lot, and it is usually over TV because he likes sports and she likes reality television. So he tried to compromise and watch a documentary with her so they tried to watch one on Elvis, which he was enjoying but she was seeing all sorts of racism he was missing, and getting madder and madder, so he turned it off, because he saw a fight coming, which made her mad so she started a fight.

Earlier in the special he said one of the saddest things I have ever heard him say. He is killing it on all levels professionally, and yet his wife notices none of that, and she has made it the entire point of the marriage to work on his anger issues. That's infuriating.

He is kind of joking, kind of not, when he says that the problem is always him. But this is not the Bill Burr I used to really think was one of the greats. He would have said go fuck yourself, you get mad too.

So what is up? Is he so afraid of losing half his stuff in a divorce, and losing access to his daughter that he has convinced himself that his wife is right?

I remember her, how sweet and funny and friendly she was on his podcast from a decade ago, and now she is the harshest, most critical, cynical voice in the room, the air of which she takes when she comes on his podcast.

Of course she gets angry too. She just does it in a passive aggressive way, by getting madder and madder at the racism of Elvis, which she knows will make him uncomfortable, till he turns off the TV and now she has an excuse to go after him.

From his description, she is the one antagonizing him by doing many, probably nonverbal, things that set him on edge, and then when he finally addresses it, she says it's his anger problem and she "Doesn't know where this anger is coming from."

It is so sad to see him like this. He is so trussed up by fear, obligation, and guilt that he can no longer stand up for himself, and he just has to make weak defenses of his behavior while letting his wife run all over him.

The Bill Burr of ten years ago would have called her out on her shit and held firm, and now, here he is, lamely trying to make the best of it.

I mean, if the documentary bothered her, she should have suggested another one, or, God forbid, she should have just let him enjoy it, seeing as how that's what he was trying to do, as a compromise, to prevent a fight, in the first place. It sounds like she plays the black card all day and all night. And it is mainly to control her husband, and not to right any historic wrongs.

She is just asking to be reigned in here, as a woman, that is what she is doing. He has ceded control of this thing to her, taking him for granted as a provider, as a husband, as a guy who works on himself to make her happy.

She thinks he is just there to take her frustrations out on instead of love and respect, and you can see he has put himself in a messed up situation that he is trying to make the best of.

Jesus. He even talked about suicide in this special. This girl is running things, and neither of them are happy about it, and it doesn't make me laugh, it makes me cringe. Not to overuse the concept of 'cry for help' but this wasn't really a comedy special, it was the cry of a desperate man.

What the hell happened to Billy Red Balls? He has said a million times that men need to learn to stand up for themselves emotionally with women, and here he is placating a monster that he helped create.

He needs to forget the black/white stuff and remember, as he even said in the special, that she is just a woman acting like a woman, and that is what is important.

She is only using race to run the relationship.

I might actually have to pray for him, and I have never prayed for a celebrity in my life.

Peacock
Gold Member
TooFineAPoint said:
debeguiled said:
911 said:
armenia4ever said:
Bill has really come out swinging in this new special. It's a return to form. Hes gonna take some heat.

What new special?

Paper Tiger:

Was just on Rogan.

Was a great chat.

I'll never, for the life of me, understand the Rogan hate. Just watch the interviews with people you find interesting.

Many of us look at Rogan the same way we look at a Noah, Colbert, Kimmel or the other high-paid clowns who are there to push the agenda of their owners. Rogan is there to cover an audience that is just a little more purple pilled than that of the mainstream late night shows.

Yeah I avoid Rogan since he's a pot headed lib. I don't call people that a lot, but he definitely hits all the wrong checkboxes. Only time I liked him was when he went off on that feminist fat chick backstage at a show. I like that Rogan better.

911 said:
TooFineAPoint said:
debeguiled said:
911 said:
armenia4ever said:

What new special?

Paper Tiger:

Was just on Rogan.

Was a great chat.

Many of us look at Rogan the same way we look at a Noah, Colbert, Kimmel or the other high-paid clowns who are there to push the agenda of their owners. Rogan is there to cover an audience that is just a little more purple pilled than that of the mainstream late night shows.

Except that none of those other guys you mentioned have guests on that I am even remotely interested in, and do not engage in long-form, meandering conversations.

For instance, the Rogan MMA podcasts are some of the best MMA content out there. He just talks to fighters about training, their lives, how they recover, goals, etc.

Ask yourself why you group him in to those absolute leftist-statist Manchurian candidates, and tell me where the line is.

Is it Vox Day and Owen Benjamin and E. Michael Jones vs everyone else? Is it "you have to name the Jew" otherwise you are controlled op? How much jew talk do we need?

For example, if there is a great winemaker who makes incredible natural wine, and he gets interviewed... and both he and the interviewer are total cuck blue pilled leftists in all their other beliefs... who cares as long as they talk about what he is a master in, which is growing grapes and making wine?

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I think I heard Burr mumble, under his breath, something about just trying to keep his house from being taken away. It was about 'other' guys, of course, but the way he sucked in his breath made me think that this is certainly not far off the course of his reality.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Laner said:
I think I heard Burr mumble, under his breath, something about just trying to keep his house from being taken away. It was about 'other' guys, of course, but the way he sucked in his breath made me think that this is certainly not far off the course of his reality.

Yeah, a lot of weird parenthetic communications in this comedy special.

He also actually said, when someone told him to take a bath to calm down, that a man can't get into a bath without thinking of slitting his wrists.

This is not what a normal, undisturbed man thinks when getting in a tub.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
debeguiled said:

He also actually said, when someone told him to take a bath to calm down, that a man can't get into a bath without thinking of slitting his wrists.

Then again. One probably has to be somewhat / a tad off kilter, in order to be a viable comedian.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
CynicalContrarian said:
debeguiled said:

Then again. One probably has to be somewhat / a tad off kilter, in order to be a viable comedian.

I miss the old psycho.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
First he's a paper tiger, and now he is just a grumpy old man.

He has let his wife define him and take control of the relationship, and now he is trying to take other people down with him.

Watch highlights, if you like, of Bill trashing Theo Von for being different from him and being young.

He is almost like a SJW, going for the guilt all the time.

Zep

Pelican
^The sins of the father shall be visited upon the son

It's a quote from the Bible.

Bill Burr who I genuinely like as a comedian spoke about what an ahole his father was. Now he's passing it along in a truly cliche generational way.

MPD

Sparrow
Our red buddy is slipping, both on stage and off it.

Paper Tiger is good but not great by any means. Too many rehashed premises and small payoffs for long jokes. For example, compare his Elvis bit to the Oprah bit from a previous special. Both start with him and a woman watching TV but one is far superior.

Off-stage, he sealed his fate when he had a kid. He'll probably power through a deeply flawed marriage for his kid. Very sad.

Hope I'm wrong though. He's still one of the best and I owe that angry egg head a lot of laughs.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
I've watched little of Burr but like most comedians he gets to choose between crushing his demons and becoming a better man or maintaining his dysfunctional nature for the benefit of his oblivious and perpetually flighty fans.

Some people would want the man to suffer decade over decade and maintain a painfully dysfunctional life in order to keep entertaining them with the ridiculous anecdotes such a life produces. Then when he ends up alone, a perpetual drunk, or hangs himself then all his fans will say "he had so much to live for".

I don't know how misguided he is in the direction he's taking to build a better life for himself and his family but at least he's trying.

Fuck anyone who wants him to suffer for their benefit until he ends up divorced from his wife, estranged from his daughter and finally puts a shotgun in his mouth.

Teedub

Crow
Gold Member
I genuinely can't get my head around people slamming Burr. Paper Tiger was mostly good. It's like when people slammed Chappelle for making a couple of white people jokes. He's a professional comedian you idiots. And you've got the audacity to refer to people as 'snowflakes'. For about two years a lot of the new members here have been unbearable fucking gimps.