Black market solutions to maintaining pre-COVID19 freedoms

presidentcarter

Ostrich
Gold Member
Relevant to this thread albeit not 'black market' - if you haven't done so already it's time to get your dumb phone purchases in before the normie rush. We don't know what's possible yet but having one ready is a smart move I think. If there's any marginal benefit at all to carrying a dumb phone in the coming health-pass age, these things will sell and sell fast and will likely not be available.

I'm sure there is info on another thread and I will look for that but if anyone has any immediate up-to-date tips or suggestions let me know. Links or specific model numbers appreciated.

I want it to be as dumb as possible. No app or web or email capability whatsoever would be ideal. I don't really care which network. $20 should get you unlimited text and calls with any provider.

Apparently my legacy razr won't work on modern networks so it's just a nostalgic paperweight.

Last edited:

bucky

Ostrich
I like to speculate that an imaginary assassination of Bill Gates would theoretically put a kink in the whole onspiracy to vaccinate the whole world.

Hypothectically of course
In Minecraft.
Yes, but I think it's going to be much tougher for them with vaccines, which are considered invasive treatments.
Doctors seem to be unwilling to write mask exemptions and generally the consensus in the sheeple society appears to be that masks are good for everyone (while they're extremely harmful....sort of like hanging rope being good for your neck). But even among the general population in the States 50-75% are planning to refuse this vaccine, while they don't object to masks. If the competitor airlines would not require them, people will fly competitor airlines.

I try not to panic too much over that stuff. Back in March I was in California when they started to lock the country down, shutting down campgrounds and short term rentals in many places, I was kind of worried (including about locals with pitchforks hunting my out-of-state plates or something)....but I traveled unhindered around the whole country three times since, crossing "closed" state borders right in front of sheriffs offices. There'll be ways to bypass them, in most countries.
Where did you get that stat about 50-75% planning to refuse the vaccine? I hope you're right, but here in blue state big city hell where I live I have yet to meet anyone who's strongly against the vaccine, aside from my wife. Most are eagerly looking forward to shooting up. If I asked, I imagine they'd be ok with forced injections for those who aren't on board.

aynrus

Pelican
Where did you get that stat about 50-75% planning to refuse the vaccine? I hope you're right, but here in blue state big city hell where I live I have yet to meet anyone who's strongly against the vaccine, aside from my wife. Most are eagerly looking forward to shooting up. If I asked, I imagine they'd be ok with forced injections for those who aren't on board.
Oh, wow. I had seen several polls published in the US mainstream media that cited from 50% to over 70% of people planning to refuse the vaccine. I've been to red states mostly and people are strongly against that stuff.
I also had seen a poll about European countries. Their willingness to get vaccinated seemed to be higher and the highest rejection rate was in countries like Hungary (32%), Poland, etc.

The willingness of the sheep to accept the vaccine might even play in our favor. New England medical journal had published an article calling for mandatory vaccination - but only if the majority high enough for herd immunity doesn't agree voluntarily

Oh, wow. I had seen several polls published in the US mainstream media that cited from 50% to over 70% of people planning to refuse the vaccine. I've been to red states mostly and people are strongly against that stuff.
I also had seen a poll about European countries. Their willingness to get vaccinated seemed to be higher and the highest rejection rate was in countries like Hungary (32%), Poland, etc.

The willingness of the sheep to accept the vaccine might even play in our favor. New England medical journal had published an article calling for mandatory vaccination - but only if the majority high enough for herd immunity doesn't agree voluntarily

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member

Surprisingly, the deaths of older people stayed the same before and after COVID-19. Since COVID-19 mainly affects the elderly, experts expected an increase in the percentage of deaths in older age groups. However, this increase is not seen from the CDC data. In fact, the percentages of deaths among all age groups remain relatively the same.

“The reason we have a higher number of reported COVID-19 deaths among older individuals than younger individuals is simply because every day in the U.S. older individuals die in higher numbers than younger individuals,” Briand said.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member

Study finds 84% fewer hospitalizations for patients treated with controversial drug hydroxychloroquine​

by Andrew Mark Miller, Social Media Producer

| November 25, 2020 03:02

HighTower

Robin
Orthodox
Where I am they had an emergency test of the MMS system and when I clicked on the link for information it now says covid. They will be able to deactivate your cell and home internet with the press of a button. Even was brocasted on cable so they can easily disable that too, not that it's that helpful.

I picked up a dumb phone but also put my smart phone in a faraday cage when I travel. No towers to ping off of and I'm off the grid until I decide otherwise. The old phone is a real pain to text from but it's a small price to pay.
Relevant to this thread albeit not 'black market' - if you haven't done so already it's time to get your dumb phone purchases in before the normie rush. We don't know what's possible yet but having one ready is a smart move I think. If there's any marginal benefit at all to carrying a dumb phone in the coming health-pass age, these things will sell and sell fast and will likely not be available.

I'm sure there is info on another thread and I will look for that but if anyone has any immediate up-to-date tips or suggestions let me know. Links or specific model numbers appreciated.

I want it to be as dumb as possible. No app or web or email capability whatsoever would be ideal. I don't really care which network. $20 should get you unlimited text and calls with any provider.

Apparently my legacy razr won't work on modern networks so it's just a nostalgic paperweight.

WaldoTJ

Chicken
A passport is a legal document with a lot of history. A "vaccination passport" is an idea, likely going to exist in the private realm. Passports probably also have a lot of challenge history which has led to their formats.

A great, strong form and requirement example are income tax forms. Those things get challenged and argued about all of the time and so are built intentionally, with perjury signature blocks etc. They are built in a way that tie to the underlying law.

Due to the rush with this covid stuff, and current vaccine form standards I'm hoping that the resultant effort is easily defeated. For example, current mask laws are mostly "something on your face". They, in my state, were updated to say 'something that covers your nose and mouth' after people did the "lone ranger mask" challenge. You can currently make a useless mask for disease protection that is in compliance with the law.

That is also something to consider. A Covid passport will likely be refined as it is defeated and challenged. If a person was wanting to use a loophole in its design, lets say to flee a tyrannical nation, to a 3rd world nation, they would have to do so early in the release process, before the loopholes were closed.

The loopholes will be exposed as mouth breathing idiots who learn about the loopholes post them on facebook, or "reverse karens" throw tantrums about how the loophole is their right to use at a checkpoint and get on the national news.
now. if only we could everyone behind Voter ID, too!

because: What About GrandMa™ ?

the high

Kingfisher
For me, I'm past the point of logic/reasoning and into avoidance/low detection mode. The 'argument' is over and the myth is now a point of dogma for liberals, NPCs, overlords.

Mentioned many times but worth mentioning again, Yuri Bezmenov talked about this in his "Ideological Subversion" video.

"A person who is demoralized is unable to assess true information, the facts tell nothing to him. Even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with pictures. Even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him concentration camps, he will refuse to believe it. Until he is going to receive a kick in his fat bottom. When a military boot crashes his balls, THEN he will understand, but not before then. That is the tragedy of demoralization."

aynrus

Pelican
I think what's happening is now shocking to few thinking people of the formerly free Western world because they haven't experienced this kind of stuff during their lifetimes... I had seen it all and more in USSR. The sheep are limitless in how far they can go and the depths of nonsense they can believe in and force on others (can't reason with them...and they deny gulags to this day there).
It's like watching old Soviet Union re-established right now.
Good thing is that even Soviet Union wasn't able to destroy Old Believers/Old Order Orthodox and Mennonites who were living there. They were able to continue the way they did before, largely, because they have the system of protection from external world. Other smart people escaped from the trap before the door got permanently shut.

Last edited:

aynrus

Pelican
I'd get rid of the phone but realistically relocation to a different country without a phone will be major pain in you know what and might expose me to unnecessary risks, such as not being up-to-date on what's going on, cancellations, etc.

aynrus

Pelican
There're Linux smartphones with multiple hardware kill switches, including for bluetooth and other stuff that can be used to spy on one,. PinePhone, more expensive Librem 5. Android apps can not run on barebones phone Linux, without additional runtime. Their tracking apps won't be Linux-capable.

Switching to dumbphone has its benefits, but what they had been doing is stuff like forcing dumbphone users to use text messages instead, where QR codes scans were required/making them get a code texted, or they were issuing tracking smartphones or devices to those who don't have a smartphone. For now I simply disable bluetooth on my phone. If they get serious about phone tracking, they will do service changes that will render dumbphones useless.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Why don't you guys just...plan to get rid of your phones? We are.

It seems like forever ago that people just left their house without worrying about being out of communication with their loved ones. Nowadays people would look at you like an alien if you didn't have a cell phone.

My granmother and grandfather used a CB radio in the car and a base station at the house to communicate. This was also the standard for many local trucking businesses. When I lived in northern canada, radios which required a gov't license were used for longer ranges and there was a private channel that you could use to call a telephone line/system. It worked terribly but was better than nothing when you were stuck.

HighTower

Robin
Orthodox
There're Linux smartphones with multiple hardware kill switches, including for bluetooth and other stuff that can be used to spy on one,. PinePhone, more expensive Librem 5. Android apps can not run on barebones phone Linux, without additional runtime. Their tracking apps won't be Linux-capable.

Switching to dumbphone has its benefits, but what they had been doing is stuff like forcing dumbphone users to use text messages instead, where QR codes scans were required/making them get a code texted, or they were issuing tracking smartphones or devices to those who don't have a smartphone. For now I simply disable bluetooth on my phone. If they get serious about phone tracking, they will do service changes that will render dumbphones useless.
So you have no idea the band or the people you were communicating with
?

Oberrheiner

Pelican
I think what's happening is now shocking to few thinking people of the formerly free Western world because they haven't experienced this kind of stuff during their lifetimes... I had seen it all and more in USSR. The sheep are limitless in how far they can go and the depths of nonsense they can believe in and force on others (can't reason with them...and they deny gulags to this day there).
It's like watching old Soviet Union re-established right now.
Good thing is that even Soviet Union wasn't able to destroy Old Believers/Old Order Orthodox and Mennonites who were living there. They were able to continue the way they did before, largely, because they have the system of protection from external world. Other smart people escaped from the trap before the door got permanently shut.
Yeah it's funny.
My mom left communist russia to go to france back in her days .. now I'm thinking about leaving communist france to go to russia.

That is the weakness of any very strong system, the human link. I had heard a story once about the strength of new security measures, like X ray scanners for port crossings being so good that the criminals then just opted to increase the bribes. It turned out that an annual salary for a guard to be paid to have known containers bypass the scanners was cheaper than defeating the scanners.

The other option besides increasing compensation is to increase loyalty/zealotry of the humans in the systems. This would be the effect of replacing the police with social workers. Same or lower pay, but dogmatic zealots.

A lot of the success of any measures ultimately come down to a cost-benefit analysis. In any system there is always a point of maximum marginal efficiency, after which point, any extra input becomes less efficient at achieving additional output.

To use the quoted port crossing example, if every single container was thoroughly searched by guards, it would be an EFFECTIVE system, as all breaches would be discovered. However, that same system would be extremely INEFFICIENT, as the manpower requirements would be exorbitant. Any request for such a volume of manpower would be seen as immoderate, even by Government bodies.