BLM protests in the suburbs

epps_1920

Pigeon
But in the event of protesters in your suburban neighborhood - what is the best course of action? Avoid confrontation? Document everything with cameras? It seems to be even using pepper ball guns would provoke a mob to attack the house it came from, say they were spray painting or vandalizing homes.

Easy_C

Peacock
Leave. My recommendation would be to find somewhere you can pre-stage a vehicle outside your cul de sac with some currency, a few changes of clothes, and a backup phone.

If that’s not an option plant a cache you can reach on foot equipped with a burner phone, currency, a high dollar value pre-paid card, and a few water bottles. You would evacuate on foot and use this cache to summon a taxi and get you to the closest functional rail or bus hub

Effectively Resisting this kind of thing can be done but it’s not going to happen in areas where you don’t even know your neighbors. If you do know them and can discuss plans beforehand with enough like minded neighbors it’s a very different story but I am assuming that, because you’re asking the question on the Internet, that you don’t have that.

kel

Ostrich
The idea of "suburb" as happy, clean, tight-knit community for middle class people has to go away, just as the middle class largely has. Guys here (mostly 30s, as far as I can surmise) like me maybe got the tail end of that being true in some places, but suburbs are now largely for people to isolate themselves in their cheap ugly cardboard prefab wanna-be McMansions. Cities got safer in the 90s, became places of prestige again, weathly (and largely childless) people with disproportionate cultural and political power moved back there, inner suburbs started soaking up the formerly urban lower class, both the good and the bad.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
The idea of "suburb" as happy, clean, tight-knit community for middle class people has to go away, just as the middle class largely has. Guys here (mostly 30s, as far as I can surmise) like me maybe got the tail end of that being true in some places, but suburbs are now largely for people to isolate themselves in their cheap ugly cardboard prefab wanna-be McMansions. Cities got safer in the 90s, became places of prestige again, weathly (and largely childless) people with disproportionate cultural and political power moved back there, inner suburbs started soaking up the formerly urban lower class, both the good and the bad.

I have mentioned before that I am physically safer in my inner city neighborhood than I am in a culturally diverse suburb. My neighborhood might be poor and drug addled, but racially its mostly homogenous (White and Asian). The real trouble I find myself in is when I find myself in a racially homogenous Brown suburb after dark. Crime wise the Brown neighborhoods have less petty crime than my neighborhood, but racial and gang violence is 100x worse.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
There's no question that the concept of "community" has diminished across the board in much of America & its suburbs. That being said, the actual level of safety from suburb to suburb in the USA seems to vary dramatically. There are some "suburbs" that are arguably more dangerous than some city neighborhoods & there are suburbs (probably exurbs or bordering the exurbs) that still seem to be quite safe. The biggest drawback with the safer areas seems to be a higher cost of entry in a lot of cases. The price tag can be steep.

I'm way out in the middle of F'ing nowhere, beyond the suburbs, on the side of a mountain. I hear my neighbors target practicing with guns nearly daily - Just putting that fact out there...

The BEST thing that could happen to the black community in America would be a zero tolerance brutal crackdown on crime. Everything that White people are scared of in the black community, black people are just as scared of! Law-Abiding black people don't want to live next door to dangerous ex-cons, murderers, drug-dealers or rapists any more than law-abiding White people do!

I think a big difference is that White people don't make excuses for their trash, which is why we have the term "white trash." If a piece of white trash gets shot by the police, I'm not shedding any tears. Maybe if the black community got together and said, "George Floyd was a scummy criminal, we're better off without him." Maybe they wouldn't be living in such horrible conditions.
An excellent point.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
I think we're going to see more of this happen, so, its moot to say "well this is a disappointing development". Surely it is, but, there could be some good things that come of it. White liberals are the worst of all creatures today. Dispised not only by conservative whites but also the very minorities they say they support. Conservatives pull their hair out wondering why these people repeatedly vote and espouse certain things that are contrary to their interest. But, I think a large part of this is due to the fact that what these white liberals vote for never really manifests in their communities. Over here in my liberal New England town its very disheartening to see a lot of BLM and rainbow flags, but, for the moment my town is largely not affected by this. Property values still go up every year and the ferry to Boston still runs on time (adjusted for Covid). So, I think its going to take white liberals to actually experience the consequences of their voting to start to change.

This does not seem as remote as it did 10 years ago, or 5 years ago or even 2 years ago. I think the general direction of the country right now is towards tribal balkanization and the future for all whites is not good. I reference the rhetoric I've been hearing from the other side. You can go anywhere and openly call for the genocide of white people, but if you did this very same thing to any other non-white group, especially the protected ones, you're finished...for life. As these conditions worsen whites regardless of their bumper stickers will find themselves becoming a lot more conscious of their own racial solidarity. I wish it didn't come to this, but, I think we're dealing with forces here that are much larger, such as game theory.

Never mind BLM mods roaming your neighborhood, the biden fraud-adminstration is going to diversify the suburbs, which means bring more non-whites into the suburbs. The urban communities are decayed and burnt to the ground. This element alone will alter these communities in a bad way and they'll start deteriorating. Public schools, already hindered by a variety of woke anti-merit initiatives will now have to contend with out-of-control and violent students. A jealous black kid knowing he or she will not be suspended by both the school or police will run rough-shot over a predominantly white student body.

As this happens it will red pill people and then all the rest starts to happen. The white liberal is going to be forced out of necessity to contend with the very conditions he created. That might make for a lot of internal conflict, angst, and regret, but, it also makes for more solidarity. Because we'll be unable to survive without it. The inflection point of when this occurs will be significant in ways we can't fathom right now.