Bollywood Movie Thread

Eusebius Erasmus

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Some of you may not like Bollywood movies, but you should try them for a few reasons:

1. So far, the industry has not been fully subverted by you-know-who (they're trying -- Disney just signed a deal with a few Mumbai studios).

2. The quality of movies has gone up considerably.

3. The women are feminine, pretty, and youthful. Gender roles are generally emphasized.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A few actors I like: Akshay Kumar, Ranveer Singh, Hrithik Roshan.

The only actress to avoid is Alia Bhatt. Her movies are quite subversive. Also, don't watch Shah Rukh Khan.

Watch out for Sanjay Leela Bhansali. His movies are black pills.

For those who want some good movies to start with, I suggest the following:

War (2019) -- directed by Siddhart Anand. Amazing action movie.

Boss (2013) -- great action movie featuring Akshay Kumar.

Kesari (2019) -- good war movie starring Akshay.

wannable alpha

Woodpecker
Avoid Bollywood stuff produced by Netflix (SJW garbage), Karan Johar (closet gay), or Indian-American or Indo-British directors. The propaganda angle with these and others like them is that they produce pseudo-secular nonsense. i.e. Hindus bad, minorities good (esp Muslims). Now they are also adding feminist and gay stuff. Basically a copy of western sitcoms and movies set in an upper middle class or elite setting.

My recommendations (not mentioning the most popular ones or ones with heavy propaganda value)

Vaastav (gangster movie based on real life one)
Gadar: Ek Prem Katha (partition story based on real life)
Devdas (based on old novel)
Aankhen (based on a best selling play)
Sooryavansham (classic family melodrama)

Abhishek Bachchan
Guru (based on the first Ambani's life)
Sarkar Raj (political drama, based on Maharashtra strongman Bal Thackeray's life)

Raajneeti (political drama)
Agneepath (crime, 2012 remake with Hrithik)

Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone (real life couple)
Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (Romeo + Juliet)
Bajirao Mastani (historical true story on a Maratha warrior)

Simmba (cop movie)

Ajay Devgn movies
Singham (cop movie)
Tanhaji (another biopic on another Maratha warrior)

Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (biopic on Maratha queen who fought the Brits in 1857 rebellion)

Ashkay Kumar movies
Toilet: Ek Prem Katha (Toilet building in small village..RVFers will love this one LOL)
Padman (Based on real life story about making cheap sanitary pads :D)
Mission Mangal (about India's $64 million Mars mission)

Most of Ayushmann Khurrana's movies are also good. Starting with
Vicky Donor (sperm donor comedy)
Bareilly Ki Barfi
Shubh Mangal Saavdhan
Badhaai Ho

fokker

Ostrich
I saw Fan a while back. It's a Shah Rukh Khan vehicle about a socially-awkward fan of a fictionalised version of the actor (both played by SRK), who sells the internet cafe he runs so he can head to Delhi to meet him. When SRK snubs his fan and personally has him arrested for causing a nuisance, he decides to make his life hell, which culminates in action-packed chases through London, Dubrovnik and back to New Delhi.

It's less of a Bollywood movie and more of a Hindi-language Hollywood movie (similar presentation, a Hollywood-style score instead of traditional musical interludes like most Bollywood stuff).

I've also got a 1970 film called Johnny mera naam in my collection, but haven't gotten around to watching it. I got it becuase I thought the plot was interesting.

There are some great Redpill-MGTOW movies as well

There are many excellent Bollywood movies and I like their mix of drama, comedy, romance, and teamwork. Many of the movies are about making the community better or becoming more mature. Here are a few I like: