Brazil 2022 Presidential election

Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva was elected President of Brazil for the 3rd time (after 12 years outside the Planalto Palace).

Before Lula / PT, most people ate rice, beans, eggs and juice. With the arrival of the PT, people started to eat better (meat, such as sirloin, rump, inside coxão, etc... drink soda!), have a car and travel!

The protests occur because these people fear the return of the popularization of cars (and other consumer goods).

Clearly, they are sponsored protests, as there are more people in these protests than in Bolsonaro's campaign in the 2nd round (where defeat was imminent, as he was 6 million votes behind in the 1st round).

Are you saying Lula is good for Brazil?

Your message is very hard to understand.
Yes, the PT (Lula's party) was good for Brazil and will continue to be! So much so that it is the most victorious party in the democratic era (PT has 5 victories against 2 victories for the PSDB, 2nd place).

My 1st message means that I had better food under the PT government. I bought my 1st cell phone and my 1st car in the first term of Lula's government.

The protests in Brazil are taking place because they don't want car prices to go down! They don't want the democratization of consumer goods!

PT-BR

Sim, o PT (partido do Lula) foi bom para o Brasil e continuará sendo! Tanto é que é o partido mais vitorioso na Era democrática (PT tem 5 vitórias contra 2 vitórias do PSDB, 2º colocado).

A minha 1ª mensagem significa que tive alimentação melhor no governo do PT. Eu comprei meu 1º celular e meu 1º carro no primeiro mandato do governo Lula.

Os protestos no Brasil estão ocorrendo, porque eles não querem que os preços dos carros baixem! Não querem a democratização dos bens de consumo!

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Yes, the PT (Lula's party) was good for Brazil and will continue to be! So much so that it is the most victorious party in the democratic era (PT has 5 victories against 2 victories for the PSDB, 2nd place).

My 1st message means that I had better food under the PT government. I bought my 1st cell phone and my 1st car in the first term of Lula's government.

The protests in Brazil are taking place because they don't want car prices to go down! They don't want the democratization of consumer goods!

PT-BR

Sim, o PT (partido do Lula) foi bom para o Brasil e continuará sendo! Tanto é que é o partido mais vitorioso na Era democrática (PT tem 5 vitórias contra 2 vitórias do PSDB, 2º colocado).

A minha 1ª mensagem significa que tive alimentação melhor no governo do PT. Eu comprei meu 1º celular e meu 1º carro no primeiro mandato do governo Lula.

Os protestos no Brasil estão ocorrendo, porque eles não querem que os preços dos carros baixem! Não querem a democratização dos bens de consumo!
I'm not Brazilian, but I work with 2 and my company had a very strong footprint in Brazil and their Oil and Gas marke until Lula types wrecked it.. Both managers (one is 42 the other is 36) tell me that Lula was a complete corrupt turd extraordinaire.

Your comparison about election victories doesn't mean that much though....
Democrats in the USA have historically held majority power and we can see they are not in the "right side"...

Maybe for the poor and lower class, Latin populism is a good idea ... But for business owners and companies it is detrimental.

Aggregate wealth creation will be hampered under WEF stooges like Lula. Brazil may still benefit due to BRICs involvement, but I'm skeptical corrupt turd Lula will be doing much good for anyone but the poor and corrupt people in the country and will drive investment out of Brazil.

darknavigator

Woodpecker
Catholic
Lula was in the right place at the right time when he was first elected (2003). Firstly, his predecessor, Fernando Henrique Cardoso, had done all of the hard economic work (including establishing Bolsa Familia). Secondly, Brazil rode the global commodities boom due to the economic rise of China. He's really going to have his work cut out during this term.

I'm not Brazilian, but I work with 2 and my company had a very strong footprint in Brazil and their Oil and Gas marke until Lula types wrecked it.. Both managers (one is 42 the other is 36) tell me that Lula was a complete corrupt turd extraordinaire.

Your comparison about election victories doesn't mean that much though....
Democrats in the USA have historically held majority power and we can see they are not in the "right side"...

Maybe for the poor and lower class, Latin populism is a good idea ... But for business owners and companies it is detrimental.

Aggregate wealth creation will be hampered under WEF stooges like Lula. Brazil may still benefit due to BRICs involvement, but I'm skeptical corrupt turd Lula will be doing much good for anyone but the poor and corrupt people in the country and will drive investment out of Brazil.
Most businessmen do not like Lula / PT because the distinction between them and their employees is over (employees now have cell phones, cars, travel, etc...).

Lula was in the right place at the right time when he was first elected (2003). Firstly, his predecessor, Fernando Henrique Cardoso, had done all of the hard economic work (including establishing Bolsa Familia). Secondly, Brazil rode the global commodities boom due to the economic rise of China. He's really going to have his work cut out during this term.
I can't believe it, because Lula's predecessor President (FHC) was unable to make a successor!

And if this is true, then Lula "is one of the chosen"!

Caramasão

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer

Indeed, Lula was very lucky to catch the commodities boom of the 2000s.

Argus101

Robin
Protestant
Dude, you can't just repeat these leftist platitudes about businessmen being wicked people who hate the poor.
Don't genuine businessmen want to sell as many cell phones and cars as possible to as many people as possible and thereby increase
their own profits? The assertion by leftists that businessmen don't want to sell to people they consider inferior in status even if it means
foregoing additional revenue doesn't make sense.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Most businessmen do not like Lula / PT because the distinction between them and their employees is over (employees now have cell phones, cars, travel, etc...).

I can't believe it, because Lula's predecessor President (FHC) was unable to make a successor!

And if this is true, then Lula "is one of the chosen"!
The people in particular I am talking about are from middle class families.... And represent the type of people any economy needs as s base.

This is one of the lowest IQ comments I've read in a while.

basedgm

Pigeon
Orthodox Catechumen
Brazilian conservatives I follow think the military is waiting until the us election since they believe a republican senate won't sanction what comes out with the military audit of electoral fraud. Hopefully it becomes clearer in the coming days...

Regardless of what happens I'm inspired by the masses that are protesting throughout the country. Brazil is based.

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Other Christian
Gold Member
Just logged back on here, surprised to see the thread has been quiet for 4 days... as the situation continues to escalate down here. But unless you follow Brazilian alternative media, you won't hear about it. The mainstream isn't reporting (neither here nor abroad).
translation: the military will forward its report to the electoral commission November 9th regarding electronic voting, which was investigated by army engineers
So, this actually happened, and on the predicted date, November 9th (2 days ago as of the time of writing). Here's the play by play since then:
  • The armed forces did indeed conduct an audit of the election results and the voting machines. The 65-page report was submitted to the TSE (Supreme Election Tribunal). It raises many questions and demands access to the voting machines' source code.
  • Mere minutes later, leftist/globalist Supreme Court Judge and president of the TSE Alexandre de Moraes issued a note stating that "the military audit found no fraud and that the debate has long been over."
  • The Brazilian Defense Ministry responded with an apparently angry tweet saying: "The Armed Forces report did not exclude the possibility of fraud or inconsistency in electronic voting machines. Read in full", linking again to the report.
  • Fake president elect / usurper Lula responded with a statement saying the "report was deplorable and humiliating for the Armed Forces" - another "basket of deplorables" down here in Brazil gents... the Brazilian military!
  • Conservative citizen journalist Paulo Figueiredo Filho stated that according to his sources, yesterday (November 10th) at 4pm, a meeting was convened with all generals of the Brazillian Armed Forces.
  • Next, Bolsonaro appointed lawyer André Ramos Tavares as substitute minister of the TSE. I'm not sure what to make of this move in the context of the above to be honest.
  • Today, the Armed Forces of Brazil issued a statement to the press and to the people. It's a bit vague but it basically supports the right of those who are protesting and states that the Armed Forces will guarantee Brazilian democracy, legality and legitimacy.
This is like some kind of crime novel guys... can't stop watching. I predict after covid failed the globalists are going to make another big move in 2023. If Bolsonaro stays in power, Brazil may be a great country to ride that out, like Mexico was for covid.

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Other Christian
Gold Member
It all hangs in balance and if the military is pro-people. Is the street still furious?
Soon after the elections, the protests moved from the streets to the military headquarters. I do think that worked and the people have been heard by the Armed Forces. Right now the biggest protests are in Brasilia, the capital. Many truckers, farmers and other protesters who were able to do so traveled to Brasilia to continue protesting there.

That said, where I live unfortunately I see less Bolsonaro flags than before. While Brazil has probably the most based president in the world and the people want him to stay in power, Brazilians are also a people glued to the television. So it's possible many believe the world has moved on.

In summation protests are ongoing but they have diminished some. I think for people to stay in the streets for 2 weeks straight they need to actually be hungry. A "communist Brazil next year" is only the abstract expectation of hunger in the future, but with a full belly today.

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Other Christian
Gold Member
Big military moves in the streets of Brazil... this video is from Curitiba, November 11th (yesterday). Since the protests take place in front of the headquarters of the Armed Forces, I suppose this could be a routine move, I'm not sure. It's pretty big.

The military has demanded an explanation from the TSE, which was not given, so the military has now demanded congress resolve the situation, which probably will also not happen. They're following all legal and bureaucratic processes for now.

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Other Christian
Gold Member
Right now the biggest protests are in Brasilia, the capital. Many truckers, farmers and other protesters who were able to do so traveled to Brasilia to continue protesting there.
People here are saying the protests in Brasilia are the biggest ones in human history. I'm not sure if that is true but I don't think I've ever seen bigger protests than this? The video is a bit grainy, I'll try find better ones.

This is from 2 days ago, Saturday. Tomorrow, Tuesday the 15th is a public holiday, and the protests are expected to be even bigger as many more people will travel to Brasilia by tomorrow.

A friend told me there are 10 buses going to the protests tomorrow, from his city of under 70,000 people. It's a bus ride of almost 24 hours they're taking upon themselves. So based on all this... I guess we can answer this question:
Is the street still furious?
It looks like Brazilians are absolutely not having it. Let's see how it goes from here.

Unless the military does make a move, I predict Lula will take office. I doubt protests alone can change this. That said, even if it happens, it will be difficult to rule a country with that much opposition from the populace.

On the other hand, if the military does intervene, the narrative is set up perfectly to frame it as a anti-democratic military dictatorship, as the mainstream media hasn't been covering either the election fraud nor the protests.

We will see if the generals are willing to face that backlash from the left and from the international community.

Last edited: