California house buyers pay $560000 at start of pandemic but can’t move in bc covid

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
Same crap here, I've got a cunt of a tenant that is literally mucking up every prospect buyer my agent let it. But there's nothing I can do (the official way) cause' of the 'Rona nonsense. These bums become the King of your property while never lifting a finger in their lives. They're a protected species here, I still need to pay mortgage, rates, fees and everything else while this bum sits in my house on rental assistance.

Matters will be taken in own hands soon. *

*not reflecting on my personal situation ;)

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher
Same crap here, I've got a cunt of a tenant that is literally mucking up every prospect buyer my agent let it. But there's nothing I can do (the official way) cause' of the 'Rona nonsense. These bums become the King of your property while never lifting a finger in their lives. They're a protected species here, I still need to pay mortgage, rates, fees and everything else while this bum sits in my house on rental assistance.

Matters will be taken in own hands soon. *

*not reflecting on my personal situation ;)
Firebomb it and claim insurance. Err I mean try to be nice with him and negotiate what you want.

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher

Tldr
A couple pays cash for a nice house but the seller collects and decides to not move out because of covid loopholes
560k. That is a nice house elsewhere in the US and a bunch of FU money. Serves them right to want to live in a commie paradise.

Reminds me of people buying a shoebox in Sydney/Melbourne for the same cost as a 6 bedroom house on 10 acres in the countryside. Laughable
560k. That is a nice house elsewhere in the US and a bunch of FU money. Serves them right to want to live in a commie paradise.
Perhaps they have jobs in the area? Jobs tend to pay better in more expensive locations. That’s one of the reasons those areas are expensive.

Slide-Rule

Sparrow
January 2020. At that point people were just saying “just wash your hands and it’s no big deal”. Which ironically is likely still true
Fix that for yah. Get rid of masks, just have signs up in front and inside of every public restroom in the nation reminding everyone to wash their hands is all that really was needed for this mess.

This had been a problem in San Francisco for a while, way before scamdemic. I knew someone who paid the tenant 50K to move out within 6 months after closing, after they bought a place in SF.
I used to live in San Francisco, I've heard similar stories, one with the addition of ANOTHER 50K to clean up what was left behind.

aynrus

Kingfisher
Fix that for yah. Get rid of masks, just have signs up in front and inside of every public restroom in the nation reminding everyone to wash their hands is all that really was needed for this mess.

I used to live in San Francisco, I've heard similar stories, one with the addition of ANOTHER 50K to clean up what was left behind.
Yes, and some paid in the lines of 100K as a move-out payment alone (and not immediate move out, but somewhere down the road, to have them move at all) and it was years ago, probably a lot more now.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
The primary reason this whole plandemic has been so effective is the general population;s tendency towards civility and playing by the rules.

I have "illegally" evicted tenants/ squatters several times over the years in CA by simply "possessing" the property. Once I literally knocked on the door, walked in when they opened it then refused to leave. Cops came and I showed them a copy of the grant deed so they told the tenant "His house, take it up with a civil attorney" Two hours later they left to stay with friends and I had the locks changed. The next morning I had movers there put all their crap in a POD and taken to storage. When they showed up the next day they called the cops again and I told the cops they had nothing in the house. Cops said..."Its a civil matter. Nothing we can do. Call an attorney"

One day and about $2000 and I had my property back. (Even under normal circumstances it takes 3-4 x that $ and 6-9 months in CA). I got a letter from a lawyer saying they intended to sue me. I had my lawyer (he thinks Im a loose cannon but admits I know my shizzle ) respond that they had not only defaulted on their lease but had abandoned the property (with date stamped pictures of vacant house) and that I was going after them for back rent and damages. Never heard from them again

Know the rules
Know when and how to break them
Stop being sheep

Do you think "they" play by "the rules"?

PS....These people in OP should go after their realtor for letting escrow close while the seller still had possession. He should know better

Last edited:

Captain Gh

Ostrich
Gold Member
PS....These people in OP should go after their realtor for letting escrow close while the seller still had possession. He should know better
I'm amazed... about still being amazed by how much little nuggets them Red Pills keeps on giving us! Dude in the OP is Solid & did his due diligence... but he simply didn't know this... and maybe still doesn't!

Thanks Papaya... I'm sure this 1 little line... will save somebody a whole lot of headaches in the future!

Reminds me of people buying a shoebox in Sydney/Melbourne for the same cost as a 6 bedroom house on 10 acres in the countryside. Laughable
Mate, the quality of the housing stock in Sydney and Melbourne surpass that of other cities and regional area! Entry level office jobs and casual day jobs are abound! The million dollar two bedroom standard "Original" postwar fibro cottage 30km from the CBD is prime real estate!

Too many LNP voters in those regional seats as well.

LeoniusD

Pelican
The primary reason this whole plandemic has been so effective is the general population;s tendency towards civility and playing by the rules.

I have "illegally" evicted tenants/ squatters several times over the years in CA by simply "possessing" the property. Once I literally knocked on the door, walked in when they opened it then refused to leave. Cops came and I showed them a copy of the grant deed so they told the tenant "His house, take it up with a civil attorney" Two hours later they left to stay with friends and I had the locks changed. The next morning I had movers there put all their crap in a POD and taken to storage. When they showed up the next day they called the cops again and I told the cops they had nothing in the house. Cops said..."Its a civil matter. Nothing we can do. Call an attorney"

One day and about $2000 and I had my property back. (Even under normal circumstances it takes 3-4 x that $ and 6-9 months in CA). I got a letter from a lawyer saying they intended to sue me. I had my lawyer (he thinks Im a loose cannon but admits I know my shizzle ) respond that they had not only defaulted on their lease but had abandoned the property (with date stamped pictures of vacant house) and that I was going after them for back rent and damages. Never heard from them again

Know the rules
Know when and how to break them
Stop being sheep

Do you think "they" play by "the rules"?

Yeah - most people are absentee landlords or they try to play by the real divine rules.

In reality you gotta play with the same dirty rules they do.

I saw a news segment about a nanny who refused to leave and stopped doing her job. She came and went from the house as she pleased. Had her own room. The dumbfounded couple was living there with her. I think it was riverside CA, too.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
I'm amazed... about still being amazed by how much little nuggets them Red Pills keeps on giving us! Dude in the OP is Solid & did his due diligence... but he simply didn't know this... and maybe still doesn't!

Thanks Papaya... I'm sure this 1 little line... will save somebody a whole lot of headaches in the future!
There were likely several opportunities along the way to prevent this situation. For example CA purchase agreements automatically stipulate a final walk through just prior to closing...usually 3-5 days. If they had done that (even via face time call if scamdemic was the issue) and the seller wasnt moved out or at least packed up with clear signs he was leaving... why would they instruct escrow to close?

That was naive of the buyers and incompetence if not negligence by their agent