Camille Paglia is the manosphere's godmother

Icarus said:
Men without resources tend to be genetic dead ends.

Is a man living in his own home an improper or immoral (or what) display of these resources?

Your writing style had me worried that I missed something regarding Paglia. After about 5 minutes of research this site also perceived her main theme during the Peterson talk to be this "authentic 1960's revolution," not large families:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...cends_divisions_of_gender_race_ethnicity.html

I also looked up quotes from her because maybe she isn't as shit as perceived:

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Camille_Paglia

Some of them do sound good. Of course there's this gem (talking about Foucault whom she was lambasting with Peterson):

Camille Paglia said:
I'm so sick of the brainless overpraise of post-structuralist drivel. Michel's oafishly pretentious and phony to boot. I liked him for defending pedophilia, but his writing style is dense and irrational. And that forced Parisian accent that he no longer has in real life because of all the time he's been spending in San Fran bath-houses — ugh!

Yup, according to Paglia, Post-Modernist Michel Foucault's only redeeming quality is that he's down with kiddy-fuckers!

Here's an alternative perspective to thinking she's an "ally" or concerned with helping men better themselves: She's scared. She's studied history and constantly talks about jihadis and how America is like Rome. She also knows that it is the nice, heterosexual, white males that have actually tolerated homos and all kinds of other things and even have a legal system that protects people like her. Perhaps she knows that she is likely to take a 15 minute cage ride to the bottom of a lake if some groups come to power.

So, hey, if you get pumped up listening to a lesbian tell you how great Western Civ is, by all means. Here's a slogan for you:

Paglia Fanboy said:
Cucking for homos (and coming soon, Pedos) since the Authentic 1960's Revolution: at least it ain't (((the Jews))).

You can have that for free.

Icarus

Ostrich
Different T said:
Yup, according to Paglia, Post-Modernist Michel Foucault's only redeeming quality is that he's down with kiddy-fuckers!

I have read several interviews with Paglia and none mentioned pedophilia. I base my opinions on what I have read.

RoastBeefCurtains4Me said:
John Michael Kane said:
Dr. Hellen Smith could be considered a worthy contender for godmother in favor of standing up for the modern downtrodden man:

https://pjmedia.com/drhelen/

She writes insightful articles all the time. I suggest you read up on her if you haven't already.

Helen Smith (or actually her husband Instapundit who linked her) is the one who introduced me to a lot of manosphere concepts.

However, she is more of an MRA/MGTOW type. She started having a lot of material in 2007 or so about divorce rape, and about the way men are disrespected and ridiculed in commercials and sitcoms.

She didn't directly lead me to the red pill, but she definitely laid some of the groundwork that made me ready to accept it a few years later.

She has some good content and is writing as to why many men have "checked out" especially on the lower-end of the economic spectrum. Sometimes I fear she does play a role (however unintentionally I think) of allowing men to feel sorry for themselves instead of taking action. I know a lot of MRA/MGTOW types latch onto her.

Still, most men are meant to get married and have kids, so feeling sorry for yourself and giving MGTOW a pass isn't good for relations between the sexes. That's where I wish she'd take her evidence-based writing and try to be a bit more of an advocate as to how to fix the problems, not just give in to a never-ending stream of bad news.

Nonetheless, I give her credit to have the emotional depth to actually care about men's problems when so few women in power in journalism actually do. I respect and admire her as a human being for speaking about uncomfortable truths facing men these days. Hopefully, she can voice some possible ways out of the mess we're in. That would be a bit more uplifting to read and not encourage male victimhood.

Icarus

Ostrich
911 said:
Paglia is a purple piller

That may very well be the case, but she is a woman and if we want to overthrow the freaks & degenerates who took over the West in the 1960s and have been working towards its collapse since then, we needs all the allies we can get. Excluding people who aren't "pure enough" is not the way to build a large army.

Icarus said:
That may very well be the case, but she is a woman and if we want to overthrow the freaks & degenerates who took over the West in the 1960s and have been working towards its collapse since then, we needs all the allies we can get. Excluding people who aren't "pure enough" is not the way to build a large army.

And there it is. The guy calling fathers of girls at university "weak" and "cucks" now claims that accepting exactly the "freaks & degenerates who took over the West in the 1960s" as allies is necessary (but you aren't weak?). And more than a self described 1960's revolutionary, it's important to call her an ally because she's a woman (but you aren't a cuck?).

Seems legit.

Peacock
Gold Member
Icarus said:
911 said:
Paglia is a purple piller

Totally agree Icarus, Paglia is a valuable ally, and I like her for this. But she's also "purple pill", in that a lot of her basic values are still infected with 2nd wave feminism, and she's totally oblivious to the broader social engineering agenda that's behind feminism and other "progressive" movements. "Purple pill" wasn't actually meant as a dig against Paglia, it's just a real assessment of where she stands overall.

Women like Diana Davison (who also happens to be a lesbian IIRC) or Karen Straughan are allies who are pretty close to being red pill. They're fundamentally opposed to 3rd wave feminism, which they see as total garbage, while Paglia only sees it as well-meaning but somewhat flawed movement.

911 said:
Totally agree Icarus, Paglia is a valuable ally, and I like her for this.

LOL

Ad from Global Capital Corporation of Das Juden said:
Does not getting your way in politics have you down? Did you and your friends start listening to Jordan Peterson and are now in a Messianic quest to save the West, but just aren't gaining traction? Need an old-transgender-lesbian-feminist to really drive your point home and bring in lots of high quality recruits?

Well, have we got a deal for you!

Once exclusively the domain of progressives, you too can now have a LEFTIST PET.

Because what could go wrong!

*Global Capital Corporation of Das Juden not liable for damages from LEFTIST PET.

Buck Wild

Kingfisher
911 said:
Paglia is a purple piller, she's got a sharp mind when it comes to breaking down trans culture and other "current year" absurdities, but she's also got some glaring blind spots and other limitations due to her background. She's about as sane as a lesbo-feminist can get. In order to really get to the bottom, she has to step out from her fundamental identity, which would be too big a step for her.

Nailed it.