Can anyone recommend a spiritual Life Coach?

Oda Mae

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
In the past, I talked to a wonderful life coach in California, she was very helpful and calm, but not religious.

This seems to be a a spiritual sadness, so I would like to address it with a Christian life coach.

I am not near an Orthodox church with a permanent priest. I don't know if there is such a thing as a religious life coach that can guide me, but if you know of one or have some suggestions - acupuncture, a book that helped, herbal tea.

Last edited:

Layla78

Pigeon
Woman
Protestant
The only one I know of is Alison Antone. She has a YouTube called a devotional heart. She is a recent convert to orthodoxy, so I think she is just a catechumen. I do find her interviews calming but I can't speak to how good she would be as a life coach because I haven't used her services.

http://Bit.ly/ADevotionalHeart

Some of the interviews on her channel are just wonderful, she talks to people about how they become orthodox and their spiritual journey.

I also find Abbot tryphon quite uplifting to listen to. I watched a talk (you could google advent retreat Abbot tryphon to find it) where he just told anecdotes but somehow managed to convey a message through the anecdotes. Was a really gentle way to preach.

nathan

Robin
Catholic
I feel like some of the forum members here could offer this type of consultation service. I was just thinking about that today. I have some pretty niche goals that I think RVF might be the best place to have them solved but there's a lot more you can get across in a 1-hour zoom call with someone known to be reputable than an anonymous message board post that just skims the surface and is open to anyone and everyone.

Oda Mae

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
The only one I know of is Alison Antone. She has a YouTube called a devotional heart. She is a recent convert to orthodoxy, so I think she is just a catechumen. I do find her interviews calming but I can't speak to how good she would be as a life coach because I haven't used her services.

http://Bit.ly/ADevotionalHeart

Some of the interviews on her channel are just wonderful, she talks to people about how they become orthodox and their spiritual journey.

I also find Abbot tryphon quite uplifting to listen to. I watched a talk (you could google advent retreat Abbot tryphon to find it) where he just told anecdotes but somehow managed to convey a message through the anecdotes. Was a really gentle way to preach.
Thank you! I will check her out. Father Tryphon is a daily read for me. I contacted him on a separate matter several months ago - unknowingly, right in the middle of the Ancient Faith kerfuffle. He was, nevertheless, gracious. Good man.

Oda Mae

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
I feel like some of the forum members here could offer this type of consultation service. I was just thinking about that today. I have some pretty niche goals that I think RVF might be the best place to have them solved but there's a lot more you can get across in a 1-hour zoom call with someone known to be reputable than an anonymous message board post that just skims the surface and is open to anyone and everyone.
Yes! I had more detail in my post, but edited it multiple times to take out most of the personal. I've had a couple of people provide some info by private message, but voice and conversation seem to work better for me. But god stuff and the replies made me feel less beleaguered. I've decided to contact my local Greek Orthodox church again. Looks like they now have a permanent priest rather than a visiting one. Maybe G_d is pushing me to the next step of becoming part of the body instead of just solitary learning?

rigavitch

Pigeon
Woman
Orthodox Catechumen