Cancelling the West : Moving to the new Russia.

Stoyan

Banned
Orthodox
you could have read the Scripture I provided as the reason in the next sentence instead of writing all that. Democracy is also bad, I prefer freedom from statism.
It depends case by case though. What may have worked well for the ancient Hebrews probably wouldn't work for Belarus and Russia.

I have previously written somewhere that the Russian Revolution was the great error, and without correcting that great error, there can be no "New Russia". Because you have to accept your mistakes and correct them before you attempt to go further otherwise you step on the rake over again. Maybe that is why the Russian saints wrote about the necessity of monarchy?

Monarchy is a good way to preserve tradition. As long as monarchy remained in Central and Eastern Europe, Christianity lived there. When after WW1 the monarchies of Central and Eastern Europe crashed, started the downfall of Christianity, tradition, and morality in these countries, which is continuing to this day, except for Belarus of course, for obvious now reasons.

Anyway, here is another reason why monarchy can be a good way to organize society.

josemiguel

Robin
Orthodox
About Putin's new brand of nationalism
Nothing new about it, and it isn't nationalism.
this new Russian civic nationalism you speak of
is neither. "Russian World" concept is patriotic, not nationalistic. The latter is an enlightenment ideology, the former built on fatherhood. Nationalism is built on the concept of the social contract vs patriotism being the honoring of one's fathers, living and reposed.
In essence for Nationalism vs Patriotism:
Origin: Enlightenment vs Fatherhood
Nature: Secular vs Religious
Authority from below vs above
Organized around the children (people) vs the father (king)
Anti-monarchial vs monarchial
Nation-state vs Household-state
One-size-fits-all vs Fractal
Popular Monoculture vs Folk Culture
Nanny State vs Mother Church

Enlightenment nationalism stamps out dialects, even accents, and local culture for a uniform pop culture. This can be seen in both the French American revolutionary projects.
Russia, though still recovering their faith, is heavily influenced by the Orthodox Phronema that emphasizes local tradition. Ergo the concept of "Russian World" recognizes and respects local cultures and traditions. That's why the 22 autonomous ethnic republics are loyal to the Kremlin. There is no anti-culture being forced on everyone like in America. Nor do you have deracination like civic nationalism.

As Enlightenment nationalism breaks down folk kultur, it paves the way for Satanic internationalism which undoes Babel by deracinating/deculturizing/demoralizing all into monotony. Whereas Patristic Imperio, which Satanic internationalism is a parody of, preserves local tongues/folk culture/dialects and practices when united under an anointed emperor/czar. The material unity is as children, the various tribes, of the same father, the czar. The immaterial unity is through unity of one faith. Russia has converted a lot of Muslims over the last 700 years, if they keep getting saints like St Daniel Sysoev the job will be finished. "Russian World" while meeting the bar for patriotism, is still short of Patristic Imperio. We'll see if God grants Tsars again.

Stoyan

Banned
Orthodox
"Russian World" concept is patriotic, not nationalistic.
Wow, your idea is very similar to mine! Indeed, I have been thinking of similar things. It seems that we think alike. Please see my other post here.

thetruewhitenorth

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Wow, your idea is very similar to mine! Indeed, I have been thinking of similar things. It seems that we think alike. Please see my other post here.

There's a very common saying among Russian traditionalists which is "Russians of all nationalities" (русские всех национальностей).

It refers to Russionness not as ethnicity but a belief system. Anyone can be Russian as long as they speak the language (doesnt have to be their mother tongue), see Russia as a shared home, love, respect and protect it, are traditionalist.

Good example today would Ramzan Kadyrov, who is ethnic Chechen, Muslim, speaks Russian with a heavy accent. But he is more Russian than many.

During difficult times he is at the forefront of the war, actively participating and proving his love and loyalty to the country and the Leader everyday with words and actions.

Last edited:

thetruewhitenorth

Kingfisher
Orthodox
There's a video by Tim Kirby about a project he started called "An American Village". One American, Orthodox family has already moved.

In the video following the link below Tim speaks in Russian, but if you fast forward to the part with the American family, it is in English.

Last edited:

WanderingProtagonist

Sparrow
Orthodox
There's a very common saying among Russian traditionalists which is "Russians of all nationalities" (русские всех национальностей).

It refers to Russionness not as ethnicity but a belief system. Anyone can be Russian as long as they speak the language (doesnt have to be their mother tongue), see Russia as a shared home, love, respect and protect it, are traditionalist.

Good example today would Ramzan Kadyrov, who is ethnic Chechen, Muslim, speaks Russian with a heavy accent. But he is more Russian than many.

During difficult times he is at the forefront of the war, actively participating and proving his love and loyalty to the country and the Leader everyday with words and actions.
I don't agree with this at all "Anyone can be Russian." In that case why do people have an issue with brown people flooding into the U.S. from Mexico? That means anyone can be Mexican if they speak the language and that isn't true no matter how loyal you are to the culture. I don't believe in this stuff. My cousin can speak multiple languages but he would never identify as something he isn't. Import enough of these people from other countries they can just replace that population if Russia wasn't so big. You make it sound like Japan should let in a bunch of people from everywhere, as long as they speak the language they are "Japanese." No they are not.

I wouldn't want to go to Japan and find out their society is all mixed full of people from everywhere else like it's the United States. That's not why I would travel or visit another country. I'd want to be entirely among the people of that country. You can speak as many languages as you want, devote yourself to a culture as much as you want. But if your country was flooded full of people from elsewhere, you wouldn't even have Russians anymore. Look at how quickly white people are being replaced in the U.S. by people from all over. They don't identify as being "European" just because some of them might dress like them, eat their food, and speak English. Do you believe those brown people that learn English will become European people? I don't see it that way. And for the post that said "Racism only exist in America" that is a full blown lie. That exist everywhere. But people not wanting you in their country is not what I would call racist. If Russia imported as many people into their nation like the U.S. did, they would be in the same situation as the U.S. is in. No amount of outsiders speaking Russian would change that.

Last edited:

Stoyan

Banned
Orthodox
I don't agree with this at all "Anyone can be Russian." In that case why do people have an issue with brown people flooding into the U.S. from Mexico? That means anyone can be Mexican if they speak the language and that isn't true no matter how loyal you are to the culture. I don't believe in this stuff. My cousin can speak multiple languages but he would never identify as something he isn't. Import enough of these people from other countries they can just replace that population if Russia wasn't so big. You make it sound like Japan should let in a bunch of people from everywhere, as long as they speak the language they are "Japanese." No they are not.

I wouldn't want to go to Japan and find out their society is all mixed full of people from everywhere else like it's the United States. That's not why I would travel or visit another country. I'd want to be entirely among the people of that country. You can speak as many languages as you want, devote yourself to a culture as much as you want. But if your country was flooded full of people from elsewhere, you wouldn't even have Russians anymore. Look at how quickly white people are being replaced in the U.S. by people from all over. They don't identify as being "European" just because some of them might dress like them, eat their food, and speak English. Do you believe those brown people that learn English will become European people? I don't see it that way. And for the post that said "Racism only exist in America" that is a full blown lie. That exist everywhere. But people not wanting you in their country is not what I would call racist. If Russia imported as many people into their nation like the U.S. did, they would be in the same situation as the U.S. is in. No amount of outsiders speaking Russian would change that.
You are misunderstanding. Multiculturalism in Russia only applies to those peoples who have historically lived in Russia, such as Uralics, Finns, Poles, Caucasians, Buryats, Bashkirs, Kalmyks, etc. It does not apply to peoples who have never been parts of the Russian Civilization, for example Black Africans, or West Europeans. This is similar to the Chinese idea of multiculturalism, in that "Chinese" can be not just Han, but also Manchu, Hui, Miao, Viet, and others.

Just like China, Russia is an empire which links together peoples who historically have had similar culture, worldview, mentality, and shared history. Obviously foreigners would integrate poorly into the Russian culture, unless they make serious efforts on their own for this.

thetruewhitenorth

Kingfisher
Orthodox

It only applies to ethnic groups that have been historically living on the Russian territory and to those who are born outside of Russia but their ancestors belong to any of the traditional ethnic groups living in Russia today.

Example: Tatars born in Estonia or Chechens born and raised in Kazakhstan or Russian Orthodox born in Brazil.

Examples of those who do not qualify: Azerbaijani because Azeri historically never lived in Russia or Uzbeks.

josemiguel

Robin
Orthodox
If Russia imported as many people into their nation like the U.S. did, they would be in the same situation as the U.S.
They did, through their expansion, and yet they are not.
I don't agree with this at all "Anyone can be Russian."
He oversimplified. To translate the Ruso-Hispano concept of ethnicity to an Anglo:
1 Logos - language, including communication norms, ie Shibboleths
2 Ethos - unspoken rules of behavior, of both what we call culture and religion
3 Pathos - mutual feeling of belonging people instictively have for those who are not other
4 mythos - stories/narratives that bind a society
5 Economia - The actual functioning of an ethnic group in material reality where the above all play out in accordance to their ethnic norms.

In the case of AngloSaxon:
1 English
2 Protestant work ethic, queueing, honoring contracts beyond what every other culture considers reasonable.
3 intangible, why a Mexican will always be other no matter how Anglicized a Pocho is. Materialist and Reductionist in regards to racial boundaries.
4 Shakespeare, KJV, Tolkien, CS Lewis, Beowulf, Manifest Destiny/Rule Britannia, and sadly in recent times Holocaustianity
5 Capitalism, AngloLiberal enlightenment governance, Homo Economicus

Hispanidad:
1 Spanish and the peninsular dialects
2 Romanism to Machismo, strong honoring of mother compared to other civs
3 More like the Borg, accepts and integrates those who intermarry
4 Lope de Vega, Don Quixote, Canto de Mio Cid, Magical Realism
5 Extended Family, Multigenerational Living, caudillismo etc

Russian:
1 Russian
2 Orthodoxy, reserved, the opposite of American happy-go-lucky smiling all the time, eg Dostoevsky's "I will die" statement.
3 Has absorbed even more peoples than Hispanidad did via conversion and intermarriage in the past. Not material genetic purists like English.
4 Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, the Sagas, Orthodox hagiography
5 The opposite of Homo Economicus

These are but a brief summary of each category for each of the three to show the ethnic boundaries of what is Russian, what is Hispano, etc. and are not meant to be a complete snapshot. That would require a book each, Lev Gumilov having written the book on Russian ethnogenesis.

In short, AngloSaxon culture is incapable of absorbing anyone. Russia and Old Spain have long successful track records of doing so.

thetruewhitenorth

Kingfisher
Orthodox
They did, through their expansion, and yet they are not.

He oversimplified. To translate the Ruso-Hispano concept of ethnicity to an Anglo:
1 Logos - language, including communication norms, ie Shibboleths
2 Ethos - unspoken rules of behavior, of both what we call culture and religion
3 Pathos - mutual feeling of belonging people instictively have for those who are not other
4 mythos - stories/narratives that bind a society
5 Economia - The actual functioning of an ethnic group in material reality where the above all play out in accordance to their ethnic norms.

In the case of AngloSaxon:
1 English
2 Protestant work ethic, queueing, honoring contracts beyond what every other culture considers reasonable.
3 intangible, why a Mexican will always be other no matter how Anglicized a Pocho is. Materialist and Reductionist in regards to racial boundaries.
4 Shakespeare, KJV, Tolkien, CS Lewis, Beowulf, Manifest Destiny/Rule Britannia, and sadly in recent times Holocaustianity
5 Capitalism, AngloLiberal enlightenment governance, Homo Economicus

Hispanidad:
1 Spanish and the peninsular dialects
2 Romanism to Machismo, strong honoring of mother compared to other civs
3 More like the Borg, accepts and integrates those who intermarry
4 Lope de Vega, Don Quixote, Canto de Mio Cid, Magical Realism
5 Extended Family, Multigenerational Living, caudillismo etc

Russian:
1 Russian
2 Orthodoxy, reserved, the opposite of American happy-go-lucky smiling all the time, eg Dostoevsky's "I will die" statement.
3 Has absorbed even more peoples than Hispanidad did via conversion and intermarriage in the past. Not material genetic purists like English.
4 Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, the Sagas, Orthodox hagiography
5 The opposite of Homo Economicus

These are but a brief summary of each category for each of the three to show the ethnic boundaries of what is Russian, what is Hispano, etc. and are not meant to be a complete snapshot. That would require a book each, Lev Gumilov having written the book on Russian ethnogenesis.

In short, AngloSaxon culture is incapable of absorbing anyone. Russia and Old Spain have long successful track records of doing so.
That is probably why after living half of my life in North America, the only true friends I made here were mostly Hispanics. I always felt it was easy to get along with them. Their loyalty would last for years.

Also, our sense of humor is very similar. Where an anglo-saxon would get all up tight or even offended, a latin person would usually just laugh.

Logically, I married a South American.

Trewolla

Banned
Protestant
For the past few years I've made it a point to live among people who share my cultural history.

Rural southeastern America is my culture. It's a good one.

Stoyan

Banned
Orthodox
That is probably why after living half of my life in North America, the only true friends I made here were mostly Hispanics. I always felt it was easy to get along with them. Their loyalty would last for years.

Also, our sense of humor is very similar. Where an anglo-saxon would get all up tight or even offended, a latin person would usually just laugh.

Logically, I married a South American.
I've lived my whole entire life in North America, never have been to Russia itself, but I identify as Russian rather than American. I've gone to great lengths to learn the Russian language, culture, and history mainly from the Russian language internet. This is one of the most important things for me, to preserve my ancient culture, just like my fathers have. So it is important for me to find a wife who would be at least benevolently appreciative of my efforts to pass down my culture to the next generation, ideally someone who shares my enthusiasm equal heartedly.

thetruewhitenorth

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I've lived my whole entire life in North America, never have been to Russia itself, but I identify as Russian rather than American. I've gone to great lengths to learn the Russian language, culture, and history mainly from the Russian language internet. This is one of the most important things for me, to preserve my ancient culture, just like my fathers have. So it is important for me to find a wife who would be at least benevolently appreciative of my efforts to pass down my culture to the next generation, ideally someone who shares my enthusiasm equal heartedly.
Just curious, if you might share, where your parents are from?

thetruewhitenorth

Kingfisher
Orthodox
My mother was from the Soviet Union, and my father from a White immigrant community.
Interesting. Once I was in the gym and saw a middle aged man with a big orthodox cross, a nice bushy beard and in a great shape. He looked like he was teleported from a 19th century Eastern Europe.

I asked him where he was from. He said "why?". I said "well, Im Russian, and was wondering if you're from EE".

He put his hand onto my shoulder and said in Russian "Me too, brother" (that he is Russian too).

Turned our he was born in Brazil in a Russian Old Believers community, grew up in Oregon and then they moved further north looking for cheaper land.

What was interesting to me, the Russian he spoke was so unusual, because it was preserved from the Imperial times. I'd love to visit their community one day.

Stoyan

Banned
Orthodox
Interesting. Once I was in the gym and saw a middle aged man with a big orthodox cross, a nice bushy beard and in a great shape. He looked like he was teleported from a 19th century Eastern Europe.

I asked him where he was from. He said "why?". I said "well, Im Russian, and was wondering if you're from EE".

He put his hand onto my shoulder and said in Russian "Me too, brother" (that he is Russian too).

Turned our he was born in Brazil in a Russian Old Believers community, grew up in Oregon and then they moved further north looking for cheaper land.

What was interesting to me, the Russian he spoke was so unusual, because it was preserved from the Imperial times. I'd love to visit their community one day.
One time in the US, me and my parents also met one family of Old Believers, although they spoke Russian language with some errors. For example, "козлиное молоко", which maybe translated as "goat milk", but actually it means milk from male goat.

I learned Russian language from 19th century classics like Pushkin and Lermontov. My father used to scold me when I would intermix English words with Russian. So that is basically my attitude to my language. Although I am isolated from any White immigrants or Old Believers societies here.

I very much admire the Old Believers. I watched documentaries about them on YouTube.

Stoyan

Banned
Orthodox
He looked like he was teleported from a 19th century Eastern Europe.
Traditional Russian clothing is very beautiful and timeless. It's good for all ages. Unlike western fashion, which not only is absolutely hideous, but also the consumers are brainwashed to change their entire wardrobe every two years or so. Boots, baggy pants, embroidered shirt tied at the waist, and trench coat.