Cardano (ADA) thread

Pavel

Robin
Orthodox
I really like this coin for its growth potential to become something like Ethereum for the developing world. I believe it will be a great investment.

Anyone hold Cardano here? What's your view on it?

cosine

Robin
I'm all in on ADA. Silly?
Why go all in and not get a basket? If you have $1 in ADA for every $3 you have in ETH, even if ADA "wins" and dominates the space, you'll do really well.

Also, SOL appears to have already eaten half of ADA's lunch.

Last edited:

Pavel

Robin
Orthodox
Why go all in and not get a basket? If you have $1 in ADA for every $3 you have in ETH, even if ADA "wins" and dominates the space, you'll do really well.

Also, SOL appears to have already eaten half of ADA's lunch.
Thanks Robin. When I said I am "all in" I didn't mean that I am putting all my investments in ADA. I meant I am seriously considering ADA as a crypto with growing future. Probably 99% of my holdings are in index funds and cryptos are a very small portion of what I have.

bucky

Ostrich
Thanks Robin. When I said I am "all in" I didn't mean that I am putting all my investments in ADA. I meant I am seriously considering ADA as a crypto with growing future. Probably 99% of my holdings are in index funds and cryptos are a very small portion of what I have.
I've done pretty well with ADA, but I bought in early this year, so by pretty well I don't mean the 50x-100x gains that a lot of the big time crypto guys on here talk about, just around 2x to 2.5x of my initial investment, depending on how ADA is fluctuating at any given time. I've done even better with ETH, and I have a lot more ETH than ADA, so it's nice to hear that most people on this thread seem to think ETH has a future. On the other hand, IIRC, @Coja Petrus Uscan posted recently on another thread about how he believes ETH will enjoy another spike in the near future, then fade into obscurity.

No one really knows what will happen with ETH, ADA, BTC, etc, so I think having some ADA is a good idea. One thing that appealed to me about ADA when I first got into crypto was the SJW tone in its official verbiage online. Phrases like "working to achieve equality in..." and "to provide sustainable..." and other such buzzwords and drivel were everywhere. Even the name ADA...named after the alleged-but-not-really first computer programmer who was a strong, amazing, independent woman back in the bad old days of the patriarchy. I'm expecting a "crypto is racist" narrative to emerge in the near future, and ADA seems to want to position itself as the acceptable goodwhite non-racist crypto that might be allowed to thrive when the government crackdowns come, so even though I mostly hodl BTC and ETH, I feel good about also having some ADA.

Last edited:

BURNΞR

Pelican
I wouldnt worry about the long term prospects of a crypto beating out ETH or BTC. The more important question is whether it can pump before the end of this current cycle. ADA is one of the better coins technically but fundamentals aren't going to matter in a time where dogecoins are mooning left and right. It will drop 85-90% after the bull run. The question is how high can it go up? If ETH is going up 3x from here then it is likely ADA can do 4x or more just based on market cap.