Cardinal Rule for Success with Women

bmw633

Robin
For guys who are frustrated with the lack of high quality women, this comes to mind:

Matthew 6:33
King James Version
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Get right with the Lord, and doors will open.

For guys who are frustrated with the lack of high quality women, this comes to mind:

King James Version
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

The preceding verses of Matthew chapter 6 indicate that "all these things" was in reference to the necessities of life - food/clothing/shelter. The verse you have quoted is not promising romantic possibilities.

beaupre

King James Version

This! And as my pastor says, we can't look at God as a genie in a bottle. Have faith in him first and he'll reward you. He wants to reward you. I think that's what this line is trying to say.

This reminds me of what Jesus meant when he said "Don't love the things of this world." I believe he was cautioning us not to value materialistic things, but to desire to be closer to God, to seek him out. If you place too high a value on money, status, power, and other worldly things, you're bound to be disappointed. Try to find a woman who loves Jesus and tries her best to live the way he'd want her to. When you find her, you'll be on the same page in a lot of ways.

bmw633

Robin
If you get right with God, your life will change, and it has been my experience that doors will start opening up, but you must knock on the doors, not sit on your azz and expect someone will come drop something in your lap.

So many young people today have been shielded from facing obstacles and adversities early in life, mainly due to bubble wrapping and hovering parents who will not allow their precious kid to struggle or occasionally fail.

beaupre

^Yes, well said. Seek out God with all your heart. He'll reward you. But don't be too upset if you get your butt kicked a little along the way.

Agree about kids being pampered too much these days. Remember the days when your parents would let you play outside and out of sight as long as you came home in time for dinner? I can't imagine that happening today. We're a hypochondriac society now.

My favorite game maxim in the Bible is this:
"For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath." Matt 13:12

Esther 1 is also enlightening, as well as the rest of the "don't put women on a pedestal" stories in the Old Testament.

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
I know this isn't biblical but I now follow only one rule:

Make your own rules and don't let anybody else make them for you.

Women hate cucks and followers.

Of course I just made a rule about making your own rules and not letting anyone make your own rules....ouch head spinning.

beaupre

I know this isn't biblical but I now follow only one rule:

Make your own rules and don't let anybody else make them for you.

Women hate cucks and followers.

Of course I just made a rule about making your own rules and not letting anyone make your own rules....ouch head spinning.
One thing I've learned over the years, and painfully so, is women just can't stand a needy guy. A needy guy is the universal turnoff, no matter how compassionate or understanding a woman may be. There were times when I was younger and less experienced when a girl really liked me. But as soon as I started to get interested in her, I'd start wondering if she was The One. Then I'd start getting desperate and worried I'd screw up and let her slip away. I swear, women can smell desperation from a mile away and there's no better way to cause a woman to lose interest than that. And the funny thing is, as soon as I'd lose interest in a particular girl, she'd start throwing herself at me again.

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
One thing I've learned over the years, and painfully so, is women just can't stand a needy guy. A needy guy is the universal turnoff, no matter how compassionate or understanding a woman may be. There were times when I was younger and less experienced when a girl really liked me. But as soon as I started to get interested in her, I'd start wondering if she was The One. Then I'd start getting desperate and worried I'd screw up and let her slip away. I swear, women can smell desperation from a mile away and there's no better way to cause a woman to lose interest than that. And the funny thing is, as soon as I'd lose interest in a particular girl, she'd start throwing herself at me again.

Women aren't looking to be your Mother or your muse. My attitude with all of them now is to never be afraid to ditch them anytime. Some might call it 'Game'....I call it independence.

R.G.Camara

Woodpecker
Women aren't looking to be your Mother or your muse. My attitude with all of them now is to never be afraid to ditch them anytime. Some might call it 'Game'....I call it independence.

When women see themselves as a helpmeet, they tolerate some neediness, because they know it is their job to help the man shore up his life. But even they have their limits.

beaupre

i'm a little skeptical of the 'prosperity gospel" tones of "getting right with God" landing you a woman

No, follow God because it's the right thing to do. And if something else comes with it that is virtuous, so be it. But plenty of men much holier than us had much, much worse things happen to them.
Yes, another thing my pastor always says is it's about being faithful, not successful.

But I don't think anyone here was preaching the prosperity gospel. All through the Bible it says if you love God and have faith in him, you'll be rewarded one way or another. People here may be hoping that entails a fulfilling relationship, but who wouldn't? That's why we're here in this forum talking about all this. It doesn't sound to me like anyone's talking about quid pro quo with God.

Last edited:

beaupre

Just some more thoughts on the subject, as I'm up late and thinking things through as I'm getting some tedious projects done. I think it's okay to say to God that you glorify him and trust in him and just want a little happiness from him. He's the Father, after all. I think he can handle it. He wants a dialogue, a relationship with us. Remember, he doesn't like lukewarm.

MiroKlose

Sparrow
Sorry have to disagree with the heading of the topic "Cardinal Rule for Success with Women". It is a failure if you are "successful" with "women". In order to be successful you need to find and keep just one women for physical, emotional and spiritual union for the rest of your life. The moment you hop on to another women, it is not success anymore.