Cars You Guys Are Into

LukaJ

Pigeon
First time clicking this thread, and I had a feeling OP would mention the Porsche 911 and BMW's. I've never even been inside a Porsche, but I've always wanted to own one. As for BMW's, I have driven almost all of them. I own an 850ci and a convertible 3 series. I wouldn't say the 850ci resembles BMW, but it's a tanky machine nonetheless. I have always liked weird and interesting cars.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Honestly ? An extremely underrated car....the Ford Taurus SHO
Sporty,business,and aggressive.Also, still a very safe family car.

I just absolutely love my SHO. TONS OF OPTIONS OPTIONS OPTIONS , but for a fraction of the price of an Audi or a Benz. MY next vehicle is going to be a Lincoln MKZ with the twin Turbo package since Taurus's are done.

I really don't like the whole craze with these Hybrid SUV crossover gay things that every faggot drives. I'm a Ford CAR Guy...and Lincoln is an offshoot of Ford, so I'm gonna buy one ASAP.

My current SHO and Ford Pickup are good and all, but Lord willing we still have a republic, I'm gonna get an MKZ.
The MKZ twin turbo is the classier cousin of the SHO

I dont know, but ever since i bought my first Taurus in High school which was a hand me down piece of garbage, they've been in a soft spot in my heart for years. I love my Ford Taurus.

I had a '92 SHO that i got 13 tickets in a year and thankfully my grandfather knew the judge at his church...got 11 of them absolved and i had to do traffic drivers defensive training twice ... Needless to say i got rid of that car within a year cuz it was causing me trouble

A friend ran a high end used car dealership here in Vancouver. One day he called all excited and wanted me to come down for a test drive. I just assumed he was going to have the Lexus LFA which he had been bidding on. But when I got there, it was the SHO. It had some upgrading and was showroom quality. He said this was the most insane sleeper he had ever driven. We went for a little drive and I almost bought it right there. It was quiet, comfortable and insanely fast and smooth. And the price was crazy cheap.

And great taste in the new Lincolns. They are currently my favorite sedans on the road.

SouthernTory

Woodpecker
First time clicking this thread, and I had a feeling OP would mention the Porsche 911 and BMW's. I've never even been inside a Porsche, but I've always wanted to own one. As for BMW's, I have driven almost all of them. I own an 850ci and a convertible 3 series. I wouldn't say the 850ci resembles BMW, but it's a tanky machine nonetheless. I have always liked weird and interesting cars.
Is that the old 850 with pop up headlights? loved those since I was a youngster. Always wanted one

bmw-850csi-06.jpg

LukaJ

Pigeon
Is that the old 850 with pop up headlights? loved those since I was a youngster. Always wanted one
Yes it is. The only difference is the one in that photo is a CSI, you can notice how bigger the body kits are.
Mine costed only $3500, it needed was a new camshaft, but I believe the price was still a great deal. Buying cars from old folks who also aren't posting their ads on the internet is the best option!

Cool cars are out there for a low price, just mostly not online. I see those old school muscle cars, and people are asking ridiculously high prices. My friend got a 1960's mustang for I think no more than 2 grand from his neighbor.

Last edited:

The Resilient

Ostrich
Orthodox
And great taste in the new Lincolns. They are currently my favorite sedans on the road.
You know it. I'm a Ford guy. Sucks that Ford gave up on their sedan line. I love sedans..I just do. Nothing like cruising down the dragons tail mountain pass in a machine that you can enjoy the ride in. Sleepers are my favorite also. You can keep your loud and rowdy muscle cars...ill beat you in a boat with less expenditures to your muscle car
:laughter:

LukaJ

Pigeon
You know it. I'm a Ford guy. Sucks that Ford gave up on their sedan line. I love sedans..I just do. Nothing like cruising down the dragons tail mountain pass in a machine that you can enjoy the ride in. Sleepers are my favorite also. You can keep your loud and rowdy muscle cars...ill beat you in a boat with less expenditures to your muscle car
Gotta thank the curvy-round SUV's, or the Chinese people. What if it's mostly the Chinese who are buying SUVs, but Doug Demuro is just blaming us all?

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member

True. I guess from a P&L standpoint the bean counters there figured that they should focus on profitable F150 pickups & Mustangs.

Tex Cruise

Pelican
Built over brought any day.

I’m building a 40 series land cruiser cab on 80 series chassis and running gear with a ls2.

Yeah nice, I used to have a shorty 40.

Sounds hard to register in Australia though, I take it you've already spoken to an engineer? LS swap is pretty straightforward, but a rebody with an earlier cab requires jumping through a few hoops.

Hell_Is_Like_Newark

Kingfisher
Gold Member
A car style that isn't popular in the USA:

Sporty four door hatchbacks along the lines of the discontinued Mazda 3 Speed. I live in an urban area so something that I can manuever around double parked vehicles, tight turns, and is easy to fit in a compact parking space is what I like. I never understood people who live here and drive these massive SUVs. I often see women driving these monsters and struggling to parallel park them.

Punchitchewie

Woodpecker
Yeah nice, I used to have a shorty 40.

Sounds hard to register in Australia though, I take it you've already spoken to an engineer? LS swap is pretty straightforward, but a rebody with an earlier cab requires jumping through a few hoops.
Actually pretty straight forward. Follow a few guidelines and get donor vehicles pre 1997. Having deep pockets also helps. Fistful of cash to a mate of a mate can buy anything even down here in Karenland.

It takes on the vin of the donor chassis, it remains a 80 series land cruiser. Doesn’t step into the realm of “purpose built” vehicle and all the fun that entails. It’s also pre 97 so there’s no ADRs for side intrusion or abs etc. Anything post 97 is virtually impossible to get engineered unless you are willing to pay for destructive testing or find a very willing/ stupid engineer. For example someone manager to get a 40 cab on 79 chassis registered.

bmw633

Woodpecker

View attachment 26922
I had a 1983 633CSi 5 speed, a 1987 635CSi L6, a 1989 750iL, and I wanted an 850i, but the cost of keeping it on the road made me pass on it.

Lexus made an SC400, which used an 850i as an comparison. I had a low mileage 1995 SC400, which was a really sweet ride with Toyota dependability.

I have some old Honda motorcycles, but my fun car is a 2001 Corvette 6 speed. You can pick these up very cheap nowadays.

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
1978_saab_99_turbo_coupe_001_-5418e4a93f219.jpg

The Resilient

Ostrich
Orthodox
Gotta thank the curvy-round SUV's, or the Chinese people. What if it's mostly the Chinese who are buying SUVs, but Doug Demuro is just blaming us all?
Not sure who Doug is, but I hate these fatty wide SUV hybrid crossover queer things every obese American drives in the urban areas .

They just reek of a lack of ingenuity...I can't quite put my finger on it....

You know the whole Postmodernist brutal architecture that we're being subjected to currently in building design ? These weird crossover SUV vehicles fall into the same category for me.

I also find the biggest faggy dudes drive them and most annoying women do too.

I'll be damned if they all don't have 3 cursive letters on the back rearview window as well too.

bmw633

Woodpecker
Not sure who Doug is, but I hate these fatty wide SUV hybrid crossover queer things every obese American drives in the urban areas .

They just reek of a lack of ingenuity...I can't quite put my finger on it....

You know the whole Postmodernist brutal architecture that we're being subjected to currently in building design ? These weird crossover SUV vehicles fall into the same category for me.

I also find the biggest faggy dudes drive them and most annoying women do too.

I'll be damned if they all don't have 3 cursive letters on the back rearview window as well too.
Doug DeNiro has a YT channel, where he reviews cars. Kind of a candy azz.....

The crossover SUVs are for soccer moms and testosterone-challenged men. Buy a Tahoe or Suburban, or some other brand based in a full sized pickup truck.

grenade001

Woodpecker
Doug DeMuro has a YT channel, where he reviews cars. Kind of a candy azz.....

The crossover SUVs are for soccer moms and testosterone-challenged men. Buy a Tahoe or Suburban, or some other brand based in a full sized pickup truck.

While Doug DeMuro covers a lot of cars in his videos that other Youtubers don't, I agree his is a bit soy. His voice grinds my gears, but not as bad as Millenial aged reviewers.