Cars You Guys Are Into

gat

Sparrow
My taste in cars might be a little weird by this forum's standards. I'd love to be driving a blocky SUV from the 1980s-90s.

View attachment 34008View attachment 34011View attachment 34010
View attachment 34009
I'm with you though I like slightly less boxy.

I have a 2002 Toyota Sequoia at the moment. It's getting up there - over 300k miles.

I'd like to pick up a mid 90s Toyota Land Cruiser next. Check out this beauty: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-toyota-land-cruiser-31/

Hermetic Seal

Pelican
Orthodox
Gold Member
I really can't stand modern SUV design (from roughly 2005 onward) where it seems like the fenders have gotten outrageously tall and the windows shorter and shorter, with huge front ends that look weirdly large compared to the tires. The older vehicles look better proportioned to me. Only a couple of current ones, like the 4Runner, look decent to my eyes.

For me, the mid-90s GMT400 (C/K, Sierra, Yukon, Suburban, Tahoe) is a perfectly designed vehicle with excellent aesthetics and practicality. Unfortunately, these were mostly driven into the ground, so these days you don't come across many nice, low-mileage examples. They seem headed in the direction of 80s/90s Land Cruisers, which have skyrocketed in value.

kel

Ostrich
My taste in cars might be a little weird by this forum's standards. I'd love to be driving a blocky SUV from the 1980s-90s.

View attachment 34008View attachment 34011View attachment 34010
View attachment 34009
Hell yes, I've been looking for something exactly like this. An 80s/90s Jeep, Dodge Ram, etc. Something with a little cache. My dream, honestly, is something like that, but retrofitted just a little with a more efficient modern engine, bluetooth stereo, a few little comforts like that. Don't know if that's possible, not something I've come across in any event.