CDC: Face masks no longer required for the vaccinated

aynrus

Pelican
Went to Walmart yesterday. They still have the sign on the window, but our state does not have the mandate anymore. Went in. I had a few surprised stares, people either kept to themselves, or avoided me. I had someone, I don't know if it was a Karen, or sometime teenager exclaim, "it's one of them!" I didn't say anything. I got my stuff, checked out and went to my car in the parking lot. This "rule" is exclusively meant to tribalize, divide and cause havoc. There is something very sinister going on.
Where is that? Must be New York or CA. I've been to a few Walmarts as I travel rurally and it's often the only source of organic food, the atmosphere in them had been pretty chill even before cancellation of mask mandates.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
The corporate gym I go to lifted its mask requirement the day after my Democratic governor lifted the indoor mandate for "vaccinated" people. Immediately, 70-80% of the patrons at the gym took off their masks. The remainder still wearing their masks are, as you could probably guess, frumpy-looking millennial types. I know I should go to an independent gym, but I get a huge discount for the corporate chain through my insurance company. At least they lifted the mandate as soon as they felt free to do so. The employees took off their masks also, even though the governor recommended that service employees keep theirs on.

I notice the same thing everywhere around my area. A local mall still had the "mask required" signs up on its doors. Ninety percent of the people inside were wearing their masks. A local car dealership was the same story. At both places, masked-up people stared at me and I looked them back in the eye and gave them a smile, and they quickly looked down or looked away. No one said anything. The few people I saw who weren't wearing masks at the mall or the car dealership were fit-looking, middle-aged white people. Interestingly, the other people not wearing their masks did not attempt to make eye contact and nod and smile at me. They acted as if it were completely normal and nothing special about it to be maskless.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Depends on where in Appalachia. Appalachia is quite big, Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western, etc, plus some states still have mandates, such as Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia and North Carolina (versus Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama). Then there're MD, NY (both very bad) and PA. Not sure what was the situation in PA. It's drastically different in different parts of Appalachia.
(would be helpful to be more specific about states and cities when mentioning seeing something)
It was several states. The main factor from what I noticed was proximity to major leftist metropolises *and* universities. There were smaller towns with a university or college that you would assume to be decent, but weren't. Don't want to doxx myself as I've told others of this trip.

aynrus

Pelican
It was several states. The main factor from what I noticed was proximity to major leftist metropolises *and* universities. There were smaller towns with a university or college that you would assume to be decent, but weren't. Don't want to doxx myself as I've told others of this trip.
That's what you will get near those locations.
Every metropoly right now is leftist, and so is almost any college.
Tennessee Appalachia had been largely mask-free, unlike Kentucky Appalachia. The stuff is mostly controlled by the state or local mandate.

Big corporations handling food like Walmart, Kroger, etc literally could control everything out in rural areas at this point, all it would take them is put a foot down and stop food deliveries - major chaos would ensue (and some local officials would probably be swinging off tree branches if it went for long enough and foods weren't delivered). Mandates or not, they can decide what they require and what they enforce.

By the way, a tool to check for liberals' zip codes:

Bright_Sun

Pigeon
Went to Walmart yesterday. They still have the sign on the window, but our state does not have the mandate anymore. Went in. I had a few surprised stares, people either kept to themselves, or avoided me. I had someone, I don't know if it was a Karen, or sometime teenager exclaim, "it's one of them!" I didn't say anything. I got my stuff, checked out and went to my car in the parking lot. This "rule" is exclusively meant to tribalize, divide and cause havoc. There is something very sinister going on.
Officially, Walmart dropped their mask mandate last Friday for customers who are fully vaccinated, so it seems silly that people reacted to you that way. They're probably the people that took the vaccine and still wear the mask.

Yesterday, I also went shopping without a mask (I'm not vaccinated BTW). To my surprise, almost everyone else was still wearing a mask! I didn't get any bad stares though, maybe because it was a small town.

People are so conditioned to follow rules -- it's sad.

When I went shopping without a mask in one of the most liberal cities in my state, this old guy wearing a mask stared at me like I was a criminal or something. :squintlol: I just gave him a friendly smile and nod and kept walking.

aynrus

Pelican
When I went shopping without a mask in one of the most liberal cities in my state, this old guy wearing a mask stared at me like I was a criminal or something. :squintlol: I just gave him a friendly smile and nod and kept walking.
I just give them "Russian death stare" when they try looking at me this way....but luckily it hardly ever happened.
I travel and when I came to a new town I usually would wear camo to a store first day/until I got familiar with the local "situation", to give them a message not to try jumping me. Wanted to make "Covid is a Hoax" mask but never got around it, I just don't ever wear them.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Document the savings rate, call up the local, gym, and say that you’d prefer them and if they can give you something close to that you’ll switch.
That's a good idea and I may check into that. I forgot to mention that the corporate gym also has a two-lane lap pool which I need for triathlon training. Most independent gyms don't have a pool.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
I'm back in Washington D.C. zombie land. The mask mandate for the vaccinated is lifted by law, but when I went to Target today, I was the only one who didn't have on a mask. Compliance was total even though at least a third of the people I saw had to be vaccinated. At least no one said anything to me. It may take a long time for people to stop wearing masks, if at all.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
How are they going to verify who is vaccinated or not when it comes to not wearing a mask? Has any system been implemented yet?
This is already a problem they've underestimated.

At work I had an annual evaluation a few weeks ago where my manager asked if I was vaxxed - as a part of the evaluation?! The question was thrown in there without the company even thinking of the ramifications. I gave an appropriate answer.

Subsequently, I was also expected to ask my subordinates if they were vaccinated. I let them know the question was voluntary but I still felt wrong asking (it wasn't specifically voluntary, but that's what I told them while emphasizing no answer had any effect on the review score I would give them).

At one point an HR lady sent out an email asking me and other managers for a list of everyone on my team who is vaccinated. I wrote back asking if they'd checked with legal and compliance about this, since it obviously crosses into HIPAA territory and could expose the company to liability for mishandling personal health information.

She replied telling me to disregard the request as management finally realized such questions were far out of scope, especially during reviews. I cite this as an example of the kinds of hurdles that still exist for vaccine passports - they are not a slam dunk just yet.

This can get seriously carried away - if they are going to ask about the vaccine before attending a company picnic, what about a negative HIV test? A positive test could put attendees at serious risk of death or life long dependencies on antiviral medication if someone cut themselves opening a can of soda, etc. We could go on and on about deadly health risks....

Never mind by the time they figure all of this out, summer will be in full swing, businesses back to normal before any verification system can be established and maybe even a shoulder-to-shoulder BLM march or two. Walmart, Costco, Starbucks and many others already dropped the mask requirements with an ostensible honor system in place for vaccinated individuals.

The government tried to stay ahead of the vaccine game to present themselves as curing it, but the reality is it's run most of its course. We've all probably already been exposed to it and they can no longer control the narrative, especially with Fauchi losing so much credibility lately.

It's done, it's over. Unless bodies start dropping fast and hard, the public won't tolerate or even be interested in a vaccine passport.

Roosh said:
I'm back in Washington D.C. zombie land. The mask mandate for the vaccinated is lifted by law, but when I went to Target today, I was the only one who didn't have on a mask. Compliance was total even though at least a third of the people I saw had to be vaccinated. At least no one said anything to me. It may take a long time for people to stop wearing masks, if at all.
The mask is the MAGA hat of the left. They're positively crushed at the thought of losing it.

Last edited:

Easy_C

Peacock
At one point an HR lady sent out an email asking me and other managers for a list of everyone on my team who is vaccinated. I wrote back asking if they'd checked with legal and compliance about this, since it obviously crosses into HIPAA territory and could expose the company to liability for mishandling personal health information.
If you’re going to go for administrative violence, one tactic you can use is asking for specific instructions that you know will violate federal law and/or internal policies. Either they’ll back off which gives you a paper trail to play defense with or they go ahead and do it which means they’ve just given you the rope to hang them with.

This is already a problem they've underestimated.

At work I had an annual evaluation a few weeks ago where my manager asked if I was vaxxed - as a part of the evaluation?! The question was thrown in there without the company even thinking of the ramifications. I gave an appropriate answer.

Subsequently, I was also expected to ask my subordinates if they were vaccinated. I let them know the question was voluntary but I still felt wrong asking (it wasn't specifically voluntary, but that's what I told them while emphasizing no answer had any effect on the review score I would give them).

She replied telling me to disregard the request as management finally realized such questions were far out of scope, especially during reviews. I cite this as an example of the kinds of hurdles that still exist for vaccine passports - they are not a slam dunk just yet.

This can get seriously carried away - if they are going to ask about the vaccine before attending a company picnic, what about a negative HIV test? A positive test could put attendees at serious risk of death or life long dependencies on antiviral medication if someone cut themselves opening a can of soda, etc. We could go on and on about deadly health risks....

Never mind by the time they figure all of this out, summer will be in full swing, businesses back to normal before any verification system can be established and maybe even a shoulder-to-shoulder BLM march or two. Walmart, Costco, Starbucks and many others already dropped the mask requirements with an ostensible honor system in place for vaccinated individuals.

The government tried to stay ahead of the vaccine game to present themselves as curing it, but the reality is it's run most of its course. We've all probably already been exposed to it and they can no longer control the narrative, especially with Fauchi losing so much credibility lately.

It's done, it's over. Unless bodies start dropping fast and hard, the public won't tolerate or even be interested in a vaccine passport.

The mask is the MAGA hat of the left. They're positively crushed at the thought of losing it.
I'd like to think/hope so.

But something in the back of my mind thinks this is only a reprieve until the fall and flu season starts back up again. Or perhaps until the 2022 elections. I just don't think this was only tied to the past election. Something more sinister is occurring and I think this phase is just a steam release.

HectorLavoe

Woodpecker
While the mask mandates seem to be getting lifted south of the border, here in Soviet Canada the end to these mandates is no where in sight. I am being forced to get a doctors note to continue working without one. My family doctor doesnt believe there are any known illnesses which should preclude someone from wearing a mask, even severe respiratory conditions. I am not sure what to do at this point, I most likely will lose my job.

Easy_C

Peacock
Canada and UK are one reason why I think the initial CV strategy failed to work as well as intended in the US. CN, UK, AUS, NZ are all perfectly following the intended script of total lockdowns with police state powers that become normalized. In the US that didn’t get as far and the pushback from red areas had some possibly unintended consequences: people started fleeing major blue cities en-masse which has created difficulties in governance there.

As harsh I am now on Trump, the single most important thing he did in his Presidency was to push back on the lockdowns and accept Armstrong’s recommendation of lifting some restrictions on May 22nd last year. That paved the way for disparate reactions in different states.

The last part is key: the moment you don’t have universally oppressive reactions to this the entire agenda falls apart because some areas will actually benefit economically as capital moves to those locations.

CV was not sufficient for Actually implementing the full martial law agenda in the USA. That’s going to require something that gets people to accept full martial law like a grid “hack” which leads to temporary anarchy or a total war situation against Russia/China.

Batman_

Kingfisher
Oddly enough in my city, the day after the mandate was dropped, 95% of gym-goers were mask-free and have continued to be so, and this is at a fairly large gym. Majority of people outside have stopped masking as well, maybe 5% still do, in contrast to roughly 75% before.

Strangely enough, the grocery store still had nearly 100% compliance. Whereas before it was 99.9999%, now it's 95%. I didn't get any unusual looks though and in fact for the past year, the majority of people are indifferent to my maskless appearance. In fact I think I've only had 3 or 4 occasions in this entire scandemic where someone asked me to wear a mask (one of which was the day of the mandate in March 2020), and I live in a pretty blue city to boot.

Some people at the grocery store (both masked customers and employees) have even chatted with nonchalantly about food and didn't look concerned or annoyed at all. I have no idea what is going through the majority of peoples heads at this point, but I am starting to think they're not as deluded as you'd expect. More people are waking up and I honestly just don't see this going anywhere.

Last edited:

aynrus

Pelican
Speaking of Walmart...I've been to a couple of Walmarts in Nashville area.
Clearly, people plainly use masks for political signaling at this point and nothing else.
In one Walmart, there were about 50% Black customers, the rest White. Everyone Black was wearing a mask but about 95% of Whites were not wearing them, it was quite a sight to behold. People are simply making political statements.
And just an hour from that area I know that rural Blacks (versus urban) weren't keen on wearing muzzles at all, even when mandates were still in place.
Another Walmart was in pretty much all-White area right near Nashville and no one was wearing them, I saw whole one mask on a customer in the whole Walmart, and most employees weren't wearing them either.

aynrus

Pelican
While the mask mandates seem to be getting lifted south of the border, here in Soviet Canada the end to these mandates is no where in sight. I am being forced to get a doctors note to continue working without one. My family doctor doesnt believe there are any known illnesses which should preclude someone from wearing a mask, even severe respiratory conditions. I am not sure what to do at this point, I most likely will lose my job.
Can you find a naturopath type of doctor? I'm not sure how they're called in Canada, in the US they're called holistic medicine (mixed regular medicine and natural) and naturopaths (all-natural) and they're full-fledged doctors. They're often not into the official narrative and are anti-vaxx too.

Last edited: