CDC finally put correct numbers for mortality

CDC finally updated their originally flawed models again--went from 3.0 percent to 0.46 percent mortality, and it's probably less, as more civilized Euro countries are reporting 0.21 percent.

Still, the Fed chairman and the corporate media is touting more danger and pushing for a shut-down in the Fall. I am shocked that at this late date, Gov. Cuomo, who had the most severe state shut-down, is currently at a 72 percent approval rating...

Reactions: kel
CDC finally updated their originally flawed models again--went from 3.0 percent to 0.46 percent mortality, and it's probably less, as more civilized Euro countries are reporting 0.21 percent.

Still, the Fed chairman and the corporate media is touting more danger and pushing for a shut-down in the Fall. I am shocked that at this late date, Gov. Cuomo, who had the most severe state shut-down, is currently at a 72 percent approval rating...
Well with these new riots potentially increasing the number of cases in NYC even more and as long as he supports the "protests" that approval rating will probably go up. It doesnt make any sense but 2020 seems to always have another trick up its sleeve

Edit.. watch for mass flooding coming soon

andy dufresne

Woodpecker
Yah....exclude nursing home deaths and those with comorbidities and what is the REAL number? You have a higher chance of dying from someone farting in your face. Having had most of the symptoms (yah I'm the CIA plant) I can say that even with a decent case of it, it's less a pain in the ass then the real flu.

NY is in for a rude economic reopening. Shame NY doesn't have a governors election this year.

Last edited:
I'm skeptical of these polls, as we know that they are very politically biased via methodology from the Trump campaign. I don't know one person outside of work that supports this hysteria.

EvanWilson

Kingfisher
Gold Member
While I do think a lot of the numbers are wrong, since they seem to be all over the place; I do believe that COVID-19 is more serious than the typical seasonal flu and reasonable measures should be taken to at least try to slow down the spread, but such choices should be left up to the individual. i.e. No mandatory shutdowns, recommend companies have anyone who can work remote do so, remote schooling, etc. Some of these things should already have been done years ago but are only now being done because of COVID-19 fears.

Instead there a various responses that are all over the place and various locations are doing different things with no one sure of what they should do.

1: While it is not clear what are the real numbers, it is clear that something unusual is going on. There are multiple reports of people traveling to an area, becoming infected, returning home, and then a number of people around them start to literally drop dead. In a normal flu season that simply does not happen; while people get the flu, people around them do not all start to 'drop dead'.

2: There are multiple reports of people with no preexisting conditions getting COVID-19 and having all kinds of problems. While the odds are low of this happening to anyone, it can happen, which is something that does not happen with the typical flu.

3: Treatments and vaccines seem to be 'all over the place' and it is not clear if any of it really works. A vaccines may never be developed since other things, like the seasonal flu only has a vaccine that works some of the time and that has been worked on for decades.

4: Remote working/schooling - Around 2000 internet broadband became available (Cable modems/DSL service) everywhere and it was possble to have remote working and learning for most office jobs. Instead of taking advantage of that, companies still insisted on people spending hour long commutes into crowded downtown offices. These jobs should have been all made work from home years ago. Some people could have saved ten hours per week that was being spent in traffic, saved gas, lessened the need for buying a car as soon. The same thing with schooling. Every morning kids are being bused around town when to go sit in a classroom for eight hours per day when they could have just stayed home and gotten work and lectures through a computer or now, a smartphone.

5: Hysteria - There appears to various levels of hysteria in the population with most people having no idea what is going on, how bad things are, what to do, and even worse, seem to have no idea how to figure out what is going on or what to do.

6: Financial Markets and COVID-19 problems - Either problem alone would be bad, but both at the same time are making each worse; plus there may be a 'third problem' with civil disorder as people run out of unemployment benefits and can't pay their monthly bills. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac already announced 12 month plans to put a hold on mortgage payments, which they didn't even do during the financial crisis in 2008/2009. I is alarming how many companies simply 'folded up' within a few weeks of the shutdowns being in effect since they had no cash to keep going.