Chainlink (LINK) - Oracle/middleware that connects smart contracts to external world

BURNΞR

Pelican
Malone said:
https://medium.com/@sergeynazarov/c...b803?source=linkShare-5d50a5aad58b-1513733478

The CEO announced release of the network in Q1. They've hired Golang devs and marketers. I now believe this is a guaranteed moon and you probably won't have to wait more than 6 months to see it.

Full disclosure: I'm a big believer and holder of it.

I read that and it's pretty fluffy. Why so bullish?

Launching the network is the bottleneck for all the moon missions. With network release you get partnerships rolling in and adoption. Working product + partnerships + adoption = moon missions.

BURNΞR

Pelican
New development

Sergey has finally brought the initial implementation of the ChainLink Node in Go language. The GitHub has been made public for everyone to see: https://github.com/smartcontractkit/chainlink

1519096774083.png

There's a resurgence of interest. 4chan went berserk when they got legendary digits (7777777) that confirm that Kek is on the side of ChainLink.

Attachments

• 1519011168846.png
    1519011168846.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 932

CleanSlate

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Nice!

When did this news come out, though? I noticed LINK started going up more than any other coins during the recovery about a week or two ago. Feels like insiders knew and loaded up more on LINK.

Either way, I'm glad I held.

NewMeta

Kingfisher
There was an initial pump leading up to Sergeys talk at a Bitcoin super conference on Sunday, then he announced its release and it actually pumped more, rare instance of people buying the news.

I thought Chain would be at $4 or $5 by now but it's still hovering around $3.50 - 3.65 lol.

That's still pretty impressive. If OP is still holding from 2017 he could be a rich man right now.

Is anybody still bullish on it? Would you put money in it now or wait for it to go fall back down? Is it projected to go any lower?

BURNΞR

Pelican
You guys should probably listen to me instead of the well-known maximalists on this forum. Condescending peptalks on altcoins will not make you rich, in both fiat and Bitcoin terms.

After hearing about Alexander Caze I know that FBI (and probably tax authorities) are all over this forum so I'm not going to divulge my exploits, but having said that, I'm doing reasonably alright.

There will be other opportunities to make serious life changing money over the next 18 months. I'll be sure to call out others with fundamentals and those that are clearly scams.

fiasco360

Kingfisher
Orthodox
You guys should probably listen to me instead of the well-known maximalists on this forum. Condescending peptalks on altcoins will not make you rich, in both fiat and Bitcoin terms.

After hearing about Alexander Caze I know that FBI (and probably tax authorities) are all over this forum so I'm not going to divulge my exploits, but having said that, I'm doing reasonably alright.

There will be other opportunities to make serious life changing money over the next 18 months. I'll be sure to call out others with fundamentals and those that are clearly scams.

Thoughts on BNB? I might be wrong but I don't see Binance as an institution relieving any power any time soon and with that I think we're going to see a huge uptick.

Mikeyd03

Woodpecker
@[email protected] Nice call burner. I'd be curious to hear your current thought on crypto and if there are any projects you're looking at. I have been hearing a lot of buzz about this RSR token....mayn defi projects as well. Either way BTC has been consolidating for about 2 months now....if it continues to hold this is extremely bullish for alts.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
These old '17 crypto threads bubbling back up is bullish. Got in at $7.88. Now looking at some Maker, BitTorrent and Cosmos for the next pumps. BAT is due a pump, though is very stubborn at $0.25.

kiryu

Sparrow
Gold Member
1505010198572.png

TLDR version:
-Oracles/middleware that connects smart contracts to external world
-partnership with SWIFT (protocol for banks) and adoption by 11000 banks if successful
-working prototype/proof of concept
-product has been worked on for over 4 years
-Devs are all killers. One of the new ones is director of engineering for Facebook
-I think this will do very well (I think 50-100x isn't crazy talk in a 1 year time-frame)
All the above were very accurate, especially the 100x. Too bad most of us had sold most of it off before its time.

2Infinity

Woodpecker
Hey @[email protected] - great take here, prophetic given it was 3+ years ago and the coin 250x'd - I'm wondering what you think are the best characteristics to "evaluate" upcoming or new defi projects, not sure if you have posted this anywhere but what do you typically look for?

Some factors I've seen discussed:
Community
Dev quality
Length of existence (e.g. AAVE was started in 2017 and only really took off in the last 6 months)
Social Media Hype

Would appreciate your insights as I'm relatively new to the DeFi space - and happy to share any good ones I come across with the RVF peeps here

BURNΞR

Pelican
Hey @[email protected] - great take here, prophetic given it was 3+ years ago and the coin 250x'd - I'm wondering what you think are the best characteristics to "evaluate" upcoming or new defi projects, not sure if you have posted this anywhere but what do you typically look for?

Some factors I've seen discussed:
Community
Dev quality
Length of existence (e.g. AAVE was started in 2017 and only really took off in the last 6 months)
Social Media Hype

Would appreciate your insights as I'm relatively new to the DeFi space - and happy to share any good ones I come across with the RVF peeps here

Sorry I missed your post. I honestly can't evaluate Defi properly, I clearly don't understand it and missed out and even lost a ton of money investing in it. I will have to unfortunately stick to boomer coins. My gut is telling me this is going to collapse with BTC after this year unless ETH somehow flips BTC (which could happen). My only advice to new people would be to lock in some profits before this cycle ends so you have something to pay your expenses and fund your life style.

void

Pelican
Have serious regret for not HODLing this coin. but HODLing needs to be considered psychologically like a long term investment.

About trading
The most important thing I have learned so far, every market is cyclical. For guys like the average RVFer with a full time job, trading in the time frame of years, months and minimum weeks is the only feasible thing to do. Everything else will drive you crazy and probably get you bogged, if you don't use technical indicators and other more advanced trading methods:

I think this cycle will play out to similar to the last one. Learn about technical trend indicators like MACD to ride the waves if you want to trade.
If I look at the technical indicators of BTC as of today, it's stalling for May. Money will move to ETH and other altcoins until the overall market cycle is finished and in the end everything goes down more than 50-80% of value compared to the all time highs.
This is the time to get in again and scoop up your favourite coins and bet on some potential newcomers.

In the stock market, those cycles are longer and price movements usually not as extreme. but this is the opportunity.

The argument for LINK was, that it fullfilled a function that ETH didn't at that time.
So I think any altcoin which offers new functions/extensions to BTC or ETH or anyother of the bigger networks has potential to multiply.
Have no time for research at the moment, though :-/.

Last edited: