Chainlink (LINK) - Oracle/middleware that connects smart contracts to external world

thebassist

Kingfisher
Gold Member
churros said:
Dumped my bags at the top. Only managed to do so because I woke up during the fifteen minutes this thing pumped for. I'm taking refuge from this madness in BTC for the foreseeable.
Keep in mind it's also a really nice time to pick up some good alts for cheap with your BTC which has just hit ATH. There's plenty of good stuff you can buy right now at a solid discount- like Enigma catalyst (trading close to ICO price), OMG and others as well while bitcoin is trading so favorably to the rest of the market. The fork coming up on the 25th could very likely lead to a decent selloff of bitcoin with a lot of capital returning to so many alts which are now at very juicy price points. Definitely keep an eye out for some good buys man.

void

Pelican
churros said:
Dumped my bags at the top. Only managed to do so because I woke up during the fifteen minutes this thing pumped for. I'm taking refuge from this madness in BTC for the foreseeable.
Expect a big dump of BTC around +-3 days of the hard fork.

infinitejest

Sparrow
RE: Chainlink (LINK)

Great project that I think will make people a lot of money in the next year, but in the short term this thing isn't gonna have a real pump until its listed on more exchanges or the team starts stepping up its PR. Look at Stellar Lumens. Shit-coin for most of its life and then gets a massive pump again because it gets an official press release with IBM and you can already buy it on Bittrex and Polo. Meanwhile you can only pick up LINK on ED and binance still.

I think a lot of people expected SWIFT to do some press release announcing their partnership to make it more official or for their to be some news from the demo. No one has any idea what happened so it insta dumped. As much as we'd like to think the tech and 'muh fundamentals' should win out, I think the market has shown us time and time again that hype and professional shilling is what gets us those massive x100-1000 gains.

While I think that Sergey and the rest of the team taking a 'we'll let the work speak for itself approach' shows their integrity and makes me confident in this project long term, I realize that you really need a ConsenSys/EEA or Omise hype team doing announcements of future announcements if you wanna get aboard the catapult that launches you into the top 10-20 in the CMC rankings.

So unless we start getting some of them hype tweets about this conference or an official announcement with SWIFT ala what happened with Stellar I'm not expecting another pump in the short term. Also the team really needs to get this listed on bittrex or Polo.

^ I haven't heard it said any better.

announcements will probably come before end of week and this may still 10x within the 2 month time frame since the release on September 21st.

thebassist said:
Keep in mind it's also a really nice time to pick up some good alts for cheap with your BTC which has just hit ATH. There's plenty of good stuff you can buy right now at a solid discount- like Enigma catalyst (trading close to ICO price), OMG and others as well while bitcoin is trading so favorably to the rest of the market. The fork coming up on the 25th could very likely lead to a decent selloff of bitcoin with a lot of capital returning to so many alts which are now at very juicy price points. Definitely keep an eye out for some good buys man.
Haha, you're luring me back into the shark tank. Are the any upcoming dates of note for OMG? MTL is releasing an alpha on Oct 30, so if there's a bump, I might flip the profits back into OMG.

NewMeta

LINK is being fudded hard, good time to buy. Usual tactics being employed, people have sold at the ATH and now need to bring down the market to re-buy in before big announcements are made post SIBIOS.

CleanSlate

Hummingbird
Gold Member
NewMeta said:
LINK is being fudded hard, good time to buy. Usual tactics being employed, people have sold at the ATH and now need to bring down the market to re-buy in before big announcements are made post SIBIOS.
This is exactly why we should never read sites like 4chan. Fundamentals win in the end.

NewDayNewFace said:
So it pumped all the way up rot 50 cents then some whales dumped now its 44 cents. I expect more dumping.
I had a good call. It's dumping hard. I don't expect any big rebound until more news comes out which I will think will be months.

void

Pelican
If we compare Chainlink to other alt-coins, the problem is that they have a serious product and company, instead of shilling for quick profit, they focus on their business and customers.

According to reddit and assuming the news are not faked, I will ride the pump and dump train until the company takes off. If they hire new staff at the moment, this whole thing will stabilize in the next months and they will expand their business. We will see us on moon or mars, when you sign your new car insurance on smartcontract.com in the future?

SmartContract joins enterprise ethereum alliance https://entethalliance.org/hewlett-...0-member-strong-enterprise-ethereum-alliance/

AXA and SONY on board
[tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/sachinksd1/status/920586522759282690[/tweet]

From slack channel ->
- SIBOS and other institutions want to scale up the concept
- implementation at "key end-users" is in work
- They hire people at the moment and promise better communication
- SIBOS presentation pdf (I checked the file for viruses before, it's safe)
http://www.filedropper.com/smartcontractcomsibos17

Dang Link got dumped pretty bad. I don't foresee any significant price movements up for a while.

Edit: maybe after the fork but don't expect to big of a jump.

void

Pelican
Decided to cut my losses for now after dipping below 100 mio market cap and no further support in sight. Still came out ahead.
Parking in tether waiting for the next opportunity.

If you apply chart analysis, there is just a long slope with no convergation point.
Pump too big, communication insufficient. They should hire a PR guy for website news and Twitter.

Still stand by my judgment, that this is a valid project. I will buy in again, when they manage their PR better.
The Bitcoin situation with the hard fork is also to blame for the massive dump.

LINK had the best PR of any coin I've ever seen.
They managed to spin 2 dudes, a whitepaper, and a hint of a business deal into 180 million dollars in marketcap.
Not sure what you mean by they need better PR.

SamuelBRoberts said:
They managed to spin 2 dudes, a whitepaper, and a hint of a business deal into 180 million dollars in marketcap.
If that's true, what do the developers stand to gain? Did they cash out early on?

In all their communication, the team are openly sceptical and even disdainful of the /biz/ hype. So if that's PR, it's unintentional.

But I haven't been around long enough to recognise when a coin is dying. Is that really what we're seeing here?

infinitejest

Sparrow
RE: Chainlink (LINK)

churros said:
SamuelBRoberts said:
If that's true, what do the developers stand to gain? Did they cash out early on?

In all their communication, the team are openly sceptical and even disdainful of the /biz/ hype. So if that's PR, it's unintentional.

But I haven't been around long enough to recognise when a coin is dying. Is that really what we're seeing here?
Yup, a coin that's been out for less than a few months, that you can only buy on ED and binance, that just went through its first big sell the news event, is dead. It's dying, it's never coming back. MonaCoin, Regalcoin, Dogecoin, Siacoin, BitcoinDark...you know any of these bad boys? All these great projects and many others have a higher marketcap than LINK, yet I'm here to tell you that despite LINK having a lower marketcap than these literal shit coins, its 100% dead.

Just for reference, you can usually expect a 70% retracement from the ATH with these alts once the bubble bursts. I'd say we are getting pretty damn close to the bottom. Give it a few more months before you call LINK dead. Once the bitcoin fork happens and the market as a whole has its next big correction, there's a good chance a lot of the bitcoin profits that people made will go back into alts and they will have a bigger bounce than bitcoin. If its 2018 and there's still no news and LINK is on bittrex and still below all the shit coins I listed above, then maybe we can definitively say its dead.

Remember, you don't lose until you sell. LINK is under an intense FUD campaign right now from 4chan and unless you think you can buy back lower or put your money in a project that will make up your losses and then some quicker than LINK would, I would just hold.

void

Pelican
I think an additional reason is, that they fucked up the crowdsale by allowing the pre-sale guys to pool ETH without a cap? and public crowdsale was only for like 2 million.$. I am to lazy to research the exact number. This enabled a small nuimber of people to control the supply of the coin on these small exchanges.
What I have learned from this: Get into pre-sale with discount and flip before it crashes. Huge discounts only shift the power to the whales/big investors.
To have a stable development of the coin the coin supply distribution has to be more equal.
I guess most noobs already pulled out by now and some big players are accumulating giant numbers of the coin now. The ownership structure is screwed for the short to midterm.

A) They didn't know what they were fucking up during the ICO pre-sale
B) They just wanted to sell as much as soon as possible. Enjoy your token being controlled by a small minority.
c) I have to start reading 4chan