Change to posting permission for members under 50 posts

Roosh

Cardinal
Edit: I changed 50 to 25. See explanation is post number 7.

Because of the mass insolence of newbies posting in political threads, I have made two changes:

-They no longer have the ability to post in the Politics subforum or post new threads outside of the Meta subforums until they reach 25 posts, 10 likes, and have been a member for 14 days

When things calm down politically, I may revert things back to how they were, but we're getting a much higher volume of posts and visitors that it wastes the moderators' time to police so many newbies who refuse to read and/or follow simple instructions.

Last edited:

Roosh

Cardinal
After doing some further thinking, I lowered the post count requirement to 25 posts while increasing the reaction count needed to 10. The 50 post rule was implemented in the old RVF where there was far more trolling than now. The forum rules page is updated:

To combat spam and trolls, new members must go through a trial period where they can only reply to existing threads no more than once every 10 minutes. Once 14 days have passed and you accumulate 25 posts and you have received at least 10 likes to your posts, you will then become a member with full privileges. Here are other features you will not be able to do as a new member: post in the Politics subforum, report posts, react to posts, upload avatar, upload attachments, edit signature. You are a full member when you no longer see the "Newbie" banner under your name.

After doing some further thinking, I lowered the post count requirement to 25 posts while increasing the reaction count needed to 10. The 50 post rule was implemented in the old RVF where there was far more trolling than now. The forum rules page is updated:

Thanks! Although I am still young in this forum, it was disappointing to see "Newbie" back on my profile as a 3rd order effect of Biden stealing the election...glad to be back to Pigeon. 25/10 is reasonable. Cheers!