Changing Your Name

Maddox

Kingfisher
Protestant
I've wanted to officially change my name for a while now as I don't care for my first or last name. It seems like a simple process to do so as you don't seem to need a lawyer if you're in the US. I imagine the only tedious part would be making name changes on all of your bills going forward.

Has anyone here gone through this process?

BasilSeal

Kingfisher
Trad Catholic
Gold Member
Every wife. Finally a tailor made Ladies Forum post! And yes, you've hit on the main problem. I still have a folder of "name change" documents somewhere. I recall it took almost a year to resolve every one for my wife.

I had a fairly standard letter I sent along with every bill, account, letter etc that came with her old name. I sent that back with the official name change document form. The state also has a separate document for changing car titles, and so on.

Some will be different for you. The social security office, for example requires only an official embossed seal marriage certificate for a name change. Since that is not your case, I'm not sure how the process differs.

Also, the process likely changed a lot in the last 15 years; this was my US based experience.

Last edited:

Maddox

Kingfisher
Protestant
Step 1. Go to Google (or search engine of choice) and enter "how to legally change your name in (your state)"

Thanks for the brilliant suggestion, chief. But I'm more interested in hearing about the experience of others who have already gone through the process.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Thanks for the brilliant suggestion, chief. But I'm more interested in hearing about the experience of others who have already gone through the process.
Well I was originally named PapayaTapper and had my name changed to just Papaya. It was a really difficult transition and adjustment period with auto -logins but 20-30 minutes later I realized nobody but me cared then shortly thereafter neither did I so I just went on living my first world problem filled struggles.

;)

Last edited:

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
Here's one way it could go:

It's too bad you can't reveal your current name, and your ideas for a new name. Do you already have a specific name in mind, or do you have several possibilities?

I think Max Power really would be a pretty good name. I'm surprised nobody has used it before on RVF.

Edit: Here's a previous thread on the topic, although it's now locked from getting any new replies. https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads/would-you-change-your-name-if-it-was-ridiculous.927/#post-24953

Last edited: