Chief Medical Officer Announces Water Fluoridation for all of England

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
In order to get all the fluoride out of your drinking water, you need a water distiller. A 4-stage reverse osmosis filter can remove most of the fluoride, but not all of it. Table top gravity filters don't remove any. Taking iodine supplements can displace fluoride, and other halogens like chlorine and bromide, from your body as well. I've spent an unreasonable amount of time researching how to get rid of fluoride, and that's most of what it come down to.
Is fluoride in very small amounts still bad? It's a naturally occurring mineral. My guess is we'd be able to detox low levels, is that correct? Also, do you know if the 4-stage osmosis process is common or is it quite rare? What sources of water should I drink from that may have this process?

Would iodine from kelp supplements help or is that toxic somehow? I haven't supplemented frequently with iodine other than kelp but my guess is it's not the best source. I've read some studies on taurine being protective of some of fluoride toxicities.

Matthewww

Pigeon
Other Christian
Is fluoride in very small amounts still bad? It's a naturally occurring mineral. My guess is we'd be able to detox low levels, is that correct? Also, do you know if the 4-stage osmosis process is common or is it quite rare? What sources of water should I drink from that may have this process?

Would iodine from kelp supplements help or is that toxic somehow? I haven't supplemented frequently with iodine other than kelp but my guess is it's not the best source. I've read some studies on taurine being protective of some of fluoride toxicities.
I'm not certain if there is a low acceptable limit for fluoride since all the "science" around safe amounts is corrupted by the aluminum industry who wants to add their waste product to the drinking supply. Arsenic is naturally occurring in some drinking water supplies too, so just because it's naturally occurring doesn't mean its necessarily safe. If there was a dentistry benefit to fluoride it would be through topical application of it to your teeth, like with toothpaste, not from drinking it. Even then I use fluoride free toothpaste since the toothpaste tube says it's harmful if swallowed. I try to avoid it as much as possible, but I can't say there isn't a low acceptable amount.

I don't know if commercial water bottlers use a 4-stage RO process, or a 3-stage. I have a 4-stage reverse osmosis unit one that installs under my kitchen sink. They cost about $200-$300, so they payoff pretty fast if you'd otherwise be spending a few dollars a day buying bottled water.

Kelp is a very good source of iodine, the main problem with it is there is lots of mercury pollutants in the ocean, so you are potentially exposing yourself to that. You'd want to ensure it was tested for mercury. Nascent iodine is good, but expensive, Lugol's iodine is cheaper, but it is difficult to take small doses of. I've used both with good results.

I'm not certain if there is a low acceptable limit for fluoride since all the "science" around safe amounts is corrupted by the aluminum industry who wants to add their waste product to the drinking supply. Arsenic is naturally occurring in some drinking water supplies too, so just because it's naturally occurring doesn't mean its necessarily safe. If there was a dentistry benefit to fluoride it would be through topical application of it to your teeth, like with toothpaste, not from drinking it. Even then I use fluoride free toothpaste since the toothpaste tube says it's harmful if swallowed. I try to avoid it as much as possible, but I can't say there isn't a low acceptable amount.

I don't know if commercial water bottlers use a 4-stage RO process, or a 3-stage. I have a 4-stage reverse osmosis unit one that installs under my kitchen sink. They cost about $200-$300, so they payoff pretty fast if you'd otherwise be spending a few dollars a day buying bottled water.

Kelp is a very good source of iodine, the main problem with it is there is lots of mercury pollutants in the ocean, so you are potentially exposing yourself to that. You'd want to ensure it was tested for mercury. Nascent iodine is good, but expensive, Lugol's iodine is cheaper, but it is difficult to take small doses of. I've used both with good results.
Iodine will help remove mercury from your body, so if there is a concern of mercury, take more iodine. Lugol's is good. Also, alfalfa juice powder, chlorella, chlorophyll, and spirulina have naturally-occurring iodine content, as well as copper and other minerals which help to stem the tide of oxidation.

Lawrence87

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Why not cut the crappy foods that the poor kids consume instead?
Because that isn't what this is about. That is just the pretence.

I agree with you though. If making sure kids teeth don't rot is a genuine priority there are dozens of steps that could be taken before you get to 'poison the entire water supply'

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Trace amounts of fluoride are fine. In Europe, the bottled water will even tell you on the label how much of each mineral it contains, from its spring fed source. The amounts added are thousands of times higher than what naturally occurs. There is no need to remove 100% of fluoride (or indeed naturally occurring minerals).

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Bumping this thread. I am wondering if bottled water is safe to drink from plastic bottles? I am currently drinking bottled water because I don't trust tap water. Is buying a very high priced filter the only solution to drink pure water or is getting a steam-distiller a better option? Or, is plastic bottled water not that bad?

Sisyphus

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Bumping this thread. I am wondering if bottled water is safe to drink from plastic bottles? I am currently drinking bottled water because I don't trust tap water. Is buying a very high priced filter the only solution to drink pure water or is getting a steam-distiller a better option? Or, is plastic bottled water not that bad?

No! Bottled water is one of the biggest scams out there so don't fall prey to it. It IS tap water. Dasani for example is tap water from Queens - the manufacturers were forced to admit this:

Add in the plastic and it's like regular tap water, only much more damaging. You're much better off drinking it out of the tap or treating it in some way.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
No! Bottled water is one of the biggest scams out there so don't fall prey to it. It IS tap water. Dasani for example is tap water from Queens - the manufacturers were forced to admit this:

Add in the plastic and it's like regular tap water, only much more damaging. You're much better off drinking it out of the tap or treating it in some way.
I don't drink Dasani––I go to the grocery store and buy those big five gallon jugs of reverse osmosis filtered water. Also near me there is Zephyr Hills Spring water which if you go to their website has a chemical analysis listed. I don't think they are just adding tap water.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I've spent an unreasonable amount of time researching how to get rid of fluoride, and that's most of what it come down to.
The modern consumer internet rabbit holes. Reminds me of the time I looked to replace my cracked sunglasses, and a couple weeks later I’m pretty sure I could have started my own sunglasses company.

Cynllo

Sparrow
Other Christian

I am not an expert, but did a lot of research into this before buying a solution.

The best option for most people is an under the sink system that has a remineralisation filter. Without remineralisation, the water will leach nutrients from your body. The filters for this system will cost about $250 / year. The worst are the filter jugs.