China’s Cloning Crusade: Technology for Human Replication ‘Already There’

I could envision a secret human cloning program done by China, where a hundred or so of their top scientists and engineers, each get a hundred clones made, to further the CCCP's desire for technological progress at any cost It could not be kept a secret forever, but they would not care when the truth came out, and the western world screamed about the project being unethical.

I remember in the popular graphic novel, Y- The Last Man, the cloning technology was advanced enough that they had multitudes of Ben Franklin and Sir Isaac Newton clones running around! It supposedly is in the works to get filmed.

Last edited:

I've so out of the loop. Apparently this Korean company has been cloning pets for rich people for years. $100,000 to clone you dead Buffy.

Seems like a lot of celebrity have cloned their deceased pets.

Fortis

Crow
Gold Member
I doubt they could clone a full person right now. Perhaps in 10 years or so.

However, we do know that China has been using CRISPR on people and not doing any follow-up studies. They CRISPR'd a few people and actually "lost" track of them in the Gen pop. I'm not sure I quite believe that they lost track. I believe that they simply don't wanna publish the follow-up data.

Going with that line of thought, I wonder what the follow-up data might reveal. Perhaps editing people in-vitro is a bit like tampering with a Rubix cube. You change one thing but actually change many related things as a result. I'm a firm believer that there is no biological free lunch.

TRT is an example. I love it and I'm never going off, but you boost test artificially but crash fertility and perhaps even increase mortality rates indirectly.

Look at (((them))). Intentionally bred themselves for generations for high IQ, but it seems to come with a host of defects related to physical resilience, mental health and perhaps even ethical/moral weakness. I don't think it's a coincidence that most high IQ women are kinda degenerate as a rule.

As far as cloning an actual person goes? I'll believe it when I see it. I think it can be done and will be done eventually but who knows.

I think China's more likely to try and edit their entire population for super high IQ and collapsing their country from within when the super high IQ guys realize that the leadership sucks and overthrow them. China's supposedly got the highest average IQ and they're not harmonious motherfuckers AT ALL. They're always plotting on eachother. I think the place might even become worse as a result.

Even worse, and perhaps scarier, I imagine they'd gene edit their population for intelligence and then end up with a population like Japan where the guys all fritter away their time on bullshit hobbies and refuse to work and reproduce.

China is short-sighted like that.

Stats

Woodpecker

I've so out of the loop. Apparently this Korean company has been cloning pets for rich people for years. $100,000 to clone you dead Buffy.

Seems like a lot of celebrity have cloned their deceased pets.

pet cloning is already big business in north amerca for much less then that

Captain Gh

Ostrich
Gold Member
Could a Clone be absolutely indistinguishable from a Human Being @ the moment... don't think so... but could we be cloned right now... it's a easy Yes From Me! Elon's busy perfecting inserting Chips into our Brains... cloning would be Child's play for him... which is why it's not even on his Radar I believe!

Batman_

Kingfisher
Dolly the sheep was cloned all the way back in 1996.

If they can clone a sheep, they could certainly clone a human.
Human consciousness is far more complex than domesticated cattle or animals in general... What makes a person a person isn't just their genetic makeup but their epigenetics, which we are decades away from understanding enough to manipulate.

Plus, from the moment the clone was born, it would need to have identical or nearly identical environmental variables to the original, or else their epigenetics would change rapidly enough to make them a distinct person from the original. In some cases this could be very problematic.

Last edited:
Human consciousness is far more complex than domesticated cattle or animals in general... What makes a person a person isn't just their genetic makeup but their epigenetics, which we are decades away from understanding enough to manipulate.

Plus, from the moment the clone was born, it would need to have identical or nearly identical environmental variables to the original, or else their epigenetics would change rapidly enough to make them a distinct person from the original. In some cases this could be very problematic.

I never claimed that a cloned human would be IDENTICAL in every respect to the original.

I was merely pointing out that if they could clone a mammal back in 1996 (though with some defects) then they could almost certainly clone a human being today, some 26 years later - and ESPECIALLY if there were clandestine government programs in either China or the US to do so.

The human clone might have some genetic defects but it would almost certainly be viable, just like Dolly.

And as to whether the clone would inherit epigenetic traits of the original - who knows. I suspect it would inherit some traits but would obviously grow up in a different environment and would likely be a significantly different "personality" than the original.

Bottom line is that the technology to make viable, if slightly defective, human clones has been available for over a quarter century.

You can bet your bottom dollar that at least a few clandestine programs exist in the world that have produced such beings.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
A clone would only be to create an embryo, which would have to be implanted in a surrogate mother's womb and brought to term. Then it would start out like any baby, and develop from there.

I can imagine cloning myself. I'd give my clone baby a better upbringing than I had, I hope, and would give it better advantages than I had.

Of course it's only a passing fancy. There's no way I could do this, and I recognize that the idea is fraught with potential problems. Any parent thinks they will raise their kid better than they were raised. Me thinking I would give my genetic twin a better life than I had is questionable. I would obviously be at risk of trying to live vicariously through him. The kid would be very likely to reject my "if I had it to do over" advice, and of course, he'd be growing up in a completely different setting.

Anyway, there's no way that a duplicate of a person could be made, with the same personality, memory, and abilities. If a human was cloned, it would be like a genetic twin of the person being cloned, except with a much larger age gap than normal twins have. I expect this type of human cloning will be doable in the near future, or could already be so. However, the clones would be at risk of genetic damage, as I understand Dolly the Sheep had.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member

Yep.
You can't clone consciousness.

Organ harvesting would be the more obvious choice for the Chinese. Like that film - The Island.

Otherwise, while speaking of Chinese tech.

If I were an eccentric high tech billionaire, I would be tempted to have a secret program to clone a few hundred copies of great men such as Sir Isaac Newton, Leonardo da Vinci, and others like them. But of course actually getting my hands on their DNA could be a challenge.

Lace em up

Woodpecker
Id think the challenge would be raising and training them to be super soldiers, not so much producing genetically strong babies.

The Germans bred people. Slave owners in America bred people too. Its probably a taboo subject but breeding people is how the Germans dominated science in the last century and most super athletes in America are black. It was common in history for empires to breed soldiers.

Though I know of no evidence if this today, Id be surprised if countries like North Korea and China arent breeding incredibly athletic and intelligent soldiers. With 1990s science you could probably inseminate thousands of intelligent gymnasts with one nut from a Rodman or Kobe.

Then all you have to do is weed out the duds, raise them in camps, and in a few years you could have 1000s of 20 year old super soldiers who are multi lingual Rambos who have been jumping out of helos to get breakfast every morning since they were 5 years old.

oilbreh

Woodpecker
Lot of posts reek here of the dna obsession left over from zel/semenionstrangelight and that quebec wierdo from youtube (just realized I that it might actually be the same person..) In the age of technology your super soldiers are rather useless, logistics, tech, training etc will over ride every advantage. As for cloning da vinci's, your energy would be better spent reforming the school system from the prussian lobotomy factory to one that studies the classics, seeks inquiry, and of course studying the masters like da vinci.

I look at all these 'modern' value systems and technological developments through the lens that they are ultimately designed to insult the Creator of the universe, and to attack the validity of the scriptures.

Re: Cloning...

1 Corinthians 15:25
Revelation 21:4

To fully complete the establishing of a pseudo kingdom of god on earth, human cloning (and somehow 'life/conscience' transfer - believe me, they will try) would be the next logical step to attaining the final/ultimate death-stroke to the Divine - everlasting life, without God. If man can achieve immortality, then man truly becomes God; Satan's declaration to Eve becomes truth (Genesis 3:4,5), while God subsequently becomes a liar (Genesis 2:17) and therefore must forfeit his right to rule his creation.

China will most likely have no moral qualms about cloning once they see a need for it in their society. They may use it to boost the numbers of their brightest scientists and engineers. Keep in mind, their birthrate is going down, too, and not just due to the laws about population control, but due to genetically high quality women who choose career over family. We will see.

I doubt they could clone a full person right now. Perhaps in 10 years or so.

However, we do know that China has been using CRISPR on people and not doing any follow-up studies. They CRISPR'd a few people and actually "lost" track of them in the Gen pop. I'm not sure I quite believe that they lost track. I believe that they simply don't wanna publish the follow-up data.

Going with that line of thought, I wonder what the follow-up data might reveal. Perhaps editing people in-vitro is a bit like tampering with a Rubix cube. You change one thing but actually change many related things as a result. I'm a firm believer that there is no biological free lunch.

TRT is an example. I love it and I'm never going off, but you boost test artificially but crash fertility and perhaps even increase mortality rates indirectly.

Look at (((them))). Intentionally bred themselves for generations for high IQ, but it seems to come with a host of defects related to physical resilience, mental health and perhaps even ethical/moral weakness. I don't think it's a coincidence that most high IQ women are kinda degenerate as a rule.

As far as cloning an actual person goes? I'll believe it when I see it. I think it can be done and will be done eventually but who knows.

I think China's more likely to try and edit their entire population for super high IQ and collapsing their country from within when the super high IQ guys realize that the leadership sucks and overthrow them. China's supposedly got the highest average IQ and they're not harmonious motherfuckers AT ALL. They're always plotting on eachother. I think the place might even become worse as a result.

Even worse, and perhaps scarier, I imagine they'd gene edit their population for intelligence and then end up with a population like Japan where the guys all fritter away their time on bullshit hobbies and refuse to work and reproduce.

China is short-sighted like that.

We Americans are still the smartest people on the planet since Americans like Donald Glaser invented genetic engineering, while Robert Briggs and Thomas J. King invented cloning.

In fact American scientists like John Craig Venter and Eckard Wimmer are already creating synthetic life forms and we are already using steroids and nootropics to enhance our intelligence.

Why do you think the 20th century polymaths like Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, George Westinghouse, Nikola Tesla, George Washington Carver, Henry Ford, David Sarnoff, Philo Farnsworth, Howard Hughes, George Devol, Homer Hickam, Smokey Yunnick, Nolan Bushnell, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Lowell Wood, Michael Dell, Jeff Bezos, and Elon Musk are all American?

Because, since the 1900s, the US government has made it mandatory to iodize salt because iodine has nootropic properties and has been proven to increase intelligence.

China's technology is just a ripoff of what was invented in the USA.

The USA still has the highest GDP in the world at $21,000,000,000,000 a year which is 50% higher than China's $14,000,000,000,000 a year despite most companies being invested in China because the USA produces innovations.

These other controversial technologies were invented in the USA as part of a push for transhumanism:

Artificial Respirator
- invented by Alexander Graham Bell.

Resurrection Using Oxygenated Blood, Adrenaline, and Anticoagulants - invented by Robert Cornish.

CPR - invented by William B. Kouwenhoven.

Defibrillator - invented by William B. Kouwenhoven.

Heart-Lung Machine - invented by Charles Lindbergh.

Steroids - invented by Percy Julian.

Nootropics - invented by Percy Julian.

Vitamin Supplements - invented by Jack LaLanne.

Exercise Machines - invented by Jack LaLanne.

Bionics - invented by George Devol.

Brain Transplant - invented by Robert J. White.

Head Transplant - invented by Robert J. White.

Cloning - invented by Robert Briggs and Thomas J. King.

Genetic Engineering - invented by Donald A. Glaser.

ECM Tissue Regeneration - invented by Craig Woods and Jeff Kellerman.

Artificial DNA - invented by John Craig Venter.

Artificial Bacteria - invented by John Craig Venter.

Artificial Virus - invented by Eckard Wimmer.

Artificial Brain - invented by Guy Benary.

Psychic Technology:

Electronic Mind Control
– invented by Jose Delgado.

Brain Fingerprinting – invented by Lawrence Farwell.

Predictive Analytics – invented by Matt Cutler.

Prosthetics:

Electronic Hearing Aid
– invented by Howard Hughes.

Prosthetic Limbs – invented by George Devol.

Speech Synthesizer – invented by Michael Callahan.

Prosthetic Bladder - invented by American Medical Systems.

Brain–Computer Interface - invented by Jacques Vidal.

Artificial Heart – invented by Robert Jarvik.

Cochlear Implant – invented by Dr William House, John Doyle, and James Doyle.

Prosthetic Rectum - invented by American Medical Systems.

Prosthetic Vision – invented by William Dobelle.

Laser Vision – invented in the USA.

Turbine Artificial Heart - invented by Dr. Billy Cohn.

Robotics:

Industrial Robot
– invented by George Devol.

Automated Car Wash

Automated Call Center

Automated Ticket Printer

Automated Ordering Booth and Cashier

Automated Ordering Tablet

Robotic Waiter

Automated Insurance Adjuster

Robotic Vacuum Cleaner

Robotic Floor Polisher

Robotic Floor Scrubber

Robotic Floor Mop

Robotic Swimming-Pool Cleaning Robot

Switcher Drone

UUV

UAV

Spy Drone

Bomb Disposal Robot

Tank Drone

MRLS Drone

Fighter Drone

Attack Helicopter Drone

Burger Making Robot
- invented by Alexandros Vardakostas and Steven Frehn.

Last edited: