Christianity and Islam

Sherman

Ostrich
Paracelsus said:
Sherman said:
What you should notice is that the ancient religions were really up front about their violence and even recorded it in books so that people could remember it for centuries. Today we think we are more civilized. But this is a blue pill delusion. We are actually more violent because technology magnifies our violence. The sanctions on Iraq killed over a half million Iraqi children. And the bombs from drones, most of which miss their targets, kills innocent people. We are never allowed to see the actual gory result of what Western bombs do. It is 100% censored from our view. So we can continue the delusion that we are civilized and better than others, like Muslims. Total blue bill. Appreciate the ancient texts. They put everything up front in writing instead of censoring it. They allow you to see what the US media censors from your view. The Bible and Koran are as red pill as you can get.
I'll say the same thing to you as I said to dear old Kavi when it comes to this false equivalence between the Bible and the Koran, Sherman: find me the section of the Bible in which Jesus advocates cutting off people's heads. Or raping captured female prisoners. Or where Jesus said it was cool to marry and then fuck nine year olds, something Mohammed not only endorsed but actually did.

And as for the Old Testament? You can quote every recorded Israelite massacre you like, but it still doesn't override the Ten Commandments that lie at the heart of Judaism: thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's goods, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, etc.

Frankly your reasoning around religion isn't much better than your reasoning about North Korea's Lil' Kim being, and I quote, "a good man."

The death toll Muslims enacted on other religions and on each other across fourteen hundred years far outweighs any death toll Christians enacted on Muslims, even allowing for modern technology. And let's not forget a fair proportion of that Christian vs. Muslim death toll is enacted in self-defence, i.e. due to hordes of Muslims who can't stay the fuck in the desert and prefer to go get Spanish, Bosnian, Croatian, Greek, French, Russian, Indian, and Italian pussy.
You are missing the point. The interesting thing is that they actually recorded the violence to be studied forever instead of censoring it like we do. That in itself is impressive. Why were they honest, and we are so deceptive and censor everything? They accepted a red pill world. We live in a blue pill bubble.

Paracelsus said:
kavi said:
Robert Rule said:
Ive fell a few times and was lukewarm, but I keep coming back to Christ. The struggles of being poor and in difficult situations strengthened my trust in god. And he showed me I can only have joy and life through him.
Im on my own, just me and god, and he will judge me for my actions and my heart. So I'm staying pure before god and living my life for him.
It's difficult to not pursue sex, or comfort. Too not give up and be lukewarm.
I cant, ive had the joy, and peace of the lords fruit. My life will be to leave everything and live my life for god. This is not my home.
This is a post from another thread. Change the world God above and replace with Allah. Still works right? Now imagine our Manchester suicide bomber saying this before the act. Still works doesnt it. Look at the last line, how does that not sound like the last words of a suicide bomber.
Because Robert Rule expresses a desire to live his life for God. Not end it, which is what an Islamist suicide bomber does -- by definition. That's kind of a rather important quote from Jesus: "I came that you might have life, and have it to the full."

As I've said elsewhere: a fundamentalist Christian, following the literal words of Christ as expressed in the New Testament, is more likely than not to end up with an existence looking a lot like that of Francis of Assisi: no earthly possessions, giving all he has to the poor, praying to God, loving his neighbour as he would himself.

As we have seen even today, a fundamentalist Muslim, following the literal words of Mohammed as expressed by the Quran, is likely to end up killing a lot of people and then himself in the process ... with the option of having raping women "gained by his right hand", i.e. captured in battle.
Couldnt have responded better

Please watch more of this guy...

Shiek Imran Hoesien

He actually states that during the Ends Times there will be an alliance between the Orthodox Christians and Musilms. And this is actually written and prophesied in the Quran. I think its important for people to stop marginalising a particular group that act unrighteous as 'muslims' when really they are not true believers of God or have Fear from God. In this unrighteous world there is no Christian vs Muslim vs Jew but infact the unrighteous sinning disbelievers vs the god loving and fearing believers that act and continually work on their righteousness. Btw Mohammed Hijab is babbling idiot who looks to just glorify himself and extract that ego gratification.

Most religions inform their followers to share their faith. Yet it is extremely difficult to have a conversation about religion if someone has already made up their mind about it. Personally I am of the understanding that my faith (Islam) teaches that every person will have to look at the matter themselves and decide for themselves what they believe in. There is more than enough information for and against every religion on the planet. At the end of the day I can find 20 reasons why I should follow this religion and also 20 reasons why I should not. Obviously those outside of a religion will have there reasons for being outside of it. Those inside a religion will have reasons to justify why they are inside of it. They will justify it the best they can using evidence they believe is accurate. This is why I never get in a debate about religion. It can go on forever and the crux of the matter boils down to personal preference. What I like to do is simply practice my faith the way that I believe I should. If other people agree fine, if not, fine. Whats more productive in my eyes is to focus on what we have in common and work on those fronts. The protection of life, property, and human dignity are things that most people agree upon regardless of faith. For example killing innocent people is usually seen as bad by most people regardless of faith. Stealing, certain drugs, and lying are seen as bad by most people regardless of faith. If someone wanted to discuss what Islam and Christianity has in common, or Islam and Buddhism, or Islam and Scientology great. Im not going to change my faith and I dont expect the other person to either. There is so much good work that can be done if we put the debate on who is right about the afterlife on hold while trying to cooperate on those ideas that are universally seen as beneficial, feeding the poor, stopping injustice etc. Discussions can be had on what is wrong and what is right. I find those fruitful and enlightening. The problem comes when the discussion turns to anything other then what can we work together on, and how. Once the discussion leaves that realm it will devolve into something that I simply dont have the time or the energy to engage in. Most communities do not interact. For years Muslims have lived in this country before 9-11 and not much was thought about it. Mohammed Ali, Abdul Kareem Jabar and others were relatively famous and loved by thousands if not millions and they were openly Muslim. There are over a billion Muslims on the planet but they tend to exist in very isolated areas, either in their own countries or when living in a non-muslim country in a small enclave usually not interacting with those outside the faith. With this in mind I can understand why many believe that "fundamental" Muslims want to rape, kill, and blow themselves up. Just like I can easily understand why a black kid in the hood believes that all white people are racist. Perspective and information decide where people will land. People say Muslims are terrorists who want to destroy Christianity. Yet at the same time they are ignorant of the Christian communities that have lived within Muslim lands for over a thousand years. Do you really think Egyptian Christians would have lasted this long being sorrounded by Muslims before the U.N before America before any Western Superpower if Islam taught that all non-muslims should be killed. How about Syrian Christians, or Christians in North Africa? Of course these hundreds of years of history will be ignored and replaced with the most recent church bombing or Christian murder as if this is the norm in Muslim Majority areas. The funniest thing was when Isis was destroying monuments and architecture in Iraq and Syria. Many were quick to say "see this is what Islam teaches to destroy history", even though those exact same monuments and architecture have been present for hundreds of years surrounded by Muslims while they ruled that very same area. So for some reason Muslims "believe" that all monuments and history should be destroyed while simultaneously not destroying it for 100s of years while they ruled the area? At the end Id much rather focus on topics that we can agree on.

Last edited:

Mr Gibbs

Robin
So I haven’t been reading this forum but I wanted to say something I’ve noticed which is small, unsurprising and says a lot about tech censorship on Christianity vs Islam.

When you type Bible into a text box and leave the b lowercase (and it’s not the first word) it stays lowercase however when you type Quran into a text box it corrects the lowercase q to an uppercase Q. These small differences really say a lot about who rules over ya and what they really think.

This is on apple so I can’t speak for Android.

Blade Runner

Woodpecker
People say Muslims are terrorists who want to destroy Christianity. Yet at the same time they are ignorant of the Christian communities that have lived within Muslim lands for over a thousand years. Do you really think Egyptian Christians would have lasted this long being sorrounded by Muslims before the U.N before America before any Western Superpower if Islam taught that all non-muslims should be killed. How about Syrian Christians, or Christians in North Africa? Of course these hundreds of years of history will be ignored and replaced with the most recent church bombing or Christian murder as if this is the norm in Muslim Majority areas.
This is not really what people say, this is what you say to be able to refute something that is a straw man type of argument. The real question is and has always been what Mo lived like and commanded, and what were his and its (islam's) fruits (first was fitnah). The rest is history we know. No one who is thoughtful ignores history, we all know the history of islam very well. I'm always curious as to why there is this desire to deceive about this history, in light of everything the west has produced and offered islamic people, which they never offered to anyone else.

Prior to the recent wars, Christians had a strong presence in the middle-east. Lebanon is an example of a country that was soaring before their civil war (religion war) with a Christian majority. You could easily make a case that Christians were always needed. Technically, according to sharia Christians are second class citizens who have to pay taxes 'jizyah'. They were useful part of society. You are asking who was killed? Pagan groups like yazidis in Syria now and others like zoroastrians were decimated and Jews of course completely exiled. Islam grew thanks to forced conversions. A lot of Christians converted to avoid being constrained.

Of course it's much more nuanced than that. Your idea of a homogeneous Muslim majority population in the middle-east is not accurate. In reality it was fragmented into many sub-divisions and hardcore islamization was not the norm. In most cases every group was subject to a common law and religion only intersected in matters such as marriage, divorce and inheritance all of which were left to whatever religion the groups adhered to. So the church handled the Christians affairs. If you look at antique pictures of Iran, Egypt, Lebanon and Syria from the 1900s you will see how liberal they were. Men in suits and women in dresses no hijab in site. So yes Christians and Muslims managed to co-exists together for centuries in spite of major theological differences that would have seen Christians being persecuted if they were enforced. Either way it didn't last as Christians are ever shrinking in numbers now.

Tex Cruise

Kingfisher
So I haven’t been reading this forum but I wanted to say something I’ve noticed which is small, unsurprising and says a lot about tech censorship on Christianity vs Islam.

When you type Bible into a text box and leave the b lowercase (and it’s not the first word) it stays lowercase however when you type Quran into a text box it corrects the lowercase q to an uppercase Q. These small differences really say a lot about who rules over ya and what they really think.

This is on apple so I can’t speak for Android.
I think it's more likely because the word "bible" is often used to describe books such as technical manuals that are considered the standard their field (auto repair, coding etc), Quran is not. An annual event might be described as a "mecca" for wooden boat enthusiasts...etc though.