Christianity and sikhism (North Indian Religious sect ) are same

Rockym

Pigeon
Please watch this video by a UK based 88 years old sikh Indian scientist . He is an expert on Christianity .

Please let me know what you think about his interpretation of the Bible .

Last edited:
This is no different from the Muslims trying to claim Jesus as one of their own. He tries to reinterpret the Gospels as Sikh documents, while rejecting the religion that the writers of the New Testament adhered to. St. Paul wasn't playing for a different team than Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John; they collaborated with him.

To believe him, you have to assume that he knows what Christ really meant, in flat contradiction to the people who Christ chose to spread his message.

He is not claiming Jesus to be his own. He says that Jesus is the only god.
But Guru Nanak sikh guru is Jesus born again .

Which means that he is trying to reinvent both the Christian faith and the Sikh religion. The rest of the Sikhs don't accept the authority of the New Testament or worship Christ Jesus.

I'd encourage you to read Matthew 24 in full. Although Christ's second coming is spoken of many times, this one gives a particularly clear picture straight from Christ himself. Here's the most relevant parts. He warns against people who claim Christ is back:

Christ said:
Then if any one says to you, ‘Lo, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Lo, I have told you beforehand. So, if they say to you, ‘Lo, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; if they say, ‘Lo, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of man.

Then he goes on to describe his return will actually look like:
Christ said:
Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken; then will appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory; and he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Matt. 25 RSV

When Christ returns, there's not going to be any mistaking who he is. When people claim that he has returned in the absence of the world-shaking apocalyptic events that he predicted, we shouldn't be led astray.

While the guy from the video might personally believe in Christ's divinity, he's not doing so in accordance with the principles of the Sikh religion. On the contrary, it's the people who he calls "the dog-collared priests of the Churches of Mammon" who have actually spread the message of Christian hope.

Rockym

Pigeon

As per him sikhism and their holy book is the translation of new testament Bible in Hindi / Punjabi .

He has over 6000 YouTube videos explaining the gospels to Sikhs .

He criticizes high caste sikh priests and Pakistani rulers and mullas who are from same high khatri caste before they converted to Muslims .

Last edited:

Aboulia

Robin

As per him sikhism and their holy book is the translation of new testament Bible in Hindi / Punjabi .

He has over 6000 YouTube videos explaining the gospels to Sikhs .

He criticizes high caste sikh priests and Pakistani rulers and mullas who are from same high khatri caste before they converted to Muslims .

0:31 "Holy Spirit is common sense."......................................if you don't have that intellect, in which you can think logically then you can't have gospel because ....The gospel is called Logos, ....or the nectar of logical reasoning.

1:08 Which is trinity, in sikhism it is called Mool Mantar. Mool Mantar means basic knowledge that you should have to understand the holy books.

4:40 So on that day Jesus went out of the house and sat down by the sea, that stands for God, remember that. Sea is stand for God. The water evaporates from sea, and it rain far far away places, after rain the surplus come into the rivers, and rivers flow back to sea. That water originates from sea, and ended in sea. And so our souls originated from God. These ??? lost at sea, and we end up to our Father, God.

I'm not listening to any more of this nonsense, I don't know what Sikhism is, but this is not Christian thought (if you can even call this rambling thought). This is why Christ had disciples to hand the faith down.

Rockym

Pigeon
0:31 "Holy Spirit is common sense."......................................if you don't have that intellect, in which you can think logically then you can't have gospel because ....The gospel is called Logos, ....or the nectar of logical reasoning.

1:08 Which is trinity, in sikhism it is called Mool Mantar. Mool Mantar means basic knowledge that you should have to understand the holy books.

Mool mantra is the Hindi word for logos . When St John went to Greece he used the word logos and succeeded in explaining who Jesus was to Greek .Logos is a Greek word.

Without understanding logos you can't explain Trinity .

Louis IX

Pelican
I visited the golden temple a few years ago in Amritsar. There was someone explaining to me the basics of Sikhism.
I think this is a religion you can have a dialogue with and most people I met there were polite and clever
I like the fact that this is a religion which goals is to elevate the conscience.

But I have to stay true to Jesus Christ because I was born a catholic and there is no way to even doubt about its greatness ; based on the societies we have been able to build in the past

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
Mool mantra is the Hindi word for logos . When St John went to Greece he used the word logos and succeeded in explaining who Jesus was to Greek .Logos is a Greek word.

Without understanding logos you can't explain Trinity .
That is not the holy spirit. Sikhs don't seem to know what the Spirit is.

Spirit is conscious energy. The Holy Spirit is an entity that is God. Not this nonsense.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird

4:40 So on that day Jesus went out of the house and sat down by the sea, that stands for God, remember that. Sea is stand for God. The water evaporates from sea, and it rain far far away places, after rain the surplus come into the rivers, and rivers flow back to sea. That water originates from sea, and ended in sea. And so our souls originated from God. These ??? lost at sea, and we end up to our Father, God.

I'm not listening to any more of this nonsense, I don't know what Sikhism is, but this is not Christian thought (if you can even call this rambling thought). This is why Christ had disciples to hand the faith down.
And we have the New Testament. Without Divine revelation that's what the speculation on God can devolve to.

Sikhs are a noble and admirable people. We differ with them on matters of faith but I would say they are one of our closest allies outside of Christianity and even closer allies and less heretical than Mormons, Christian Zionists and Mainstream Protestant Marxistrianity.

rotekz

Ostrich
Gold Member
No Christian at RVF is going to accept this nonsense Rockym, even with the anti-alien window dressing. But, your purpose here may be to waste our time and troll for your own gratification?